Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally every person who still supports Hinkley several years ago said something along the lines of "if he doesn't make the Grand Final next year he'd have to go" and then just abandon that opinion when the club doesn't sack him.
Tbf, that was before he told everyone he still wants the job. Can't sack him now.

That overemphatic exalting of Josh Carr as the next coach sometime in the future sounded like a sales pitch to other clubs to take the threat away from himself. Well, I'd like to think it was.

Last edited:

Tbf, that was before he told everyone he still wants the job. Can't sack him now.
Don't forget that he is doing his best. That alone gives him immunity from being held to account let alone sacked.

1721176308695.png

The bigger picture optimism had worn thin when we blew a 2nd season in a row in 2016. Literally every person who still supports Hinkley several years ago said something along the lines of "if he doesn't make the Grand Final next year he'd have to go" and then just abandon that opinion when the club doesn't sack him.

You_Doodle+_2024-07-17T01_16_37Z.jpeg

It is absolutely staggering what we've had to go through. Ridiculous. Any sort of "coach A vs coach B" analysis loses in terms of club v club, because even genuinely bad coaches get moved on within a few years.

Yep. I would be ready to fire a coach that had arrived in 2018 and did what Hinkley have done since then.

Like clockwork the media pushing the narrative of blaming the players

Malcolm Blight’s simple advice for Port Adelaide midfielder, Jason Horne-Francis.

📻 SEN SA 1629

View attachment 2050511
You and your soft as sh*t HBF can * off. Jeepers, this pile on to JHF is all Hinkley's fault. Back your players you moron.

Last edited:
It is absolutely staggering what we've had to go through. Ridiculous. Any sort of "coach A vs coach B" analysis loses in terms of club v club, because even genuinely bad coaches get moved on within a few years.
Plus the facade about him allegedly being the greatest Port coach in our AFL history. Of course, this is only true until a rival club is searching for a new coach - it's interesting that nobody ever gives Ken a call. He's a wonderful coach, as long as he stays at Alberton.

Plus the facade about him allegedly being the greatest Port coach in our AFL history. Of course, this is only true until a rival club is searching for a new coach - it's interesting that nobody ever gives Ken a call. He's a wonderful coach, as long as he stays at Alberton.
I got downvoted on Reddit when I posted in the "Who's the worst coach for your club ever?" thread.

I wrote "Ken Hinkley, he is the longest coach without a premiership in the clubs 154 year history."

I got downvoted on Reddit when I posted in the "Who's the worst coach for your club ever?" thread.

I wrote "Ken Hinkley, he is the longest coach without a premiership in the clubs 154 year history."
Yeah but you've forgotten about the evil Matthew Primus. DON'T YOU REMEMBER 2011???????

The idea of Hinkley being even in the same universe as Williams is so disrespectful to Choco's legacy it shouldn't even be said. Absolutely disgusting to even consider a comparison between the two.

The closest modern comparison for Hinkley is Primus but even then we never got to see what Matty was capable of post-AO and with a decent list. I'll bet he wouldn't have gone 12 years without a GF appearance though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JOSH CARR: With West Coast creating the first coaching vacancy, Port Adelaide assistant coach Josh Carr will be seen as a candidate.

"It is really clear in my mind that Josh will be an outstanding coach," Hinkley said. "I would love that to be at Port Adelaide. If Josh has something he wants to pursue (elsewhere) I would be very supportive of Josh."

Right now I am sure you would want Carr elsewhere you selfish prick.

Last edited:
The idea of Hinkley being even in the same universe as Williams is so disrespectful to Choco's legacy it shouldn't even be said. Absolutely disgusting to even consider a comparison between the two.

The closest modern comparison for Hinkley is Primus but even then we never got to see what Matty was capable of post-AO and with a decent list. I'll bet he wouldn't have gone 12 years without a GF appearance though.
At least Primus was a Port person, unlike this muppet. Given the calibre of the players at our disposal now, I'd be happy to see what Matty could do with them. One thing is certain - you wouldn't see him laughing/grinning after a loss!!!

Say what you like about primus but he was doing the Lord's work in trying to rid the club of the brothers Cornes.

JOSH CARR: With West Coast creating the first coaching vacancy, Port Adelaide assistant coach Josh Carr will be seen as a candidate.

"It is really clear in my mind that Josh will be an outstanding coach," Hinkley said. "I would love that to be at Port Adelaide. If Josh has something he wants to pursue (elsewhere) I would be very supportive of Josh."

Right now I am sure you would want Carr elsewhere you selfish prick.

Why is anyone asking this dead man walking loser anything? His opinion doesn't matter. He'll be gone in a few weeks

The retconning of Primus as good, actually is ridiculous cope. He was a great man of integrity, but not up to it as a coach. To his eternal credit, he had some self-awareness, unlike his successor.
He probably was out of his depth however there's a fair reason for some reflection, he was willing to make hard calls (The Cornes' problem) all while trying to navigate young blood into a club on it's knees with a football department running on the smell of an oily rag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back