Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why some of you have bought into the "shit list" nonsense.

We're badly coached and players have gone backwards. That doesn't mean the talent isn't there.

Bergman - gone backwards. Why? Played out of position on the wing, because we traded our actual winger because he wasn't one of donuts chosen few.

Burton - a real coach wouldn't have let him constantly put in weak as piss performances. He would have either had to lift his game or **** off ages ago.

Williams - very solid last year until ken wrecked his confidence.

Aliir - back structure is all wrong, so of course aliir looks rubbish. All Australian calibre player.

Soldo - the dickhead brought him back injured and made his injury worse.

Rozee - the dickhead brought him back injured and made his injury worse.

McEntee - is just the worst player in the AFL and has been played almost every week, bringing us down. Just shouldn't be playing. Anyone would be better. Anyone.

Drew - no idea what Ken's done to him but gone backwards.

Marshall - who knows.

Wines - ken has no real idea what to do with him. Can still play (see Geelong game) but has become a nothing player.
Agree with all of this. Great observations. Maybe worst player in the Afl is a touch harsh. Reckon McEntee should be given another tagging role to see if can cut it.

Watching Whateley on AFL 360

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Even Caro wasn't buying that attempt to split Tredrea from the fanbase and said that Tredders was disingenuous in his claims that the club was united (actually, fair).

The club is united, isn't that why they're upset over booing?? Because a large enough contingent of the supporter base came together to make a loud enough noise together that the entire AFL world took notice?
Seems pretty united to me.

Are you kidding me? They were tossing his salad

“I’d love to play for a coach like that”

— Jordan Lewis​

“I don’t think we understand the pressure over there in Adelaide”

— Jonathan Brown​

“The people that sing NTUA are the same people booing. I wonder how they felt watching [Ken’s interview with Sarah Jones]”

— Garry Lyon​

It’s absolute bizarroworld. Port fans bad. Emotionally-manipulative 12 year coach who has achieved f#%k all good.

Why do we bother.

Right now watching Brad Scott talking about umpiring on AFL360. Geez it must be nice to have a coach who can organise his thoughts and string a few sentences together that actually mean something.

I don’t even need to see Ken on this subject. It would just be “yeah nah look. The umpiring, it’s part of our game. Sometimes it goes against ya, and if it goes against then, look, well, as coaches we don’t like it. But, that’s just our game. And all we can do is look towards next week.” (Onto next question)

Just a vapid individual.
That actually made way too much sense. There's no chance he says that.

Gossip Girl giving her take on Wazza and Hinkley.

Apart from the saviour Ken line I didn’t find much to disagree with from Caro there.

BY THE WAY why are we not making more of how the crying interview opened!?
“How are you feeling?”
“Pretty hard”

In fairness what bloke wouldn’t went faced with the statuesque beauty that is Sarah Jones.

Gossip Girl giving her take on Wazza and Hinkley.

LMAO at Kane talking about backflips.

In 2021, he said that a Grand Final appearance was a non-negotiable.

In 2023, he said that Port had its best change of winning a premiership.

Last week, he said that the Port list was not good enough, despite making Top 4 in three of the last four years.

Jordan Lewis said he wishes he was coached by Hinkley. Go sign up for Bell Park next season, you might get lucky.

“I’d love to play for a coach like that”

— Jordan Lewis​

“I don’t think we understand the pressure over there in Adelaide”

— Jonathan Brown​

“The people that sing NTUA are the same people booing. I wonder how they felt watching [Ken’s interview with Sarah Jones]”

— Garry Lyon​

It’s absolute bizarroworld. Port fans bad. Emotionally-manipulative 12 year coach who has achieved f#%k all good.

Why do we bother.
It’s us against the world as it always is at Port Adelaide, except we don’t even have the administration, coaches and players in our corner this time.

Only option is to up the ante even further. Saturday now becomes a very interesting watch.

The leading AFL pundits who have to come up with something to say about 18 teams every week (or day), of whom Port is probably in the bottom 4 teams getting their attention, are always going to have the most superficial takes possible. They have the megaphone, and the propaganda war cannot be won. Have to rely on results from here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The leading AFL pundits who have to come up with something to say about 18 teams every week (or day), of whom Port is probably in the bottom 4 teams getting their attention, are always going to have the most superficial takes possible. They have the megaphone, and the propaganda war cannot be won. Have to rely on results from here.
We have the megaphone on game day, as the footy world saw at the Brisbane game. That’s our one and only stage.

Just thinking now, what has our sport become?

Think about how absurd this is: a coach getting paid a lot of money for 12 ****ING YEARS, without any success, gets a few boos directed at him by long suffering fans who pay his wage.

This lead to him breaking down in tears the next week and the media protecting the coach by rounding on the fans.

I’ve lived in Europe for a while now and love my soccer. I have been home and away around Sweden and regularly fly over to England.

I’ve seriously lost count of the amount of times fans chant at and taunt opposition coaches (see example below).

But have you ever seen a coach on the end of the chanting break down in tears over it, or even the media have a go at fans? **** no. They know they are answerable to fans first and foremost. And they aren’t massive cowards like Ken Hinkley has proven to be.

Ken Hinkley should be embarrassed by his display yesterday, not protected by the media. A grown man crying over a few boos? Give me a break.

The charlatan deserves a lot more than a sprinkling of boos and I hope he gets it.

Looking at this shit being directed at Port fans over this absolutely ridiculous coach, I believe we as footy fans have lost our sport.

It’s a ****ing sad state of affairs what it has become.

Jordan Lewis said he wishes he was coached by Hinkley. Go sign up for Bell Park next season, you might get lucky.
What a crock of sh*t. You played in four premierships you disingenuous d*head. No wonder you say you like Hinkley. Still p*ssed at being put up for trade by Clarkson.

Last edited:
Just thinking now, what has our sport become?

Think about how absurd this is: a coach getting paid a lot of money for 12 ****ING YEARS, without any success, gets a few boos directed at him by long suffering fans who pay his wage.

This lead to him breaking down in tears the next week and the media protecting the coach by rounding on the fans.

I’ve lived in Europe for a while now and love my soccer. I have been home and away around Sweden and regularly fly over to England.

I’ve seriously lost count of the amount of times fans chant at and taunt opposition coaches (see example below).

But have you ever seen a coach on the end of the chanting break down in tears over it, or even the media have a go at fans? **** no. They know they are answerable to fans first and foremost. And they aren’t massive cowards like Ken Hinkley has proven to be.

Ken Hinkley should be embarrassed by his display yesterday, not protected by the media. A grown man crying over a few boos? Give me a break.

The charlatan deserves a lot more than a sprinkling of boos and I hope he gets it.

Looking at this shit being directed at Port fans over this absolutely ridiculous coach, I believe we as footy fans have lost our sport.

It’s a ****ing sad state of affairs what it has become.

The fandom can be divided among those who follow US sports or European football, who find this sort of situation completely absurd, and those who basically only follow footy/cricket, who treat their club coaches and admin like they are volunteering their time to cook the sausage sizzle every weekend, rather than highly salaried employees in a high performance environment. Deeply unserious league.

Last edited:

Can we at least get a retrospective trade?

Hinkley to the Hawks and Clarko back to Alberton for season 2014.

“I been in foodialontoim, Jordy”

Apart from the saviour Ken line I didn’t find much to disagree with from Caro there.

BY THE WAY why are we not making more of how the crying interview opened!?
“How are you feeling?”
“Pretty hard”

In fairness what bloke wouldn’t went faced with the statuesque beauty that is Sarah Jones.
Actually thought Caro saw thru whats playing out as opposed to Corns who naievly try to suggest tredders had flipped his views.

Have to keep pressing.

Hierarchy haven't said they won't not keep him on. All the "poor victim crying ken" themes getting around I think the club would like to keep him on next year if they can get away with it. They are behind the media victim charade ATM.

Are we getting a posse together at the dogs game for synchronised boooing?

Is there a strategy?
I liked the waving of the tissues at the 12 (seasons on the take) minute mark I think ET mentioned earlier
Maybe instead of booing, boohoo Fake cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back