Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Well to be fair, “Ken letting someone else coach” is sort of what you’ve been hoping for.

And you could consider it a teaser; a preview of a better tomorrow!
Mmm I think there are a fair few of us have gone past wanting to see Hinkley resign and walk off into the sunset with his millions (although it is good that he'd be gone). We are inclined to want to see him in pain and suffering for his one man wrecking ball job on this club.

I'd put my house on Carlton beating us.

I’m guessing they’d be paying $1.30ish - a free 30%!

I wouldn’t risk it, though - they looked pretty damn shaky against GWS. They’re good, but nowhere near invincible.

Anyway, I hope you guys get a new coach soon - it really does seem quite baffling that he’s lasted this long. Right or wrong, if such a large proportion of the fan base can be this offside for this long, something has to give.

I’ll leave you with my favourite Ken quote - presumably uttered after signing an extension back in like, 2018 or something:

IMG_3563.jpeg

GC away - 50/50, yes they are good there, but we also haven't lost to them since 2011.
Richmond home - 90% win.
Carlton away - Certain Loss
Sydney home - 33% chance. Night game Vs top side, likely loss, despite the fact we've won 7 in a row against them.
Melbourne away - 20% chance. Likely loss.
Showdown - 50/50 at best. Crows with nothing to play for and confident against us will be dangerous, only help would be if they are playing for kids with a focus on development.
Freo away - 20% chance. Likely Loss.

At 10 wins now, I think it is reasonable to say we could finish anywhere between 11 to 14 wins.

Yes but I only say one win only if Ken stays on till the years end. If Josh or a replacement comes then what I’ve said becomes irrelevant because we should get a bounce and some wins on the board with a fresh voice, well you hope at least.

Excuse the intrusion, sorry about Ken, etc.

The simplest question to ask here is “why don’t you back GC this week, with every cent you have to your name? A free 60% return?”.

The obvious response is “well… there’s a chance we actually win”.

Right… as there is in the other 5 “certain losses”.

Extreme pessimism tends to leave people with a warped sense of probability.

FWIW I think you’ll win between 1 and 5 (most likely 3, maybe 2 or 4, and unlikely but possibly 1 or 5).

It’s not extreme pessimism. It’s reality. It’s what we’ve seen from Ken time after time when the Bunsen burner is up the you know what? A consistent cycle of Ken doing enough to save himself, then we go back to play crap footy, and now mix that with an unfavourable set of fixtures, especially Carlton, Sydney, Melbourne, Showdown, and Freo, back to back to back. How can you look at those fixtures plus Gold Coast this week that haven’t lost at home + Dimma is gonna them going out like a bull in a chinashop, and how can I be optimistic and think yeah, we will beat the Suns in Gold Coast? It’s hard to go to grounds that are fortresses at the moment, like Gold Coast. Essendon, Collingwood, and others have gone up there and lost. It’s just like last year, when coming to the Adelaide Oval, it was a nightmare for the opposition, to the point where four opposition teams won against either us or the Crows at AO for the whole of last season: GWS x2, Collingwood x2, Richmond, and Sydney. So again, how can I be optimistic and think, yeah, we will win against Gold Coast?

Last edited:
GC away - 50/50, yes they are good there, but we also haven't lost to them since 2011.
Richmond home - 90% win.
Carlton away - Certain Loss
Sydney home - 33% chance. Night game Vs top side, likely loss, despite the fact we've won 7 in a row against them.
Melbourne away - 20% chance. Likely loss.
Showdown - 50/50 at best. Crows with nothing to play for and confident against us will be dangerous, only help would be if they are playing for kids with a focus on development.
Freo away - 20% chance. Likely Loss.

At 10 wins now, I think it is reasonable to say we could finish anywhere between 11 to 14 wins.

Exactly mate, those percentages don’t look good but a true reflection of what things are atm and Saturday afternoon win but mostly performance papers over the cracks of how bad our performance have been. It’s seem some people on here and the happy clappers forget the performances of Carlton, GWS, St Kilda, Collingwood, Hawthorn and the Showdown.

If anything with this run will probably highlight the obvious again and FINALLY they sack him.

Yxs9e6U.png
dLgXsOW.png

"SACK SACK"

I think the core of all of this is it doesnt *ing matter what we do between now and the end of the season because make finals or not, we aint winning * all.

The only thing we have to believe in is that keninly will be put in his own annihilator if he misses finals.
Yep this season was always down the toilet. All the last two weeks has really done is likely put 2025 down the toilet too.

And given that we've sold out our future for magic beans, and many of our players will be over the hill in 2026, it probably sets us back 3-5 years rather than 1-2. More if Butters does go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was half listening to the game yesterday and turned off at half time.

There just seems to be an irrevocable hopelessness and despair throughout the majority of the fanbase and possibly playing group.

Listening to the call by Tredders and Timmy G, we seemed to be playing some nice football but it didn't really come across in their broadcast. They were a tad flat. And the thing is, we owe the Bulldogs some pain from the 2021 PF. It should have felt pretty good to beat them.

The players, the fans, the media know the beats and rhythm of the team. There are no surprises anymore. The simple joy of playing for the jumper and the club has finished. The fans are meant to follow a coach who is the very antithesis of the Creed and the players are asked to play and love that idol, Ken Hinkley.

If we never win a premiership under Ken Hinkley, it is not going to really bother me. I understand that you play for the coach but there comes a time when you have to understand enough is enough. Now, the players have hitched their wagons to Kenny, fair enough, but I've gone from being frustrated by it all to 'you get what you deserve' and having a bit of a laugh at their expense.

We are a complete and utter clown show, a poorly run franchise that doesn't care about winning. I honestly thought I would never say any of that especially the last part.

Listen, if you don't care about winning, why should the fans and why should I?
Kevin Sheedy was Essendon coach for 27 years, but here's the kicker - the Bombers actually won 4 flags in that time. If Ken hits 20 years at Alberton, I doubt many of us will still be watching Port play, because there's now a sense of inevitability that this fraud will never guide us to a grand final.

I was half listening to the game yesterday and turned off at half time.

There just seems to be an irrevocable hopelessness and despair throughout the majority of the fanbase and possibly playing group.

Listening to the call by Tredders and Timmy G, we seemed to be playing some nice football but it didn't really come across in their broadcast. They were a tad flat. And the thing is, we owe the Bulldogs some pain from the 2021 PF. It should have felt pretty good to beat them.

The players, the fans, the media know the beats and rhythm of the team. There are no surprises anymore. The simple joy of playing for the jumper and the club has finished. The fans are meant to follow a coach who is the very antithesis of the Creed and the players are asked to play and love that idol, Ken Hinkley.

Remember in 2014 when we ran that decibel meter on the crowd because we were undoubtedly the loudest, most raucous crowd in the league?

If you did that now we'd probably come 3rd last, only ahead of the expansion sides. The crowds are just insanely flat. It takes either umpiring or a particularly special moment in a big game for us to raise above a golf clap. There are barely any chants. The celebration is always muted. Koch did this to us.

After the weekend, I think he lasts the season now.

As for what happens after that, I think it depends on this weekend's game. Win it and I reckon we'll jag at least one more (on top of the Richmond game). Lose and I can see a big slide and us missing the 8. Surely he won't survive a crash and burn like that.

Remember in 2014 when we ran that decibel meter on the crowd because we were undoubtedly the loudest, most raucous crowd in the league?

If you did that now we'd probably come 3rd last, only ahead of the expansion sides. The crowds are just insanely flat. It takes either umpiring or a particularly special moment in a big game for us to raise above a golf clap. There are barely any chants. The celebration is always muted. Koch did this to us.

It's because the passionate supporters aren't there.
This is the crowd they wanted.
Our crowd are made up of predominantly 'Stepford Wives'.

Kevin Sheedy was Essendon coach for 27 years, but here's the kicker - the Bombers actually won 4 flags in that time. If Ken hits 20 years at Alberton, I doubt many of us will still be watching Port play, because there's now a sense of inevitability that this fraud will never guide us to a grand final.

And the thing about Sheedy is, the longest period he went without a Grand Final appearance at Windy Hill was 6 seasons.

The longest without a flag? 7 seasons.

Even he was dispensed with at the end of 2007, still ‘only’ 59, with all those credits in the bank, having failed to get Essendon back to the summit in what used to be considered a reasonable length of time.

Kenny boy over here? Ehhh just let him trundle on forever without a clearly-defined redline objective, because “Port Power aren’t Port Magpies”, or some sh¡t.

How could they suggest such thing to happen to Simmo, he deserves the full support of supporters after what he's been through with a poor list and a bad run recently. Poor Simmo just saved a child from a burning house and should be shown more respect.

/Sarcasm - but where's that level of tugging in the media for Adam Simpson?

Carn Simmo is in his 11th season and only has two grand final appearances and one flag to show for it. For a club like Wet Toast that's sackable.

“Their fans expect a flag every year! Their song talks about serving up a ‘West Coast Feast’ to wise men from the East. It’s just not realistic at AFL level”

— Things you won’t hear
in the coming days​

The only time I have yelled or got off my feet this year was when DBJ kicked the goal right in front of me.

I can't recall another instance of the crowd getting up in my section this year. It might have happened but nothing springs to mind. I spend half the game on my phone these days. We play boring football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back