Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staggering that a supporter who sat through that live still isn't willing to breach decorum in pursuit of getting the same Port coach sacked 5 years and 0 grand finals later.

That completed a 5th consecutive season without a finals win despite having sold the farm for several ready made stars over that period of time.
The denial phase in his 7 stages of grief has been longer than most.
I suspect it’s also hard to hate on a club he holds so close to his heart.
He’s certainly not a happy clapper

If Ken was golf he’d be leaving a putt short every single time, never giving it a real chance.
Such a good analogy.

You play it safe, you likely are gonna achieve par, and can be happy with it if thats your goal.

But when the only goal is to win, and 10 odd clubs are trying to nail it in one putt, one will always make it.

Thomas is back in a mainstream forum for the first time in years.

Micro-dick Kane will want to talk about St Kilda but hopefully Thomas and King use the forum to discuss loser Ken.

View attachment 2038758

actress-cecily-strong-confused-saying-well-q42dpwc7esjepc7r.gif

Ty Lue joined the Cleveland Cavaliers midseason in 2015/16

There have been a few in the NHL recently, the 2012 LA Kings and the 2016 Pittsburgh Penguins both won titles after sacking coaches midseason.

The 2003 Florida Marlins are an example from Major League Baseball.

In soccer (where they admittedly have more things to win) Roberto Di Matteo took over midseason as Chelsea manager in 2012/13 and won the FA Cup and Champions League titles. They were too far back in the league, but if the Premier League had a finals system, who knows?
"Careful what you wish for Port fans!"

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Grant Thomas is a chad. that old podcast where him and Sam Newman would openly talk about AFL corruption and Mike Sheahan would be audibly shitting himself was absolute gold.

Here's Gerard backing up his comments from last week:

1720136862689.png

Other notables: Jon Ralph, Andrew Capel, Jordan Lewis, Sarah Jones and Mark Robinson. All Bulldogs.

Here's Gerard backing up his comments from last week:

View attachment 2038908

Other notables: Jon Ralph, Andrew Capel, Jordan Lewis, Sarah Jones and Mark Robinson. All Bulldogs.

Kernny is da best man for dem and should be coach forever and they shouldn't be mean and it's totally cool that they're supposed to be in a premiership window but instead are playing like a bottom 6 side who'll miss finals. Totally cool and normal and you're ungrateful to think otherwise.

Bizarro.

Ty Lue joined the Cleveland Cavaliers midseason in 2015/16

There have been a few in the NHL recently, the 2012 LA Kings and the 2016 Pittsburgh Penguins both won titles after sacking coaches midseason.

The 2003 Florida Marlins are an example from Major League Baseball.

In soccer (where they admittedly have more things to win) Roberto Di Matteo took over midseason as Chelsea manager in 2012/13 and won the FA Cup and Champions League titles. They were too far back in the league, but if the Premier League had a finals system, who knows?
If a new coach comes in, and takes Todd Marshall under his wing and says, "Son - I believe in you: you have my full backing", it'd do wonders for the kid's confidence. Who knows what sort of message the players are receiving at the moment - their confidence appears to be shot, and they desperately need a change of mentor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a good analogy.

You play it safe, you likely are gonna achieve par, and can be happy with it if thats your goal.

But when the only goal is to win, and 10 odd clubs are trying to nail it in one putt, one will always make it.
When I play golf, I write "HINKLEY" on the ball - it gives me extra incentive to hit the ball harder :).

If a new coach comes in, and takes Todd Marshall under his wing and says, "Son - I believe in you: you have my full backing", it'd do wonders for the kid's confidence. Who knows what sort of message the players are receiving at the moment - their confidence appears to be shot, and they desperately need a change of mentor.
Todd Marshall? OUR Todd Marshall?

The Highly paid professional grown man athlete who just needs someone to put their arm around human and whisper compliments into his ear so that he'll decide to go out there and play to his ability- that Todd Marshall?

I'd delist a player just for that under-playing lazy disinterested nonchalant attitude alone

I'll start going back to games when they start playing for the jumper
I don't expect to win every game by any means but I expect effort every game week in week out
They get paid massive money to represent our club
I work hard for my pay checks and I'm not going to travel 4 hours around, pay for fuel, food, merch, parking etc for a half arsed effort

Underrated post.

Not all of us are fortunate enough to live near the city, and make six figures. To see Port not even try is not acceptable. It's as insulting now as it was all those years ago. Members and supporters make an investment into the club each time we renew, buy merchandise, buy tickets - we invest time and money. And we've not seen a return on that investment. It's unacceptable, mediocrity is unacceptable.

Todd Marshall? OUR Todd Marshall?

The Highly paid professional grown man athlete who just needs someone to put their arm around human and whisper compliments into his ear so that he'll decide to go out there and play to his ability- that Todd Marshall?

I'd delist a player just for that under-playing lazy disinterested nonchalant attitude alone
I'd wager it's more likely that all the players ARE getting at the moment is cuddles from daddy. What they MIGHT actually need are some clear expectations and accountability. Nobody likes it, we all like being comfortable and there's GOOD comfortable and there's BAD comfortable. Good comfortable is when you are clear on your expectations, understand the standards required, have the support you need and are meeting those and enjoying your footy. Bad comfortable is, no ramifications, low standards, uninspired, bare minimum effort, satisfied with average, but we're all good mates and that's what matters. I could be wrong, I have no real insight, but the players never stop talking about how much they love the coach and there isn't much talk about what is expected of them, how they fit into a game plan and there's a lack of competitive language and body language coming out of the group.

We know what messages they're receiving publicly from the coach. They're not good. If you're in the SANFL you'll make the side worse if you come in. Every other team is better than us

We know what messages they're receiving publicly from the coach. They're not good. If you're in the SANFL you'll make the side worse if you come in. Every other team is better than us
And how does that help a player's career? Marshall might end up being a dud, but with the right coach guiding him, who knows what he's capable of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back