Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Fighting for what?

He's fighting for his job at the expense of a club. Has had 12 years to prove people wrong and failed for 12 years.
He's always been fighting for his job but that's it. His whole strategy of being everyone's best friend was to survive for as long as he could. I have zero respect for him & his strategy. Sold our culture down the drain.

Caught up with my mate last night and we were hashing out how much we hate Hinkley. We explained in very loose terms to my partner, who doesn't follow footy, enough to have her be part of the conversation. She said "I don't understand why they don't sack him then". Everyone. Gets. It.

I ❤️ Cardboard King
Sack Hinkley

My concern with Bucks is he's been loosely linked to the Tassy gig.
Maguire pushing him may very well be to get him back into the 'system' sooner than he otherwise would if he got the Tas gig.
Where would that leave us, Carr would move on and so might Bucks in 3yrs.
Not worth the risk.

I say stick with Carr.
Whatever he brought that got us 13 straight has to be explored in the senior role.
Nope - for mine, Buckley is more likely to push back against what's left of the current regime, and demand whatever he needs to bring success to the club.

"I'm a fighter."
Incredulous. You don't own the PAFC douche bag. You're not entitled to anything nor is it your right or your play thing.
If the rumours are true and we get knocked off by the Saints and he gets sacked, I'll be jumping for joy then getting p*ssed celebrating.
When in his playing and coaching career has KH ever shown he was a "fighter"?

Soft (albeit classy) outside flanker as a player.
Too scared of finals and big games as a coach.

We're now 9th, and 12th on percentage.

Yet somehow we're the ferals because we want change after 12 years of this nothingness?
Bulldogs and Suns could both jump us before we play too, so a reasonable chance we could be sitting in 11th by the time the game starts.

But maybe 12 more years will fix it

Beaten all ends up and then waddled after Tony Hall as that particular pocket was born.

A perfect microcosm of his coaching career here.

Did enough to be there in the first place, but when faced with some adversity, was reduced to being a hapless bystander as someone else went above and beyond and took everlasting glory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol there's a Hinkley St

WhyAlwaysMe has previously noted that the name is oddly synonymous with bad things:

• ‘Hinkley’, the real life poison water town in Erin Brockovich,

• ‘Hinkley Point C’, the planned British nuclear reactor beset with astronomical cost blow-outs and problems,

• ‘Hinckley’, the bloke who shot multiple people in his failed assassination attempt of Ronald Reagan,

It’s probably an ancient word that summons apocalyptic curses.

Soft (albeit classy) outside flanker as a player.
Too scared of finals and big games as a coach.
"Look after my man while I go and fight for 3 Brownlow votes and a new contract."

WhyAlwaysMe has previously noted that the name is oddly synonymous with bad things:

• ‘Hinkley’, the real life poison water town in Erin Brockovich,

• ‘Hinkley Point C’, the planned British nuclear reactor beset with astronomical cost blow-outs and problems,

• ‘Hinckley’, the bloke who shot multiple people in his failed assassination attempt of Ronald Reagan,
And we still somehow ended up with the worst Hinkley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back