Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually pathetic considering the club has bent over backwards for not just him, but his family and pissed off supporters, the club culture and history in the process.

The sheer entitlement and victim-complex of it lol.

‘These ungrateful c—ts have made me the longest serving coach in the history of the league, let alone the club, to never qualify for a GF, and have paid me north of $7-8mil in the process! Who’d wanna coach in this sh¡thole, honestly?!’

You're raising a lot of hopes around here Chewy

Hope to God you're not wrong !

I've said there's a 95% chance he's gone at the end of this season. And with the information I have, that number could very well be higher.

If we pay out the full amount, Koch and Davies need to hold hands and skip out the door with him

I'd be shocked if he got anything less than what he was contracted to be paid for in 2025. If West Coast come calling though, Port would most likely be off the books for the majority if not all of that remaining money.

Davies will be gone in time, as will Koch. Koch will be a bigger loss than many realise particularly with regards to off field ventures, but I'll happily see the back of CD.

And the board still wants someone with that attitude in charge of 40+ young elite athletes?

If that's true then they really are derelict in their duty towards the club.

Well that's why he will be gone soon enough - regardless of whether or not he ends up at West Coast.

Ken doesn't have many supporters left at the Club - certainly not in the areas where the decision making is had.

I've said there's a 95% chance he's gone at the end of this season. And with the information I have, that number could very well be higher.

I'd be shocked if he got anything less than what he was contracted to be paid for in 2025. If West Coast come calling though, Port would most likely be off the books for the majority if not all of that remaining money.

Davies will be gone in time, as will Koch. Koch will be a bigger loss than many realise particularly with regards to off field ventures, but I'll happily see the back of CD.

These being what?

Davies will be gone in time, as will Koch. Koch will be a bigger loss than many realise particularly with regards to off field ventures

I actually agree with this from a purely financial/business perspective in isolation, but it’s impossible to quantify the damage he’s done to the club in football and cultural terms.

Name another serious football club in the world that would stand for its Chairman mocking its living GOAT for a football opinion.

Absolutely bonkers.

I've heard in the past that Koch absolutely doesn't rate Ken and there was a period where he 'overpraised' Ken in the media as a backhanded insult to him and his supporters within.

I've heard in the past that Koch absolutely doesn't rate Ken and there was a period where he 'overpraised' Ken in the media as a backhanded insult to him and his supporters within.

It's a little bit sick to think this could be right after 12 years. Who on earth is keeping Ken in a job?

This simply can’t be true. Like surely not? As Scorch has said, there’s no way he’d still be employed and constantly extended too early if this was the case.

fair enough. The only reason I have to hate Koch is his continuous extensions & uptalking of Ken. Aside from that I have 0 clue what his job is, or what he's achieved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a little bit sick to think this could be right after 12 years. Who on earth is keeping Ken in a job?

Idk but I will say post the EF lost to West Coast, I was part of the supporter group where Koch fronted us and he didn't hold back calling out the coaching and effort of that game.

This simply can’t be true. Like surely not? As Scorch has said, there’s no way he’d still be employed and constantly extended too early if this was the case.

Yeah, reeks of cope from someone who despises Karl Stefanovic.

Someone needs to write a book on the board and administrative issues that have led to the last 3 extensions.

A CEO-via-coup who was still referring to us as “Port Power” weeks before he was installed, who handed on to a CEO who had previously decided to part with reality and claim that the PAMFC is the real Port.

A Sydney-based breakfast TV host who refers to the club as “little”, openly mocked our living GOAT, and regularly gets basic facts wrong — “we went out in straight sets in 02/03”, “I have a contract that says the Suns can’t wear red”, “I look at the data, Ken is our most successful AFL coach”.

A long-tenured board member who while a journo, previously blew the whistle on our first AFL bid, plunging the club into existential turmoil and placing its board members at great financial risk of litigation in the process.

A GM who while CEO of Port Natives, voted against the OneClub merger at the first go-round, and then as CEO of the SANFL sent please explain letters to Brian Leys regarding the Magpies and Power working too closely off-field (planning to groom Power assistant coaches at the Magpies, having then-Maggies coach Ken McGregor shadow Power coaches, the Henry Slattery capture).

A head coach who was chief architect of the club’s pound-for-pound three worst defeats of the AFL era: the 2007 Grand Final, the maiden Suns win in 2011, and 9/11 (2021).

With these winners at the helm, it’s hard to believe they may not have the club’s best interests at heart.

There is no possible way that Hinkley will end up at West Coast.
homer simpson GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back