Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

May I ask, what the hell are they waiting for? Are they waiting for him to quit so the payout is less? That's the only thing that makes a modicum of sense.
For any even remotely justifiable excuse to not make the hard decision.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

come home from lunch

Oh No Fire GIF

ffs you hopeless sainters. hinkley with the tear works? spare me you campaigner.

Many things can be true at the same time. Such as... Ken was, at one time, a good coach for that time and place. It can also be true that being on the end of personal attacks and vitriol can be really tough. It can also be true that the players love him. Given all this, it can also be true that our performances for our lists have been sub par for a while now, certain aspects of our game haven't changed across multiple personnel and line coaches, and it's past time for changes beyond our paying group and beyond just the assistant level. Everything here is fact and Ken has had the benefit of the kind of media defense force other coaches could only dream of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the true meaning of Never Tear Us Apart.

The people who actually care about Port Adelaide FC, as we have known it for decades, holding firm, while the Hinkleys, Kochs, Davies, Whateleys, Ruccis, Caro Wilsons, Kornes, (throw in 90% of the Vic footy media) and a playing group who only seem to care when their good mate Kenny is really under fire ... while all of them are doing their damnedest to drag PAFC through the sewer, in the process tearing it apart. We hold our nerve, and our knowledge of what is truly in the best interests of the club.

This will be the week's narrative

"Won't somebody think of the Hinkley"
This is exactly why the personal attacks from some here only hurt the cause. I'm not talking about sticker man or the cardboard sign. I'm taking about jabs about his appearance, his education and his wife etc. All it does is make everything else easy to dismiss as 'white noise' and engender sympathy, where otherwise it would be a pretty cut and dry issue. The facts speak for themselves, we don't need it.

May I ask, what the hell are they waiting for? Are they waiting for him to quit so the payout is less? That's the only thing that makes a modicum of sense.

As much as everyone (you and me included) see that the writing is on the wall, good luck sacking a coach who is 9-6 and currently in the top 8.

This is just my own personal speculation, but I don't think that any one within the Club expected to bomb out and play so poorly as they have this year. So now they're stuck between a rock and a hard place and they're not quite sure how to handle it.

The only consolation I truly have is that there are enough hard games the rest of the way that they will get blown out and subsequently miss the finals.

This is exactly why the personal attacks from some here only hurt the cause. I'm not talking about sticker man or the cardboard sign. I'm taking about jabs about his appearance, his education and his wife etc. All it does is make everything else easy to dismiss as 'white noise' and engender sympathy, where otherwise it would be a pretty cut and dry issue. The facts speak for themselves, we don't need it.
If I said things like "I seen it, we done it, we got beat" or presented myself in the manner he sometimes does, I wouldn't expect to have any job let alone a pretty responsible one paying big bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back