Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what my simple mind doesn't understand. All these "reporters" claim that Kuddly Kenny is the best thing that ever happened to us, and us fans are feral for questioning the Club's wisdom in persisting with him. The same group of reporters now tells us we're the 12th best team in an 18 team competition, after a minor round 3rd last year and alleged improvements in key positions.

Do these people ever listen to themselves? Why do they think fans might be upset??
12th despite Ken having the best ever list at his disposal - imagine where we'd finish with a less talented list :).

One thing about Hinkley that kills me is how much he manifests the reality of opposition sides beating us in a certain space.

He said it pre game and banged on about it post game, how good GCs intercept markers are and were. You could clearly see how much that was in our players heads and how much our ball movement going forward was just disgraceful, errors and poor decisions all over the place as we got to that last kick and basically played straight into their hands.

We do this all the time. We go in with this paranoia about the oppositions strengths and we manifest it into occurring. We are so friggin mentally weak and so poorly coached, that rather than thinking about how they'll need to stop us, we think about how we have to avoid their stopping of us. It's a completely wrong mentality, and realistically is probably highlighted by the fact we basically play 3 defensive forwards every week. I mean who else in the comp stacks their forward line full of players, playing defensive roles. It's ridiculous.

It's over. We had to win vs Gold Coast to keep ourselves alive and we f'd it up.

Go look at the draw or play around with the ladder predictor. We are stuffed.
Nuh I've got us being spanked by Richmond.

Sacking Hinkley.

Carr giving the players freedom and us going on a 10 game winning streak to pinch the flag.

Interesting when I autofilled the ladder predictor on the AFL site, the only win they gave us for the rest of the year was the Showdown.

I get that the club can't just throw in the towel, they have sponsors and they still want people to go to games, but Blind Freddy can see that without a massive turnaround it ain't happening this year.

Still a few more weeks though before it becomes mathematically impossible and the club start resting players, discussing farewell games and the like.

And in the meantime, people who shovel their hard-earned at this club are in the can that gets kicked along the road.

One thing about Hinkley that kills me is how much he manifests the reality of opposition sides beating us in a certain space.

He said it pre game and banged on about it post game, how good GCs intercept markers are and were. You could clearly see how much that was in our players heads and how much our ball movement going forward was just disgraceful, errors and poor decisions all over the place as we got to that last kick and basically played straight into their hands.

We do this all the time. We go in with this paranoia about the oppositions strengths and we manifest it into occurring. We are so friggin mentally weak and so poorly coached, that rather than thinking about how they'll need to stop us, we think about how we have to avoid their stopping of us. It's a completely wrong mentality, and realistically is probably highlighted by the fact we basically play 3 defensive forwards every week. I mean who else in the comp stacks their forward line full of players, playing defensive roles. It's ridiculous.
It goes on though, I mean, by saying "oh it's a tough comp", you're manifesting an acceptance of loss and mediocrity.

There's just so much he does and says, that is absolutely from the lens of a realist. I totally appreciate that line of thinking, but it is NOT the line of thinking that a coach should be portraying to his team.

I get that the club can't just throw in the towel, they have sponsors and they still want people to go to games, but Blind Freddy can see that without a massive turnaround it ain't happening this year.

Still a few more weeks though before it becomes mathematically impossible and the club start resting players, discussing farewell games and the like.
Probably won't be mathematically over until after the Showdown. Which is infuriating.

It's over. We had to win vs Gold Coast to keep ourselves alive and we f'd it up.

Go look at the draw or play around with the ladder predictor. We are stuffed.
I've got us winning this week but still falling to 10th lol. We're up against it big time.

It goes on though, I mean, by saying "oh it's a tough comp", you're manifesting an acceptance of loss and mediocrity.

There's just so much he does and says, that is absolutely from the lens of a realist. I totally appreciate that line of thinking, but it is NOT the line of thinking that a coach should be portraying to his team.

Before the Showdown when he said ‘history tells us you have to be at your absolute best to get a result from these games [while risking Rozee on a 6-day hammy]’.

You can literally see our poor cherubs filling their dacks with self-doubt the instant they realise they’re most certainly not ‘bringing their best’.

By my reckoning, if we beat Richmond then it's still mathematically possible until the round against Freo the week after.

But yeh, lose the Showdown and the club will go quiet.

View attachment 2049895

Looked into this a bit further, and we would have to beat Richmond, Melbourne, Adelaide and Freo to make the eight.
That accounts for losing to Sydney and Carlton.

Assuming Port beat Richmond, Melbourne is the elimination final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely playing finals isn't enough. 3 wins out of 6 from here can get us finals. I would've thought we'd need to make a GF at least, which isn't happening.

Assuming we miss, which seems most likely, that brings daddy shitnuts record to finals 6/12 times, with 2 finals wins in a decade.

You could call that mediocre at best. Finals is an incredibly low bar to clear when almost half the teams get there every year.

With the utmost respect the mods should ban you if the we miss finals and don't sack Hinkley.

If they don't sack him, it will mean one of two things:
1) they go on a deep finals run
2) they deviate from their current plan

This sounds promising.

Only concern, is there anything he can do to save himself now?

I'd imagine going on a finals run would save him. But you only need to look at the schedule to realise that ain't happening. Port haven't won a knockout final under Hinkley since 2014. Not expecting that trend to suddenly change.

i still think we play finals, lose the elimination final and part ways with Hinkley.
dream sleeping GIF

Do you think that he is saying .....don't do this, but then doesn't offer up any viable alternatives because to me in the first half it was back to if in doubt bomb it to Dixon. At half time we seemed to look more for lead ups but there was + 1 defender and Dixon and Lord appear not to be able to do lead up very well and Finlayson was sometimes in the ruck, sometimes back, sometimes anonymous

The fact that going on a deep finals run could save him, to me means that's virtually the most likely scenario, because daddy and his boys always do just enough to keep his job.

The realist in me says he's gone once its mathematically impossible and the club moves on the back of mass supporter dissatisfaction.

The optimist says we lose to Richmond on the back of the loudest boos yet, and the club moves.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

i still think we play finals, lose the elimination final and part ways with Hinkley.

If we make the eight there’s no way they’ve got the croutons to do that, regardless of what the ultimate outcome is.

At most we might get a Parkin-Brittain situation where Hinkley is coach in name only while Carr does everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back