Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Why isn't Caro declaring herself as a fan of Simpson?

Why isn't Kane calling the WC playing group and supporter base fickle for wanting change?

Why aren't they both questioning who else are WC going to get as coach?

So WC supporters can be excused for wanting change because Simpson isn't charismatic enough, isn't hugging players and has actually won a premiership.

Such a pathetic industry.
Caro did blurt out some previous WC players as "top candidates". Imbecile.

I'm indifferent to Scoop but at least he chipped in with 'shouldn't it be the best candidate available?'

I'm done with this club completely if this happens.

Could this be anymore Ken.

The guy averaged 3 touches a game before he was dropped and took someone out.

****ing hell make him prove himself!?

View attachment 2043280
100% happening. Chadbro has already wheeled out the 'there are no houses left in Alberton because they've all be trained down' schtick this week.

He's said this for years. Anything new?
He seems to think we should be satisfied with 2 final wins in 11 years
When we eventually move on from Hinkley, I'd love to see Port have an extraordinary first year under the new coach, to prove to the Three Stooges (Cornes, Whateley and Wilson) among others that we should have got rid of him sooner. Then again, the media will more than likely credit Ken for doing all the groundwork.

Somebody needs to raise this with the media. Do you think any of the people who booed, the people that bought season tickets, people who bought memberships or match day tickets
.. people who bought Port Adelaide Merch and spend hard earned dollars during a cost of living crisis, don't want to see the Port Adelaide Football Club succeed? They have more skin in the game than anyone else commenting on the matter bar those currently at the club. So **** off with your judgement and telling how they shouldn't do this or that. That performance in isolation, on that day, just about justifies the booing on its own, let alone all the rest. These media w***ers who get paid to watch every game and earn a living hanging on every word a coach or player utters are completely divorced from the reality of everyday supporters, it's a joke.
Seriously good teams don't have a 127 point differential (79 point loss v 48 point win) within 2 weeks of each other. Our best is good, but our worst is beyond bad - nobody can take us seriously until the gap closes considerably.

Morgan Freeman Quote GIF

Is anyone else feeling defeated/given up?

After the debacle against Brisbane, it seemed like there was finally some momentum. There was noise in the media, the crowd literally booed him at the game. It looked like surely, finally, something had to give. There was hope. It looked like this interminable nightmare was finally coming to an end.

And then.. a couple of wins against some also rans and two weeks of the fan base being assaulted in the media and by the club itself. It looks like it's back to square one. The club will be happy to tick off on "making finals" as an acceptable outcome for the year, which we'll probably do as there are so many ordinary teams. They'll sweep it all under the rug and roll over again to next year. We get in the top 4 at any stage and there will be a push to lock in king Kenny.

I just don't care as much anymore. The club no longer resembles anything I remember from the 90s and 2000s. There's nothing to support. We have some good young players, sure. But the club doesn't care about supporters. There's not even a token effort. They don't want anyone who holds them to account. Personalities like Koch, Richardson, and Davies are extremely abrasive. Why should I support these muppets?

Wasting a few hours of a weekend watching us go nowhere has lost its appeal. There's no reason to watch the rest of the season and zero reason to get invested in the next with donuts and co in charge.

Morgan Freeman Quote GIF

After the debacle against Brisbane, it seemed like there was finally some momentum. There was noise in the media, the crowd literally booed him at the game. It looked like surely, finally, something had to give. There was hope. It looked like this interminable nightmare was finally coming to an end.

And then.. a couple of wins against some also rans and two weeks of the fan base being assaulted in the media and by the club itself. It looks like it's back to square one. The club will be happy to tick off on "making finals" as an acceptable outcome for the year, which we'll probably do as there are so many ordinary teams. They'll sweep it all under the rug and roll over again to next year. We get in the top 4 at any stage and there will be a push to lock in king Kenny.

I just don't care as much anymore. The club no longer resembles anything I remember from the 90s and 2000s. There's nothing to support. We have some good young players, sure. But the club doesn't care about supporters. There's not even a token effort. They don't want anyone who holds them to account. Personalities like Koch, Richardson, and Davies are extremely abrasive. Why should I support these muppets?

Wasting a few hours of a weekend watching us go nowhere has lost its appeal. There's no reason to watch the rest of the season and zero reason to get invested in the next with donuts and co in charge.

I'm confident that Josh Carr will be coach come round 1 next year. I'm also confident that it's his intention to reset the club culture to be more in line with the pre-Hinkley Port Adelaide. Watch this space.

Morgan Freeman Quote GIF

I warned you not to get excited. The Brisbane game changed nothing.

Morgan Freeman Quote GIF

Why couldn’t Sydney trip over their own dicks in that game we narrowly lost up there in 2014, like they did in the Untenable Bowl last year?

Why did we blow the Western Bulldogs off the park on Saturday, in what was a 50/50 game at best, but let them blow us off the park in a Prelim when they’d just flown in under armed guard via Christmas Island?

And we’re universally derided as ungrateful pieces of sh¡ts for wanting this emotionally-unstable potato gone? Good lord.

Morgan Freeman Quote GIF

Welcome to my 2021. You’ll find it liberating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember in 2014 when we ran that decibel meter on the crowd because we were undoubtedly the loudest, most raucous crowd in the league?

If you did that now we'd probably come 3rd last, only ahead of the expansion sides. The crowds are just insanely flat. It takes either umpiring or a particularly special moment in a big game for us to raise above a golf clap. There are barely any chants. The celebration is always muted. Koch did this to us.
100%. We're absolutely as silent as the old Crows crowds we used to shit can.

AFL media sharpening the axe and holding Simpson's head on the block for the crimes of winning one flag in 10 years and having one of the worst lists in years at 16th.

Who else are they going to get?

Morgan Freeman Quote GIF

Honestly Im just waiting on AFLW to start. Completely out of ****s to give on the mens side.

Barely watched any football in ages. Got a brief bit of excitement at the Brisbane game, but as usual we have reverted back to accepting mediocrity as soon as we could.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back