Rounds 7 & 8 - Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 8 Trades

The thing with Chappy is that if he goes twang in round 16 those that had him would take the ranking points we lost, trade him out and still be laughing at us.

Agreed. I'm so tempted to do my first sideways trade of the year and get rid of either Goodes or Cooney for Chappy but there's not much point really. With Hunt and Waters still as starters in my backline they are more pressing upgrades, but it hurts everytime Chappy gets a 130+ :(

Why are people trading in Roberton? He will more than likely be dropped this week for Suban, Silvangi or Grover. If not this week he will be next week.

I wouldn't have thought Roberton has done anything wrong yet to get dropped.

Silvagni was in the team with Roberton before he pulled out so if anything Silvagni will replace whoever replaced him in the late change.

Suban and Grover? Are they even match fit yet? Surely they would need a few weeks in the WAFL first you would think. :eek:

Two trades this week. Have 571k in the bank so am bringing in Montagna and Shaw for Trengove and Waters. Will leave me with enough money to bring in Duffield for Maguire the following week, leaving me with only two upgrades - Gumby/Fyfe and Martin.

I wouldn't have thought Roberton has done anything wrong yet to get dropped.

Silvagni was in the team with Roberton before he pulled out so if anything Silvagni will replace whoever replaced him in the late change.

Suban and Grover? Are they even match fit yet? Surely they would need a few weeks in the WAFL first you would think. :eek:
Roberton has played pretty well so far but Suban will be straight back in after his injury. Grover had over 20 touches playing for Subiaco on the weekend in his first game back. He may need one more game at WAFL but either way Roberton wont be in the team for long. Also Harvey mentioned bringing Van Berlo back so we can have 2 taggers in midfield as well as DeBeor for Shaw.

like who?

Swan, Gibbs, Murphy, Pendlebury, Dal Santo, Bartel, Selwood, Hayes. All have the potential to average 110+.

Will be going Nason > Webberley, Ziebell > Harvey. Could go to Chapman but wouldn't leave me enough money for future plans.

Thinking about Ziebell -> Rohan, then putting Gumby on the field. Then use the $$$ to turn Brennan into someone even better because he will probably be out for a while.

It is about the only mistake I have made so far, not getting on Pods early.
+1, but won't trade for PODS
Similar to your trade, im considering bringing Malceski in.
+1, but won't trade for Malceski
Out: Goodes, Drummond
In: O'Keefe, Goddard
Brave, but good(es) luck
OUT: Hall
IN: Anyone under 560ish [yes, anyone ;)]
Anyone? Even Tippett? :D

This Week For Round 8

Banner -> Stevenson
Martin -> Swan:thumbsu::thumbsu: (welcome home)

Next Week For Round 9

Warnock -> Skipper
Trengove -> Sewell

Goddard, Hodge, Gilbee, Enright, Carrazzo, Goodwin, Newman (Hams, Roberton)
Montagne, Judd, Swan, Sewell, Barlow, Banfield (Bastinac, Stevenson)
Sandilands, Hille (Skipper, Roughhead)
Chapman, Pavlich, Brown, ROK, Harvey, Goodes, Rockliff (P. Davis, Hitchcock)

Will have 10 trades to upgrade Banfield and Rockliff, so I'll have 5-6 trades left.

+1, but won't trade for PODS

+1, but won't trade for Malceski

Brave, but good(es) luck

Anyone? Even Tippett? :D

This Week For Round 8

Banner -> Stevenson
Martin -> Swan:thumbsu::thumbsu: (welcome home)

Next Week For Round 9

Warnock -> Skipper
Trengove -> Sewell

Will have 10 trades to upgrade Banfield and Rockliff, so I'll have 5-6 trades left.

Fantastic team there Prompts, looks kick arse! :D:thumbsu:

Still think you are making a HUGE mistake in not getting Ablett in though. :eek:

Fantastic team there Prompts, looks kick arse! :D:thumbsu:

Still think you are making a HUGE mistake in not getting Ablett in though. :eek:

Yes, I think you are right..

Maybe

Banfield>Ablett (3 trades)
Rockliff>Franklin (3 trades) and have 4 trades left? lol

TBH - Ablett was a bad mistake, but the bigger mistake was not getting Malceski/PODS

I really don't wanna vs you prompts come rd 18 lmao :eek:

I really don't wanna vs you prompts come rd 18 lmao :eek:

ALTERNATIVELY - I SACRIFICE BARLOW

This Week For Round 8

Barlow -> Stevenson
Trengove -> Ablett :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Next Week For Round 9

Warnock -> Skipper
Martin -> Swan

Next Week For Round 10

Rockliff -> Dennis-Lane
Bastinac -> Sewell

Next Week For Round 11

Hams -> Talia
Banfield -> Hayes

Goddard, Hodge, Gilbee, Enright, Carrazzo, Goodwin, Newman (Talia*, Roberton)
Ablett, Montagne, Judd, Swan, Sewell, Hayes (Stevenson, Banner)
Chapman, Pavlich, Brown, ROK, Harvey, Goodes Dennis-Lane (P. Davis, Hitchcock)

If my calculations are correct, I will have 6 trades to upgrade forward, so I'll have 3-4 trades. However, there is a lot of risk involved, no cover for mid-field or forward, unless the Port Boys decide to play better. Talia and Davis - MPP? I also need an element of luck to get the funds

Need to crunch the numbers and decide whether it's worth getting Ablett as I can predict I'll be on the 'worst trade of the season' bringing in Ablett

Naturally, with the rookies, I'll invest more time in doing the research to see who has the best chance of playing year end, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to try and pick players from teams that can't make the finals. Also with premiums, such as Hayes, Swan and Sewell may get some cheaper fallen premiums..

THE SLEEPING GIANT IS NOW AWAKE - Geez Ablett I could accept 150, but 200 is just ridiculous and now you've stuff up my plans...

Might not trade this week...

Have 136k in the bank and need to upgrade Ziebell. I might keep the cash and get Goodes for him next week.

Really reggretting picking a midfield bench of JKT and Shuey who combined have risen a whopping 100k. :rolleyes:

That's crazy talk. :D

Unless Pods or Barlow drop off massively or do a knee I think they'll be in my team come year's end. Barlow's sitting pretty in the top five averaging mids and Pods is also there in the forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interesting problem for me to deal with in terms of the future structure of my team

midfield has ablett, judd, dal santo, barlow, selwood, mitchell, trengove, and martin.

first six are my locks, with only 11 trades left, i'm wondering whether i should trade trengove for more money now, or later, and upgrade elsewhere, probably forward line.....

have $248k left in the kitty

That's crazy talk. :D
Unless Pods or Barlow drop off massively or do a knee I think they'll be in my team come year's end. Barlow's sitting pretty in the top five averaging mids and Pods is also there in the forwards.

Unfortunately, it is time for me to take some risk and adopt an all out attack strategy...

I've held back on the trades, but I think now I'll drop to about 10,000 from 1,000 this week...

Unfortunately, it is time for me to take some risk and adopt an all out attack strategy...

I've held back on the trades, but I think now I'll drop to about 10,000 from 1,000 this week...

Personally I think your first strategy looked a lot more promising. You've got a few options come Round 10. Bastinac should still be right to harvest, and Hams and/or Davis would be topping out. If you must have Ablett that obviously restricts your options but otherwise a potential Bastinac + Banfield --> other premium would be a viable trade.

Any cash left over as well as some from a Hams or Davis downgrade could upgrade Rockliff, though that may be a trickier option because it looks like you've got most of this year's roller coaster forwards (Harvey, Brown, Goodes) save for Leon Davis.

Hall > Watts/Wonaemirri (Leaving me with Pods as F7)
Trengove > Judd

Thoughts?!?!

tossing up whether to look at getting rid of mitchell, he's been injured way too long which is leaving me with no midfield bench (have shuey too). i'd love to get rid of hall too, but i'm not sure about playing 3 rookies in the forward line.

$306k in the tank - planned to upgrade Trengove to Hodge this week.

Looking to downgrade Gumbleton to rookie to make cash to upgrade Kennedy (and thank you, by the way Josh!!) to Chapman the following week. With a bit of luck cash wise, might even be able to get Pavlich in the following week.

Upgrade time!

2 of my guys who were always going to be upgraded have just had purple patches and are going to have good price rises this week. Balla will have a decent BE this week and is set to rise a few grand (around 30+) while Ball has had 2 good games in a row and is sit to rise 20-25k.

So im gunna go:
Out: Ball, In: Cross
Out: Ballantyne, In: Didak

Thoughts?

Upgrade time!

2 of my guys who were always going to be upgraded have just had purple patches and are going to have good price rises this week. Balla will have a decent BE this week and is set to rise a few grand (around 30+) while Ball has had 2 good games in a row and is sit to rise 20-25k.

So im gunna go:
Out: Ball, In: Cross
Out: Ballantyne, In: Didak

Thoughts?

Delicious

trading out trengove this week, which mid under 570k should i get ? already have pendles selwood judd ablett and barlow in the midfield.
thinking swan or NDS ? any better options ?

interesting problem for me to deal with in terms of the future structure of my team

midfield has ablett, judd, dal santo, barlow, selwood, mitchell, trengove, and martin.

first six are my locks, with only 11 trades left, i'm wondering whether i should trade trengove for more money now, or later, and upgrade elsewhere, probably forward line.....

have $248k left in the kitty

With such a strong midfield, i'm guessing you've got holes elsewhere? I'd probably do Trengove or Martin to Stevenson this week. Then you'll have a big chunk of cash to upgrade whichever fwds/backs/rucks are losing you the most points over the next couple of weeks.

This week

Martin -> Swan
Hall -> Didak/Giancircumsion

Its about time i get the boys i love seeing in my team...it hurts me everytime didak and swan get a big score and i dont get to share their supercoach joy.

Will leave me with a
midfield of Ablett, Judd, Dalsanto, Swan, Selwood, Barlow
forwardline of Okeefe, Brown, Pav, Harvey, Dids, Fyfe, Pods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back