Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about that. Hinkley is a pretty good home and away season coach.

You can just never properly trust him to deliver a win against anyone but the competition minnows, and the majority of our better H&A wins of the past umpteen years have been largely unexpected upsets in the “wait, where the f#%k did that come from?!” mould.

In my opinion just getting rid of kick it to Charlie and that ridiculous high line will be worth 2 games. September will be the cream. To be fair you can see some of it disappearing from our game during the past 12 months.

Last edited:

I'm not sure about that. Hinkley is a pretty good home and away season coach.

Where the value in moving on from Hinkley will come from is during September.
Even if a new coach doesn't lead to more wins, it'll hopefully mean a lot of other things:
  • No more throwing players under the bus
  • A return to public acknowledgement of the lifeblood of the club - the fans
  • No more laughing/grinning after a Port loss
Just to name a few - there will definitely be many other benefits!!!

Even if a new coach doesn't lead to more wins, it'll hopefully mean a lot of other things:

No more syndicate

In my opinion just getting rid of kick it to Charlie and that ridiculous high line will be worth 2 games. September will be the cream. To be fair you can see some of it disappearing from our game during the past 12 months.

Permanently dropping Mac and cheese is worth a couple of games a year

Most important one: hope. We'll be able to enjoy the prospect of at least having a shot at glory

Know our ITK has put it a low chance that Hinkley is coaching next year but just cannot shake off the unease. Will be a have to see to believe.
An in the know poster has a go at this every year since about 2017. Thats why we have this gif

uR9IDF.gif

Any inside info is pointless because the board is too spineless to stick with a decision. Kent Hinkley can easily win them back with a top 8 finish or a finals win.

If Dixon did not play last weekend we would have lost, where the best one on one defender in the comp this season Weitering, would have been on Esava.

Where Butters would not have run onto a ruck centre bounce clearance from Charlie and Ratugolea may not have taken the mark (and kicked the goal) when Charlie was holding off three Carlton defenders. Not to mention DBJ goal line kick where Charlie keep the ball in play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An in the know poster has a go at this every year since about 2017. Thats why we have this gif

uR9IDF.gif

Any inside info is pointless because the board is too spineless to stick with a decision. Kent Hinkley can easily win them back with a top 8 finish or a finals win.

I understand the trepidation, but the footy committee are the ones making the call on Hinkley. It has nothing to do with the Board outside of them ratifying the committee's decision.

I understand the trepidation, but the footy committee are the ones making the call on Hinkley. It has nothing to do with the Board outside of them ratifying the committee's decision.
To be honest, I think the biggest change that should come out of this saga is removing the decision to review football department/senior coach from the football committee. There needs to be genuine independence in these processes and should be top of Koch's list.

If Dixon did not play last weekend we would have lost, where the best one on one defender in the comp this season Weitering, would have been on Esava.

Where Butters would not have run onto a ruck centre bounce clearance from Charlie and Ratugolea may not have taken the mark (and kicked the goal) when Charlie was holding off three Carlton defenders. Not to mention DBJ goal line kick where Charlie keep the ball in play.
If Dixon didn't play somebody else would have and who knows, that other player might have kicked 5 who knows ...unless that player is Mac and Cheese.

To be honest, I think the biggest change that should come out of this saga is removing the decision to review football department/senior coach from the football committee. There needs to be genuine independence in these processes and should be top of Koch's list.

That would then put the likes of Koch and Holly Ransom in charge of making decisions on the footy department. Do you trust them to get it right?

He’s a Carlton supporter, he’s probably just having a lend.

Yeah i saw that, but it was still funny. There would have been someone that really fell for it :D

That would then put the likes of Koch and Holly Ransom in charge of making decisions on the footy department. Do you trust them to get it right?
Koch doesn”t need Holly to reinforce his unilateral control of the club.

Get real for godsake.

I feel like someone has been having a word to Ken, professing how much he loved Port Adelaide the other day just doesn't seem like him.
Look as much as I don't like the guy I think he does love his boys, just not sold on the club love side of it.
He's never said it before. Honest Ken. Bullsh*t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back