Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Matthew Primus and how a genuine club man who inherited one of the worst lists in the history of the game and a football dept with a budget smaller than a corner deli in the boondocks was crapped on, can anyone else remember that televised segment that was shown live during the qtr time break from a game at the MCG when he was coach which showed chadbro (who was an emergency) doing weight lifting and other completely un-necessary poseur shit?

It was an absolute wankfest and obviously a set up designed to make Primus look bad for not selecting Cornes, and whether he as a disgruntled player organised it on his own or had help from someone with authority at the club it was amateur hour BS that should have never been allowed to happen.
At the risk of being called an old campaigner (again ;)) anyone who tried that shit under Bob McLean or Fos would have been goneski on the spot, but no-one would have even considered doing something like that back when we were the real Port Adelaide!

Seems like getting Selwood has been the only useful thing Hinkley has done in the last 8 years for the club.

Hopefully Hinkley can get Joel a mentor, assistance role in a more fuller capacity at the club before he leaves.

But the quote about players not knowing each other's game is absolutely ridiculous. What the hell is happening at the club.

Seems like getting Selwood has been the only useful thing Hinkley has done in the last 8 years for the club.

Hopefully Hinkley can get Joel a mentor, assistance role in a more fuller capacity at the club before he leaves.

But the quote about players not knowing each other's game is absolutely ridiculous. What the hell is happening at the club.
I'd be getting Luke Hodge not Selwood. Campaigner and winner. He was the only one who has supported JHF in the media. Understands a winner's attitude can sometimes boil over.
Anyone that thinks highly of Hinkley is an idiot and should be ignored forthwith.

This is the first time we've really seen frustration of this sort bubbling from players. They've always presented a united front and it's never really gotten any media attention. Where there's smoke there's fire, they can say whatever they want about how much they love Ken in the media, their behavior is telling otherwise.

Count how many players that Choco coached that have gone on to make careers as senior or assistant coaches at other clubs.

I would be amazed if Kenny's legacy produces a tenth.
Carn mate. Sutcliffe, Lobbe and Hartlett are already highly sought after assistants

This is the first time we've really seen frustration of this sort bubbling from players. They've always presented a united front and it's never really gotten any media attention. Where there's smoke there's fire, they can say whatever they want about how much they love Ken in the media, their behavior is telling otherwise.
No player is ever going to say anything negative about the coach publicly, but I'd be surprised if there's no private dissension in the ranks. Maybe the rumours about Houston are proof.

That comment did make my ears prick up. Went under the radar that Selwood was there talking to a group of players and I don't mind them getting a recently retired player in with an illustrious record of premierships, leadership and a hard edge.

He may well have inspired some of the flag flying we saw early from the players before Lord Ken put a stop to that nonsense.

That's enough of that boys, think of my reputation as a good bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's pleasing to see the club bringing in outside hard-nosed leadership after Hinkley has spent a decade coaching that out of us.

I was quite jealous when Brisbane recruited Hodge for that couple of seasons, he's exactly what our list needed. But as usual, the most important thing is removing the coach who doesn't value good leadership because good leadership is centred around accountability.

Zak and JHF will be 2 of the best leaders in the league under a coach who actually utilises and fosters their passion.

Neither Rozee or Butters are natural leaders. We have put them into leadership roles and are now trying to turn them into leaders. Unsurprisingly, it's been a bad start. Bringing someone like Selwood in as a mentor can probably be seen as an admission that things haven't quite worked and there's a lot of development to do there. I don't mind it but it once again flies in the face of the best list ever/we're going to win the flag/trade all our picks/3 premierships in 5 years/an era of unparalleled success rhetoric.

Neither Rozee or Butters are natural leaders. We have put them into leadership roles and are now trying to turn them into leaders. Unsurprisingly, it's been a bad start. Bringing someone like Selwood in as a mentor can probably be seen as an admission that things haven't quite worked and there's a lot of development to do there. I don't mind it but it once again flies in the face of the best list ever/we're going to win the flag/trade all our picks/3 premierships in 5 years/an era of unparalleled success rhetoric.
Send em to Wohoo

Send em to Wohoo

images

Despite that, they were still the best options at Captain and VC because of the total vacuum of leadership at the club under Hinkley. It's laughable. It's another one of those things where it's not just luck. Hinkley has specifically recruited and fostered yes-men who don't like accountability either.

The closest thing we've had to a leader in the past decade, 2013/14 era Travis Boak, had already been lost by 2016 when he had a big cry about Kochie demanding better from the playing group.

We're a loser club from top to bottom, and it's by design from the football dept with the board too dumb and weak to act.

Should we expect any more from a bloke that never tasted success at AFL level as player or coach and never will.

What makes us look at him in a bad way is the fact that he never walked away in 2017, he put himself before the club, players and supporters.

He will get what he deserves, it's coming this time.
You brought this on yourself Ken, the pressure, the croc tears, the booing and now the hatred, not only has your selfishness put you under the pump, this is not good for your family either but it's all about you hey Ken, selfishness 101.

If the players adored Ken so much and hang off his every word, why did JHF play up and then not respond to Kens well broadcast chat on the sidelines.

After 12 years the players don't know each other games that well? Really?? Tredders brought this up a month or two ago when he said as a forward line they used to know exactly where player x was gonna put it, what leg player y would kick from etc etc.

Def first time in the time Kens been here that there seems real confusion within the playing group and perhaps some dissent.

Surely in year of failure #12 thats enough to start a fresh.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's pleasing to see the club bringing in outside hard-nosed leadership after Hinkley has spent a decade coaching that out of us.

I was quite jealous when Brisbane recruited Hodge for that couple of seasons, he's exactly what our list needed. But as usual, the most important thing is removing the coach who doesn't value good leadership because good leadership is centred around accountability.

Zak and JHF will be 2 of the best leaders in the league under a coach who actually utilises and fosters their passion.
2004 doesn't happen if we didn't bring in the likes of Choppy and Hardwick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back