Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously. What a curious choice (I’m still agog).

Makes one wonder if Mike Sheehan will come out of mothballs to do a puff piece on Goodwin, and use Brodie Grundy for quotes on the Neeld era.
They eat their own at Port Adelaide.

Our "own" being a mercenary seeking a last pay day and shot at a flag that is now rewriting history to reinforce the ongoing gaslighting campaign.

The sad thing is, the team was shit before Hinkley came, we were in a massive hole. He did bring back exciting, winning football and hope, even belief. He could have finished with a positive legacy.

But he has stayed far too long since it became evident he could only get a team to a certain point and not beyond. Now he's just a meme and those that continue to enable him are in the background of the meme.

The way Rooch yada-yada-ed the 2015-2019 period in that article is hilarious. Beyond parody.

They were wearing Yes We Ken t-shirts as they marched to the MCG for the 2014 prelim and the next minute covid happened and Port won the minor premiership!

The sad thing is, the team was shit before Hinkley came, we were in a massive hole. He did bring back exciting, winning football and hope, even belief. He could have finished with a positive legacy.

But he has stayed far too long since it became evident he could only get a team to a certain point and not beyond. Now he's just a meme and those that continue to enable him are in the background of the meme.
At this point, Bill Murray could be an ideal CEO at Port, because we're living our own version of Groundhog Day.

Terrifyingly it makes it hard to believe that the club is going to part ways with Stinkley when an article like that makes the bloody budget!!! I am placing a lot of hope in Tredrea and Snowdon to rid of this stink.

Realistically, it was only 2013 and 2014 which is not uncommon for a new coach bump given the preceding rebuilding years after an era. The revisionist bullsh*t is exactly that. Hinkley should never have survived 2015-2019.

At this point, Bill Murray could be an ideal CEO at Port, because we're living our own version of Groundhog Day.

You know this is the equivalent of saying Boydman 3 times :D

Realistically, it was only 2013 and 2014 which is not uncommon for a new coach bump given the preceding rebuilding years after an era. The revisionist bullsh*t is exactly that. Hinkley should never have survived 2015-2019.

Those were two good years, we just seemed to do everything right.

But 2017 should have been the end. And yet here we are in 2024.

So Ken be like "Rooch and Rocky have done this bang up job making me popular with the supporters again. I'll just have a fan meet and greet to consolidate my power".

e0MSxPIfZIwIZ56RiTofq8MGc7o=.gif

Those were two good years, we just seemed to do everything right.

But 2017 should have been the end. And yet here we are in 2024.

For all the good, even 2013 (5 wins followed by 5 losses) and 2014 (from 11-2 to 14-8) were rife with foreshadowing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, agree that type of performance in the first two years of a new coach is not uncommon. Look at McRae who took Collingwood from 17th to a 1 pt loss in a prelim in his first year and a premiership in his second. I'll bet my house that when McRae's use by date is eventually up not a single AFL pundit will be screaming "ReMeMbEr 2021!!!!!".

Sorry to intrude but heard that there may have been a round table discussion between all parties (koch, Richo, ken, josh, tredders) over a week ago, and ken has agreed to hand over the reins to carr from next year regardless of how this season pans out finals or no finals. Anyone heard such rumours? If True Might explain why tredders sounded quite relaxed on the radio this week when talking after the suns loss

Sorry to intrude but heard that there may have been a round table discussion between all parties (koch, Richo, ken, josh, tredders) over a week ago, and ken has agreed to hand over the reins to carr from next year regardless of how this season pans out finals or no finals. Anyone heard such rumours? If True Might explain why tredders sounded quite relaxed on the radio this week when talking after the suns loss

I see Ken more as a.......

nra-charlton-heston.gif

Why would Tredders be there and not other board members?

Won't believe unless Cucksissy's attendance is also confirmed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back