Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

This will be the week's narrative

"Won't somebody think of the Hinkley"
This is exactly why the personal attacks from some here only hurt the cause. I'm not talking about sticker man or the cardboard sign. I'm taking about jabs about his appearance, his education and his wife etc. All it does is make everything else easy to dismiss as 'white noise' and engender sympathy, where otherwise it would be a pretty cut and dry issue. The facts speak for themselves, we don't need it.

May I ask, what the hell are they waiting for? Are they waiting for him to quit so the payout is less? That's the only thing that makes a modicum of sense.

As much as everyone (you and me included) see that the writing is on the wall, good luck sacking a coach who is 9-6 and currently in the top 8.

This is just my own personal speculation, but I don't think that any one within the Club expected to bomb out and play so poorly as they have this year. So now they're stuck between a rock and a hard place and they're not quite sure how to handle it.

The only consolation I truly have is that there are enough hard games the rest of the way that they will get blown out and subsequently miss the finals.

This is exactly why the personal attacks from some here only hurt the cause. I'm not talking about sticker man or the cardboard sign. I'm taking about jabs about his appearance, his education and his wife etc. All it does is make everything else easy to dismiss as 'white noise' and engender sympathy, where otherwise it would be a pretty cut and dry issue. The facts speak for themselves, we don't need it.
If I said things like "I seen it, we done it, we got beat" or presented myself in the manner he sometimes does, I wouldn't expect to have any job let alone a pretty responsible one paying big bucks.

If I said things like "I seen it, we done it, we got beat" or presented myself in the manner he sometimes does, I wouldn't expect to have any job let alone a pretty responsible one paying big bucks.
The objective results vs our lists speak for themselves. It doesn't matter what would happen if you spoke like that or any other subjective hypotheticals. It's moot. Also, the ire should be directed to those that chose to re-employ him and continue to do so.

The objective results vs our lists speak for themselves. It doesn't matter what would happen if you spoke like that or any other subjective hypotheticals. It's moot. Also, the ire should be directed to those that chose to re-employ him and continue to do so.
I agree. The ire is definitely there towards the employers. I am amazed however, how Hinkley was ever employed to start with. I suppose not being interviewed helped.

The tears proves how close we are now. Push it home.

Remember this idiot isnt here for us. He is here for his lifestyle. He doesnt even turn up to member events and agms lol.

"i want the job"

How about you ****ing do your job then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken Hinkley (left) and Connor Rozee celebrate a win over St Kilda during round 16, 2024

RozeeKen.jpg

PORT Adelaide has given its embattled coach Ken Hinkley a reprieve, beating St Kilda by two points in an error-filled clash at Marvel Stadium.

These ****ing soft players.

The tears proves how close we are now. Push it home.

Remember this idiot isnt here for us. He is here for his lifestyle. He doesnt even turn up to member events and agms lol.

"i want the job"

How about you ****ing do your job then.
He does his job "the best he possibly can". As if that means sh*t. **** him off Port.

Ken Hinkley (left) and Connor Rozee celebrate a win over St Kilda during round 16, 2024

View attachment 2035057

PORT Adelaide has given its embattled coach Ken Hinkley a reprieve, beating St Kilda by two points in an error-filled clash at Marvel Stadium.

These ****ing soft players.
My god he's a creep.

Nick Dal Santo praising Ken’s emotion as proof to the supporters that “he cares”.

Chrrrrrrrist.

Embarrassing, 12 years no GF appearances

And the media cuddling him

And players "We love ken"

View attachment 2034996

I'm going to break ranks here and say that I have no issue with Ken being emotional like that.
He is human and this week would have been tough.

I still don't want him as coach but his response was totally normal and I get it.

Nick Dal Santo praising Ken’s emotion as proof to the supporters that “he cares”.

Chrrrrrrrist.
He cares about his ****ing job. Coming from a Saints player I suppose is understandable, being a loser footy club for ever Ken would look okay.

Last edited:
I'm going to break ranks here and say that I have no issue with Ken being emotional like that.

I still don't want him as coach but his response was totally normal and I get it.
Does he cry when the greyhounds go into the annihilator.

Breaking into tears after a two point win over a bottom 4 side probably highlights how cooked he is though regardless of a tough week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back