Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what we said last year. Til it turned out that he actually would still be at the club.
This is the problem.

There have been times where it's felt like he was even closer to being sacked over the past 5 years than he is this week - sometimes even without a contract for the next season.

Yet it never happens. I won't believe it until he's fake crying into his Pepsi Max as it's announced at the press conference.

That is one of the poorest displays I've seen from a coach in a press conference in recent memory. If the media wonder why we don't perform in finals under Hinkley that should be classed as exhibit A. The pressure gets to him every time, and today, it seems that it finally broke him.

That's deplorable from Hinkley today in my opinion. Especially when compared to Chris Scott last week. Scott oozed confidence and his team played accordingly. We have this bumbling idiot who is clearly rattled by pressure and the moment ahead.

Tomorrow night could get ugly if that performance rubs off on the players which judging on past performances is every chance of happening.

I've had a few people say to me "You can't replace Ken with an untried AFL Senior Coach" Which makes no sense at all. But they are also unable to process my response that Ken himself was untried AFL Senior Coach when Port hired him.

Every coach is an untried senior coach at some point.

Who was the last previously experienced senior coach to win a flag? Mick maltshake?

Did you actually think he was getting sacked last year after that finals debacle?
I Hope Friendship GIF by Hallmark Channel

I've had a few people say to me "You can't replace Ken with an untried AFL Senior Coach" Which makes no sense at all. But they are also unable to process my response that Ken himself was untried AFL Senior Coach when Port hired him.

After seeing what Craig McRae achieved in just his second year, how thick can these people be!? That could be Adam Kingsley in just a couple of weeks, and Sam Mitchell could be the one to end Hinkley's career tomorrow night and he had the shoes of a 4x premiership coach to fill!

I'll never know how these human beings function in everyday life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you actually think he was getting sacked last year after that finals debacle?
I have thought he was going to get sacked multiple times.

Just like I keep believing that maybe this final will be different.

I'm a sucker like that.

And yet I still get gaslit for "not being a real supporter".

Yeah, since his last press conference.
This one is different. In a lot of ways.

Someone else posted it, but what type of coach challenges the club's board the day before a final? He could have said I'm not answering that question we have a big game to focus on and quickly moved on. Instead, he goes the other way and makes a mess of it. You can hear the Victorian media preparing their defence of him for tomorrow morning's press already. That looks to be by design on his part. No one will convince me otherwise.

This was his worst performance in a presser for some time. He has a huge catalogue of choices to choose from but today takes the cake for me.

This is an absolutely absurd suggestion nor reflecting reality. Hit them with this statistic - in recent history, the last 20 years, every premiership has been won by a first-time coach (except 2010 with Malthouse). And it usually happens relatively early in their tenure

All of that history shows you that a premiership run is more probable when you get the next best assistant, with an innovative idea/gameplan that they have been working on, ready to unleash for competitive advantage

It’s the “who ya gonna get” crowd that actually don’t have an argument

How does the media continue to kiss Hinkley's arse when he treats them like dirt in the pressers? Pathetic.

Because there sa journos, the vic media he kisses them and sends them gift packs every off season

This one is different. In a lot of ways.

Someone else posted it, but what type of coach challenges the club's board the day before a final? He could have said I'm not answering that question we have a big game to focus on and quickly moved on. Instead, he goes the other way and makes a mess of it. You can hear the Victorian media preparing their defence of him for tomorrow morning's press already. That looks to be by design on his part. No one will convince me otherwise.

This was his worst performance in a presser for some time. He has a huge catalogue of choices to choose from but today takes the cake for me.
I was agreeing with you, and adding to it.

How does the media continue to kiss Hinkley's arse when he treats them like dirt in the pressers? Pathetic.

Look i get we are all frustrated with KH but this is just not true, Hinkley has historically been too nice in pressers. I haven't listened to the latest presser though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back