Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genius of Norton to set up that post game interview. They have successfully turned the factual debate around Ken into an emotional one.

Mustn't shoot bambi.

Question and I’m not sure if you know but was that interview designed by Norton or by dopey manager/CD?

‘It gave us a glimpse of what it looks like to have your job casually and callously thrown around in the public forum, a coach giving his whole heart and soul to it.

Kenny’s mantra is to never, ever give up. He is a good and loyal man in a really tough spot. This throws shame on those who boo him and are desperate to throw him out of a job that means so much to him.’

- Gerard Whateley, AFL360, 1/7.

He is such a “good and loyal man” that he and his manager used the Gold Coast interest as leverage to score a new contract that so egregious in every detail which was spoken about by chewy. This way the media defends this and what we would say in Italy “uomo di merda” which translates to man of shit in English is so sickening.

Last edited:
The game plan is the biggest issue.

Relies on bombing it in long from the centre clearances and locking it in for as long as possible until we scrum a goal from stoppage or until we’re forced to kick to a pocket as there’s no space in our leading lanes with everyone crammed in there.

It causes our midfield to not have any room to move, breathe, or think, and are constantly under pressure forced into frantic football which diminishes our skills but also cooks our players aerobically.

It gives forwards like Marshall and Georgiades no room to play their natural lead up style of play they have as more athletic key forwards as the plan is designed to be bombed on Dixon’s head and hope he takes a mark 1 out of every 20 entries.

And then it leaves our defenders horribly exposed now that opposition teams have figured out you just have to play the Collingwood style slingshot from defense against us and we can’t stop teams going the other way.

All of this coupled with the fact there is no fear of retribution coming from Uncle Ken who is best mates with most of the players so there’s no pressure to perform.

Then you’ve probably got another group of players who are so sick of playing this way knowing that it doesn’t work and you just lose against the best sides in the comp that they’ve just given up trying.

It say all of this is a reasonable explanation for players going backwards.
Yep. The gameplan is dogshit but doesn't even match the playing list we have.
We have defenders who are generally poor 1v1 but have a number of weapons by foot to break lines and pick out space. So we play a high press to make all these guys need to be accountable for their player and about 100m of open space behind them. If we do get it back on a fast break everyone has pushed out of position to be able to use it well.
The forward set up is clogged for space which is dumb when we should be structuring for leading options in Todd and Mitch. This forcing it to ground and ground ball goals relies on Dixon being there to wrestle and someone at his feet who has natural forward craft, Rioli is the only guy on the list who can do this plus SPP to a degree by repeated kamikaze attacks. At best it takes our forward entries from something that should be to our advantage to a 50:50 contest and grind.
We've never looked even close to the equal of our parts under Ken. There's too many gaps in the gameplan that rely on chance or someone playing to the level of Robbie Gray for that final step to score.

Caro on "Footy Classified" calling Tredrea "selfish", "pandering to the rabble" and "could not care less that he's upsetting players, coaches, the board members".

She also blames Tredrea "that's why we saw what we did on the weekend".

It's Tredrea's fault that a 57-year-old man is crying.

Jesus.
Also, Kane was trying (impotently) to suggest that Tredrea had betrayed those that voted him in because "nothing's changed".

LMAO.

Even Caro wasn't buying that attempt to split Tredrea from the fanbase and said that Tredders was disingenuous in his claims that the club was united (actually, fair).

Keep supporting Tredrea, keep booing Ken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cornesy Says: ‘"Great boys... great boys" said an emotional Ken Hinkley after the game. I'd love my coach to say that about me!’ 🙄

View attachment 2036262
Any comment on what he said about the players last week Graham?
Did also pick up the comment about poor forward 50 entries, that's getting dangerously close to something that's Chad responsibility.

Caro on "Footy Classified" calling Tredrea "selfish", "pandering to the rabble" and "could not care less that he's upsetting players, coaches, the board members".

She also blames Tredrea "that's why we saw what we did on the weekend".

It's Tredrea's fault that a 57-year-old man is crying.

Jesus.
What did we see in the weekend? 2 shit teams both trying to lose.. and some career loser having a tear cos we somehow won by 2 points 🙄

Personally, I’d like to thank Gerard Whateley for his pompous, grandstanding, condescending display tonight.

He’s only fuelled the fire even more and ensured Port supporters will maintain the rage at Adelaide Oval this Saturday.

If the team performs, great. If not….well then they better be ready.

If the truth is that Ken is finishing this year, why would these media entities be going in to vigorously bat for him as they are.

Ken finishing his current contract next year is definitely on the cards.
I thought there's no way you can survive a PF thrashing and then go 0-5 and survive but he's done that and got an extension since.
I'll believe he's going only when he's actually gone

I agree that a better coach and system could potentially get more out of the current list, I'm just disputing the general vibe from some on this board that the list is packed with stars on every line and the only thing standing between it and the premiership cup is Ken Hinkley. Definitely could've argued that a few years back but not now.
I think most now aren't arguing that we would immediately be in premiership contention without Hinkley, but rather that if we keep Hinkley on any chance of a premiership window disappears. We already wasted the careers of Ebert, Gray, Hayes, Westhoff, Wingard... and are not too far off wasting the careers of Wines, Boak and AA. If we don't move now we can add Rozee to that list.

We just need change and hope first, then we can look at the list. Right now anyone has a bad game its just "well coaching is shit so who knows". Give me a good gameplan, good preparation, accountability, and good gameday coaching, and then we can look at who stands up and who doesn't. Its only then that any of us can gauge how far off our list actually is.

Kane reckons norf is closer to a flag than us. I hope thats not the thought inside the club.

North are basically positioned like GWS in the early days at the moment, except with a legendary coach.

Another year of top picks to come too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back