Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we lose this week it'll be "but nobody expected Port to win so you can't be upset".

We've got a long way to go before we can be like the team outside the 8 and below us on the ladder that we're playing at our home ground where it's really "tOuGh tO wIn"

Kernny is da best man for dem and should be coach forever and they shouldn't be mean and it's totally cool that they're supposed to be in a premiership window but instead are playing like a bottom 6 side who'll miss finals. Totally cool and normal and you're ungrateful to think otherwise.

Bizarro.
This isn't the SANFL anymore Poort flogs. Winning premierships is impossible now. The AFL premiership actually goes unawarded every year because they're so hard to win that nobody has ever actually done it. Stop picking on Hinkley.

"A massive match for Sweet, as well as both clubs and coaches. And it would be nice to see the Port supporters show some class toward their own coach, regardless of the result. Never Tear Us Apart, and all that."

Staggering that a supporter who sat through that live still isn't willing to breach decorum in pursuit of getting the same Port coach sacked 5 years and 0 grand finals later.

That completed a 5th consecutive season without a finals win despite having sold the farm for several ready made stars over that period of time.
You can passionately want a coach sacked, which i do but still not agree with the booing. And i definitely still want to win every game.

Some of you are talking as if you are going to boo even if we are winning, which i think is a bit odd because that will divide the crowd.

I guess the Brisbane game was different because everyone was on the same page by the last quarter and fuming, but i reckon if we are winning on Saturday there will still be plenty of supporters like myself who will be enjoying it.

You can passionately want a coach sacked, which i do but still not agree with the booing. And i definitely still want to win every game.

Some of you are talking as if you are going to boo even if we are winning, which i think is a bit odd because that will divide the crowd.

I guess the Brisbane game was different because everyone was on the same page by the last quarter and fuming, but i reckon if we are winning on Saturday there will still be plenty of supporters like myself who will be enjoying it.
Only boo Ken.

Todd Marshall? OUR Todd Marshall?

The Highly paid professional grown man athlete who just needs someone to put their arm around human and whisper compliments into his ear so that he'll decide to go out there and play to his ability- that Todd Marshall?

I'd delist a player just for that under-playing lazy disinterested nonchalant attitude alone

Yessss the entire team has been phoning it in for most of the season and the entire team shits the bed in big games apart from Todd Marshall who specifically is not susceptible to the coaching issues like the other 40 blokes on the list and is actually just a bad player. Everyone else will benefit from the coaching change we all agree that we're in dire need of apart from Todd Marshall for some reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if Damo knows our crowd is unlikely to listen to him (or listen to him and do the opposite).

It's like they all think why are you booing after one bad loss, shut the fcuk up and show some respect, when it's basically been 7 years of consistently failing when it really matters

Yessss the entire team has been phoning it in for most of the season and the entire team shits the bed in big games apart from Todd Marshall who specifically is not susceptible to the coaching issues like the other 40 blokes on the list and is actually just a bad player. Everyone else will benefit from the coaching change we all agree that we're in dire need of apart from Todd Marshall for some reason.

Come on Scorchy. Everyone can see the issue with Hot Toddy is effort and intent. A new coach won't change that. He is a great size and has lovely skills but just doesn't have the competitive instincts that professional sport demands. You watch Lord play and it's like chalk and cheese. It's not coaching, it's on him.

Look, I don’t understand people's obsession with booing. Who cares if he’s being heckled at? If he can’t stand being heckled at, he shouldn’t be in the job. Ken is lucky that he’s a coach in Australia, where rioting doesn’t happen (for the most part). If Ken were coaching in a country like Italy, Brazil, Argentina, or Spain, just to name a few, there would be riots on the streets, all hell would break loose, and eventually the ultras would take over the club. Poor thing can’t handle a bit of booing. Give me a spell.

Last edited:
Come on Scorchy. Everyone can see the issue with Hot Toddy is effort and intent. A new coach won't change that. He is a great size and has lovely skills but just doesn't have the competitive instincts that professional sport demands. You watch Lord play and it's like chalk and cheese. It's not coaching, it's on him.

While playing in a terrible forward structure for a coach who can't motivate his players. For his entire career.

Still averaging the most goal contributions, marks and marks inside 50 of any of our forwards this season. All despite not having the competitive instincts that professional sport demands, apparently.

How can Damien Barratt not know that his comments are a red rag to a bull?
Does he not know anything about this club?

If that is the case, keep your trap shut princess.
We don't want class, we want premierships.

11+ years, nothing, nada, zippo

The svicophants need to realise we don't value their opinions.

If you aint from Port, your opinion means naught.

Last edited:
Still averaging the most goal contributions, marks and marks inside 50 of any of our forwards this season. All despite not having the competitive instincts that professional sport demands, apparently.

This is a leper with most fingers argument given the competition. His performance level is that of a fringe AFL player, not a guy getting paid $800k per season.

Once Hinkley's gone, the next target of booing should be Koch. He's the most culpable in bringing the club in this situation. If he'd made the difficult decision a while ago, we wouldn't be in this position. If only he'd kept his mouth shut and let Hinkley coach his contract out in 2018, we wouldn't be here. We would have perhaps been one or two premierships to the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back