Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody said the list is shit but it's very difficult to look at a key forward trio of Lord/Georgiades/Marshall and a key back trio of Aliir/Zerk-Thatcher/Ratugolea, as well as a ruck division of honest toilers, and see 'premiership'.

People chronically underrate the significance of losing peak Jonas and the effective losses of Dixon and McKenzie. The first two were All Australian level players at their best and I'd argue McKenzie was too albeit one of the most underrated players in the competition so never actually in that discussion.

The replacements are nowhere near as good and it shows, especially in the forward line with 'Hot Toddy' bordering on being an embarrassment for an $800k key forward and the other two very much still developing.
Like, they’re not great but are they that much worse than the Frampton, Mihocek, Moore, Howe key position combo of last years premiership team?

If a game plan and system is developed around them by a good coach then the sky is the limit.

Unfortunately we have Ken Hinkley.

Like, they’re not great but are they that much worse than the Frampton, Mihocek, Moore, Howe key position combo of last years premiership team?

If a game plan and system is developed around them by a good coach then the sky is the limit.

Unfortunately we have Ken Hinkley.

Moore and Howe are fantastic players. Mihocek isn't a star but he'd still be our best key forward.

Right now watching Brad Scott talking about umpiring on AFL360. Geez it must be nice to have a coach who can organise his thoughts and string a few sentences together that actually mean something.

I don’t even need to see Ken on this subject. It would just be “yeah nah look. The umpiring, it’s part of our game. Sometimes it goes against ya, and if it goes against then, look, well, as coaches we don’t like it. But, that’s just our game. And all we can do is look towards next week.” (Onto next question)

Just a vapid individual.

‘It gave us a glimpse of what it looks like to have your job casually and callously thrown around in the public forum, a coach giving his whole heart and soul to it.

Kenny’s mantra is to never, ever give up. He is a good and loyal man in a really tough spot. This throws shame on those who boo him and are desperate to throw him out of a job that means so much to him.’

- Gerard Whateley, AFL360, 1/7.

No one's still buying this little cuck's nonsense anymore are they?

I haven't really seen anyone defending ken, apart from people trolling port supporters (which is fine, I'd do the same in their boots - it's a funny situation when it isn't happening to you/your club)

Watching Whateley and his pearl clutching on 360 absolutely sickens me now, especially the way he is talking about Port fans.

He’s the biggest weasel I’ve ever seen.

Ken is such a manipulator. He knew exactly what he was doing with that fake choking up yesterday, he also knew with his finger-wagging to JHF last year.

He knows these fake authentic displays can be used by the likes of Whateley the day after.

Absolutely sickening that a narrow victory over an horrendous Saints team with the worst skills and play style I’ve ever seen is somehow vindicating Hinkley.

Not surprising though really. The AFL media is disgraceful.

Looking forward to hearing the boos for him on the weekend loud and clear.

Does he still have the players? A question depending on which faction of the playing list you speak to.

I spoke with a former player at a wedding back in 2020 (pre-covid) and he told me the group was divided then, but generally got along with each other depending on which side of the 'Hinkley Faction' you sat. However after recently speaking with said ex player again, the divide is now where players actively don't speak to other players if they don't have to. It is also very clear which players fall into this faction with the current playing list and where Daddy and his interests lie.

For the rest of the list, face-time with the emperor is limited and feedback even more so. Everything is 'delegated' (i.e. Ken can't be assed to do it so someone else has to) through the assistants and dev coaches.

He is a hypocrite, he is lazy and he is bereft of any sense to read a room but will cling on for dear life to that pay cheque.
I heard the same back in 2019... this has been going on for donkey's years

Its all about hinkley wants to be the coach. There's nothing about the club needs the best coach. It's perverse. I'd argue that hinkley having the job isn't in his best interests, but that isn't the point. Why is everyone so invested in the best interests of a very rich uneducated individual who doesn't like pressure or scrutiny more important than than the best interests of the club and everyone invested in the club.
He keeps us where they want us, a competetive revenue stream that wont disrupt the Vic fairytales.

Moore and Howe are fantastic players. Mihocek isn't a star but he'd still be our best key forward.
I’ll give you Moore. He’s their captain after all. But Aliir is also an AA key defender on a similar level when at his best so we should match them there. Howe is a half back flanker turned key defender under a well drilled system. Mihocek would look absolutely rubbish playing in Ken Hinkley’s system. Frampton is a plodder but their system turned him into a servicable player. Point is our players wouldn’t appear anywhere near as bad in a good system.

‘It gave us a glimpse of what it looks like to have your job casually and callously thrown around in the public forum, a coach giving his whole heart and soul to it.

Kenny’s mantra is to never, ever give up. He is a good and loyal man in a really tough spot. This throws shame on those who boo him and are desperate to throw him out of a job that means so much to him.’

I had to turn it off or else my TV was in serious jeopardy

I’ll give you Moore. He’s their captain after all. But Aliir is also an AA key defender on a similar level when at his best so we should match them there. Howe is a half back flanker turned key defender under a well drilled system. Mihocek would look absolutely rubbish playing in Ken Hinkley’s system. Frampton is a plodder but their system turned him into a servicable player. Point is our players wouldn’t appear anywhere near as bad in a good system.

I agree that a better coach and system could potentially get more out of the current list, I'm just disputing the general vibe from some on this board that the list is packed with stars on every line and the only thing standing between it and the premiership cup is Ken Hinkley. Definitely could've argued that a few years back but not now.

I know this might be a bit radical around here, but I think we should sack Hinkley
How Dare You Greta GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to keep pressing.

Hierarchy haven't said they won't not keep him on. All the "poor victim crying ken" themes getting around I think the club would like to keep him on next year if they can get away with it. They are behind the media victim charade ATM.

Are we getting a posse together at the dogs game for synchronised boooing?

Is there a strategy?

Bartel is as "objective and impartial" on the subject of "Kenny" as Kornes is. For the life of me I don't understand why no-one calls them out on this.
Ken's playing the mental health card perfectly. So media is now forced to back off so they don't look like bullies.

Our list is certainly better than where we're at right now. You can't account for form and you have to look at what players have shown to be capable of. Our team is about as low on confidence right now as I've seen them over the years. There's a real sense of inevitability about the place, which is no surprise because we keep repeating the same mistakes.
No doubt our list is very questionable but this needs to be tested by an competent footy department, which we don't have.

Have to keep pressing.

Hierarchy haven't said they won't not keep him on. All the "poor victim crying ken" themes getting around I think the club would like to keep him on next year if they can get away with it. They are behind the media victim charade ATM.

Are we getting a posse together at the dogs game for synchronised boooing?

Is there a strategy?
Just boo. Don’t be embarrassed or wait for someone else to start it. Boo like nobody’s watching and things will happen.

Todd Marshall supporting him, not surprising as any other coach would have dropped him weeks ago!

I thought maybe the elitist twats in the media would have learned their lesson when it came to telling people not to boo. I guess not lol.

OMG, we don't pay him to try his best. We pay him to bring success.

Ken can go on trying in the under 8s mini league for all I care. Just not the toughest sporting competition in the world.

I agree that a better coach and system could potentially get more out of the current list, I'm just disputing the general vibe from some on this board that the list is packed with stars on every line and the only thing standing between it and the premiership cup is Ken Hinkley. Definitely could've argued that a few years back but not now.
It's not littered with stars, but there's enough to work with under the right guidance.

He's such a simp. I've never heard Whatley give any reason based on merit or performance as to why Ken is the only man entitled to be an AFL coach for life. His justification for Ken is always, he's loyal and he wants to do it.

I'd like to be a F1 driver and bang supermodels. I just don't have the ability or experience to do it though.

OMG, we don't pay him to try his best. We pay him to bring success.

Ken can go on trying in the under 8s mini league for all I care. Just not the toughest sporting competition in the world.

‘Trying his best’ saw us fall over the line by 2 points against one of the worst sides in the comp, performing no better than last week when he got done by 13 goals. AFL media is deeply unserious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back