Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hinkley is coach for 2025, I will never be a member of this club ever again and will never attend a Port Adelaide AFL match.
This is a Promise and I don't brake promises, a man of my word.
I'm kind of in the same boat, although I wouldn't quite say never again, with regards to attending a Port game. But if Hinkley is still here, I definitely won't be a member, and I doubt I could even stomach watching our games.

Sorry to intrude but heard that there may have been a round table discussion between all parties (koch, Richo, ken, josh, tredders) over a week ago, and ken has agreed to hand over the reins to carr from next year regardless of how this season pans out finals or no finals. Anyone heard such rumours? If True Might explain why tredders sounded quite relaxed on the radio this week when talking after the suns loss
Presumably, Kenny not too impressed?

angry table throw GIF

Sorry to intrude but heard that there may have been a round table discussion between all parties (koch, Richo, ken, josh, tredders) over a week ago, and ken has agreed to hand over the reins to carr from next year regardless of how this season pans out finals or no finals. Anyone heard such rumours? If True Might explain why tredders sounded quite relaxed on the radio this week when talking after the suns loss

If that happened I would have known about it, and nothing of the sort has happened.

I can only speculate as to Warren's mindset, but it seems pretty evident that the wheels are going to fall off the train in the coming weeks once they go through the hellish end of season schedule. And that will no doubt dictate Ken's future.

If that happened I would have known about it, and nothing of the sort has happened.

I can only speculate as to Warren's mindset, but it seems pretty evident that the wheels are going to fall off the train in the coming weeks once they go through the hellish end of season schedule. And that will no doubt dictate Ken's future.
Only passing a rumour I heard, obviously your close to the scene do you think Ken survives? What's the pass mark for him from here, to coach next year?

I would of thought they didn't need that to dictate his future!

Only passing a rumour I heard, obviously your close to the scene do you think Ken survives? What's the pass mark for him from here, to coach next year?
From my point of view, he only gets to coach on days of the week that don't end in Y.

To my knowledge, there isn't a specific "pass mark" that's going to keep Ken. The expectation this year was to contend for a flag - they thought at the start of the year they had all the necessary pieces. Ken was also of this stance - though his position quickly changed mid-year when he started to blame the forward personnel, because you know, that would solve the inability to win a clearance in the 4th quarter of games when it counts, and it would also fix the horrific defensive structures set up by the back 6. I understand his frustrations, but he is so mentally fragile that he needs literally every single thing to go right if he is to win a flag. Imagine how he would have capitulated in 2004 when Primus and Francou were unavailable for the entire year, Josh Carr was out for 6+ weeks with a broken jaw among others on a long injury list that didn't stop that team from steamrolling through to a flag.

This is also a Board who are anal about the optics, which, when it comes to big decision surrounding the footy program, is not a good thing. An educated guess would have me say that Ken is most likely safe if he wins a final.

Given they're not going to make top 4, it means that week 1 of the finals (if Port were to make the top 8) would be an elimination final. They haven't won a knockout final since 2014. So I would put the odds on them getting to week 2 of the finals at around 5%. Hence, I believe there's a 95% chance Ken is gone no later than the end of this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Ken says sure I don’t need that 700k…..

No chance.

So we have to pay Ken out the full amount for next year? He isn’t walking.

I am not aware that a meeting hasn't taken place with that discussion in the past 2 weeks. But I cannot deny that a meeting where Hinkley's future as the only topic of discussion hasn't taken place in the past month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back