Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More so I realised I was in a toxic relationship, and I needed to move on for my mental health. Funny enough that’s why I left my first wife.
The last time I got a dopamine fix from a Port game was 2021 1st final against Geelong and then two weeks later the “wouldn’t change a thing game”.

But here you are stalking her insta :).

She’ll have you back, but it’ll cost you :).

The positive in this is that it is not overly difficult to change the culture once you weed out Hinkley in particular. The talent is there. Having a coach who is demanding but also believes in them is going to do wonders for this squad.
I reckon it's a generational thing too, mate. Apparently getting mad at poor performances and expressing your disappointment is considered toxic. We're expected to applaud and cheer mediocrity and failure.

I reckon it's a generational thing too, mate. Apparently getting mad at poor performances and expressing your disappointment is considered toxic. We're expected to applaud and cheer mediocrity and failure.

Why do you consider it to be a generational thing? How old do you really think I am? 😂

In Ken's case, his recent extensions have only been for 2 years. I'm not sure that establishing multiple independent reviews in such a relatively short time frame would have been the best course of action.

One thing I would like to see developed within the football department is an overarching set of standards, expectations, rules, ethos, however you want to call it. The senior coach then should be fostering that through the playing squad. It's akin to how football (soccer) clubs are run in Europe - where you've got a sporting director, technical director running the overall program and the manager has evolved over the last 10-15 years to be more of a pure first team coach.

What we're seeing at Port is CD is the sporting director equivalent, but he's essentially a joint ticket with the senior coach (Ken). There needs to be a degree of separation so that in the event you have to change coaches for whatever reason, you should have established enough of a positive culture, ethos etc within the footy program such that it doesn't need to be blown up with every change of coach.
I agree but such a process would, ideally, provide required course-corrections, sensible staff appointments and detailed scrutiny of those at the top, such that you wouldn't need to appoint Ken to repeat 2y contracts. Every 4-5 years, for the sake of putting a timeline on it, would be ideal IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is Marshall bumping uglies with Donuts daughter, or was that just a stupid rumour ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Which one of Daddy Donuts married daughters, both of whom I believe currently live interstate, is Marshall doing the horizontal tango with?

What recruiting zones are they scouting for Port?
They have given (grand) Daddy Donuts grandchildren who will probably be old enough to be employed at Port under the Hinkley Family Employment Scheme before Hinkley is sacked.

Which one of Daddy Donuts married daughters, both of whom I believe currently live interstate, is Marshall doing the horizontal tango with?

They meant Stephen Marshall and by daughter they meant Chadbro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back