Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s a bit like West Coast going from Malthouse to Judge to Worsfold to Simpson.

Yeah you might endure some rough years and maybe even hire the wrong guy along the way, but you keep rolling the dice.

At Port, all it took was 2 reasonably good years (neither of which was a top-4 finish btw) and David Koch and his board of lickspittles decided Hinkley was a premiership coach to give infinite time, resources and patience to until the ‘inevitable’ dynasty happened.

Absolutely nuts.

For no good reason I decided I might wiki Ken Judge, and found this absolute zinger

Following the end of his coaching career, Judge worked for the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) as a sports commentator for ABC Radio Grandstand. In 2009, he apologised for an on-air gaffe when he referred to fellow commentator Jon Dorotich as "bigger than Hitler's last gas bill".[9]

That's a beauty lol

He'd be perfect for where they're at. Give him 3 years to get them competative and mid table then **** him off for someone capable of finishing the job
Hinkley wouldn't have the guts to coach a big franchise like Wet Toast, plus I couldn't imagine Donna would be up for living so far away from Vic and Ken's media defence team.

Last edited:
He'd be perfect for where they're at. Give him 3 years to get them competative and mid table then **** him off for someone capable of finishing the job

46 year old Hinkley with fire in the belly and a desire to prove everyone wrong, would.

Smug, arrogant, 58 year old Hinkley swimming in loot like Scrooge McDuck with a kilo of fried seafood in his belly, notsomuch.

Hinkley wouldn't have the guts to coach a big franchise like Wet Toast, plus I couldn't imagine Donna would be up for living so far away from Vic and Ken's media defence team.
I think the low expectations for West coast over the next few years while they rebuild would be very attractive for Hinkley.

Earn a bag with little scrutiny and then walk away before there are any expectations of success.

Last edited:
I think the low expectations for West coast over the next few years while they revoked would be very attractive for Hinkley.

Earn a bag with little scrutiny and then walk away before there are any expectations of success.

We are the only club he will ever coach, he will leave only if we boot him, and we won't do it unless there's a big change within the club.

We are screwed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the low expectations for West coast over the next few years while they revoked would be very attractive for Hinkley.

You would think but Ken would have to go through an interview and a process to obtain the the job, so that would count him out straight away.

It's probably just more propaganda so Koch can shit the bed as usual and give Ken another extension. Hinkley's manager in full bluff mode.

You would think but Ken would have to go through an interview and a process to obtain the the job, so that would count him out straight away.

It's probably just more propaganda so Koch can shit the bed as usual and give Ken another extension. Hinkley's manager in full bluff mode.

Not necessarily, if they view that they need a rebuilding coach, they could head hunt for him and as I said before The amount of money they can offer is beyond what we can ever offer; hell, the Eagles can offer the Indian Ocean with the amount of reserves they have to him and his client. Perth's lifestyle is similar to that here in Adelaide. He’ll go in with no pressure for a bit. Perfect scenario for all parties.

Kingy praising Freo’s slingshot run-and-gun.

“This [style of play] travels. All the way to the MCG in September”

Hehe those fools. Chuck it in for a decade of turgid forward press before it’s too late!

West Coast aren't dumb enough to get Ken Hinkley in for a few seasons to torpedo the culture and teach their players that winning isn't important before scapegoating and then trashing the value of Harley Reid before his trade to Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back