Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should be up all around the area. From Alberton to Semaphore to largs. Everywhere hinkley turns, there's a Sack Hinkley sign. Would be really funny if people put them up in shop windows, like they do team colours in grand final week. There's a certain Soto's owner i'm looking at in particular. Make it so Hinkley can't even go get a piece of Flake with Minimum Chips without having it thrust in his face.
Oh please. That would never happen.

That's my recollection too regarding Hinkley, and from what I remember reading on this forum he's been unwilling to do anything since. Because he hates it
Yep. At end of 2018 the club forced him to go to USA with Voss.

From that Voss got into the mindset stuff and then 12 months later went from mid field coach to senior assistant and moved down to the bench for the 2020 season, and hasnt looked back since then.

it hasnt been total silence, they did wheel out every single proxy on the books to chastise the fans.
This is actually not a bad thing.

Once Hinkley's position becomes truly untenable, the club will have to front up to the media and they'll be asked about finally giving in.

They'll make some ridiculous argument about the time not being right then to let Ken go, but now it is (ala Barrett claiming that he supported the re-appointment then, which was the right thing to do, but "things have changed ... and I don't back away from that").

The club will twist themselves into knots and the press will crucify them. And the good thing is - regardless of where the respective commentator stood on Hinkley - the likes of Koch and Davies will cop it from all directions. Caro and Kane will accuse them of treachery and "giving into the mob" while others will see the 2023 re-signing as the folly it was.

And a REALLY courageous commentator will accuse Koch of cowardice for leaving the fans out to dry while hiding in his bunker.

Oh, and Gerard will be too devastated to speak.

Koch tried to please everyone, but will make everyone angry.

The Office Reaction GIF

Last edited:
We could make a weekend of it, like Roy and HG's Festival of the Boot when the AFL and NRL grand finals were on the same weekend. Festival of the Sack.

Sack Hartlett tonight and Hinkley tomorrow.

Who's in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At 15, Hinkley he met his future wife Donna. At 16 – in a storyline that mirrors that of the Crows’ first Brownlow Medallist Mark Ricciuto who grew up in the Riverland – Hinkley was the leading goalkicker for the Camperdown senior team. At 17, he was leaving school with no career in mind, but starting a semi-professional sporting journey with VFL club Fitzroy. It wasn’t quite the dream it appears.

“I was one of those who battled to make the adjustment out to city life; didn’t like it,” says Hinkley who played 11 games in his two seasons (1987-88) with the Lions. “That’s why when you look at my footy career I was at Fitzroy, I wasn’t at Fitzroy, I was at Fitzroy, I wasn’t at Fitzroy. And then I ended up at Geelong because I just didn’t like living in Melbourne. I was a typical country boy from a big family who just needed to have people around to make me feel comfortable. That didn’t happen in Melbourne.

“I was 17. I didn’t have a driver’s licence. I was relying on public transport and rides home at night. This is a country boy who once he got to Werribee, he got spooked by how big the place was and then had to find his way around. It was a little bit foreign for a country lad. I’d left school at the end of Year 11 because I knew I was going to Fitzroy. The club wanted me to continue at school, but it was never part of my plan, unfortunately. So I did a bit of labouring work in factories between playing footy. But every chance I got, I was on the train or in the car trying to get home to country Victoria.

I had no plan..."
No offence guys I know our coach and club sucks, but what a ****ing loser this Hick is. It's maddening that many people far more intelligent than this farkwit struggle to get anywhere in life due to circumstances outside their control. This dumbshit could kick a footy, sell used cars and gaslight everyone around him and he's been paid millions. It genuinely makes me sick. The AFL is a crock.

Malthouse is notorious for shifting the blame.

Malthouse let the drop-kick dickheads of the Rat Pack run wild, allowed racism to fester at the same club and saw nothing (or pretended not to) at the West Coke Eagles ... then turned around and supported Wilkey's brain-fart in parliament without taking the slightest responsibility for himself.

And let's not even mention the club-destroying damage he inflicted on Carlton.

Just another con artist (a more successful one, though). No wonder he loves Hinkley.

Can someone with the skills and time, put together a comprehensive video that can be used as a rebuttal and summary of supporters' grievances re Kern.

- clips of all the stupid things he's said - scary finals, wouldn't change a thing, don't judge me, greatest list hes had, the list isnt good enough.....etc.....not to mention the unintelligible/nonsensical rubbish he comes up with on a regular basis

- summary of record in big games - Showdown record, Ebert Tribute match, lack of finals success, AO Night games

- evidence of his lack of selflessness - threatening to go to Gold Coast, not agreeing to the covid clause that reduces potential pay-out

- conflicts of interest everywhere - from the greyhound syndicate; plus within the media - Kornes, Wilson etc. The hypocrisy of how the Victoria media treats him, compared to other coaches. The lack of mention of his involvement (with players) in greyhound industry. Patronising from Whateley etc.

- his record breaking: most games without a GF, the games against where West Coast where the club only trailled after the final siren. The games where the side has had majority of possession but loses, the inaccuracy etc.

Then spam the video on Facebook, X. footy forums and everywhere else. And when Kornes. club management, or Victorian media, try to attack the supporters, the simple reply is to simply post the video in response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back