Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just know we're going to finish top.
I have us finishing anywhere from 1-5. Our form is obviously good, I can't see us dropping more than 1/3 and plenty of others are falling down around us. BL and WBD for me though are better placed than we are. If we miss the double chance given other results this weekend it would be damning.

Enjoy the ride for the time being. Team is playing well, and they're hitting their straps at the right time of the year. Relatively injury free as well.

If they win a flag it will be this Club's finest hour since 2004 and irrespective of how I feel about Ken, I hope he makes it onto the dais and yells out "Chewy from big footy, youse were wrong!"
Is that before or after he gets sacked?

Enjoy the ride for the time being. Team is playing well, and they're hitting their straps at the right time of the year. Relatively injury free as well.

If they win a flag it will be this Club's finest hour since 2004 and irrespective of how I feel about Ken, I hope he makes it onto the dais and yells out "Chewy from big footy, youse were wrong!"

I’ve always thought of if that happens he’ll going into the sunset and retire with the biggest arrogance smirk you’ve ever seen from anyone ever.

"No excuses"

-Leigh Montagna

To much damage is done. **** ken no matter what. That's a hill I will die on.

There are so many factors that go into this too. Not just Ken alone.

The media racket protecting him.
The constant potting of the fans.
The 12 years of frustration.
The clubs total bottling of last years contract extension.
The Happy Clapper Facebook Nimrods.

I could go on for hours.

I just can't see how I can enjoy anything that this year could bring.

Hinkley leaving is my Premiership.

The statue will be going up outside Alberton on Monday ;)

But really, the reason why we've gone from not good enough to world beaters is Esava Ratugolea's move to CHF. A game defining CHF is solid gold.
Structural changes have definitely helped but It's more the midfield digging in. Drew and wines playing out of their skin

"No excuses"

-Leigh Montagna
Ken now resorting his excuses cards from his draw after hearing this… now you can also hear Kenny say. **** YOU JOEY!!! YOU STUPID campaigner!
IMG_0621.JPG

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just know we're going to finish top.
You know I do wonder if finishing lower down the ladder might actually be a good thing, cos finishing top didn't end well. Maybe the players will have a different mindset when they think they really have to fight for a win. Just a thought, who the hell knows really what goes on inside heads.

Structural changes have definitely helped but It's more the midfield digging in. Drew and wines playing out of their skin

They were amazing. Two weeks in a row of finals intensity. No excuses.

But Ken and CD say that we don’t have the list?

"I'm so embarrassed for everyone that booed at Ken and was there cheering tonight". Kane Cornes

**** OFF Kane you ignorant stupid scumbag piece of mother ****ing shit.

I'm so sick of this peanut and his week to week lack of perspective.

Years and years of failure and repetitive results led to where we are, it wasn't a one off, if you can't understand that the total repression of the supporter base, and that an insane strategy of the longest period of failed stability in VFL/SANFL/AFL history brought about that heat, then you're an absolute imbecile.

Let's be totally fair. The last 6 quarters we have played are some of the best footy, if not clearly the best we've actually ever played under Hinkley. Yes we don't expect 100+ point wins every week, but we have endured a 19% win record against top 8 sides on Saturday nights, since we moved to AO. I mean that record says we win 1 in 5. So was this the 1, or are we going to see us finally start to balance that record up to a more acceptable 50+%.

One good win in 5 is not acceptable and hasn't been for a long time, and we can't sit there just praising individual wins. And you can't smash a supporter base on the back of 6 quarters, and expect that years and years of damage is unwound.

I'm absolutely shocked by the way we're playing, and it was a great game, but it can't be a flash in the pan. It must be the beginning of something new otherwise it was totally worthless. From here the boys need to win out. Win the next 3, finish top 2, win the next 3, take a flag, and THEN and ONLY then, can the media and club say "You were wrong". And do you know what, I'll be right there cheering with 20k other supporters on that last day, eating the most amazing humble pie I've ever been served.

I still don't believe we can win it, because I don't think that years of sustained results were wrong, and for that reason I'll be holding off investing in this team just yet and if we were to lose to Melb and then the Crows walloped us again in a fortnight I'd be at the front of the booing queue.

Last edited:
How dare we demand success?

Look it's pretty simple, and it's hard to stomach. But simple. F*** them all. Why should we take constant berating from media puppets like no other supporters receive?
My engagement and support has very quickly gone from 100 to 0 in the space of seasons, and I'm so close to checking out of AFL and port all together. Why should we have to take this level of berate?
Our lives will be better without this dictatorship out of our mind. Check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back