Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs a lot more than a top 4 appearance to see 2025 as the Club's senior coach.

My money's on him being at West Coast next year.

If he's here in 2025 it means that the Club have had a brilliant finals series.
Well I suppose it's a win win situation in that case. Unfortunately I want my cake and eat it, a flag and a sacking would be perfect. ;)

Well I suppose it's a win win situation in that case. Unfortunately I want my cake and eat it, a flag and a sacking would be perfect. ;)

Haha, a flag will see his contract extended to end of 2026.

Nonsense, special Kenny's like the little old bootstudder who has been volunteering at the club for 40 years and is a bit senile but he's our special little guy. Just ignore the 7 or 8 million bucks he's been paid.

You back the fk away from Alfie Trebilcock thank you very much.

There's more Port Adelaide in his arthritic knee than the Hinkley family tree will ever have. :tonguewink:

He needs a lot more than a top 4 appearance to see 2025 as the Club's senior coach.

And so your money’s on Schofield being back at Alberton in 2025 as Carr’s No. 2 ?

And so your money’s on Schofield being back at Alberton in 2025 as Carr’s No. 2 ?

It is highly unlikely that Schofield would return to Port under Carr in 2025. Don't think he's on their lengthy shopping list at this time.

X Files GIF by The X-Files

Haha, a flag will see his contract extended to end of 2026.
It's a tough one - if we win it this year, we need to celebrate it long and hard, because there's no guarantees for next year and beyond, with regard to putting ourselves in a position to win it. But having Hinkley for another year or two doesn't excite me.......

It is highly unlikely that Schofield would return to Port under Carr in 2025. Don't think he's on their lengthy shopping list at this time.
Oh. But if your money is on the Jinx being at West Coast in 2025, it follows that Schofield will be on the move again. If not back to Alberton then perchance to Freo to replace Gentleman JL? I mean, if your money is on it … with that money being rendered ‘smart money’ by the inside Alberton contacts you assure us you have … it must be so, right?

Hinkley’s reached a point now where he’s been there that long, and done so many things wrong, and been arm’s length’d to the point where he just sits on the bench like a rambling cheerleading blubbering spud, that even if the unthinkable did happen and we won the flag, his influence, responsibility and credit for that would be negligible.

If you sacked all 18 coaches and replaced them with personalities from 1990’s TV, one of them would hold the cup up by default.

After an unprecedented 12 years, and endless free agency periods and tradeweeks geared solely to topping up for a flag, that’s Ken Hinkley now.

The Frankie J Holden of premiership coaches (possibly).

I agree with Chewy. Although highly unlikely and nigh on impossible, Port winning a Premiership with Hinkley at the helm, will be a bad precedent and will be disastrous for our future management of the club. The amount of backslapping and self-vindication and adulation by the current regime will be nauseous. I can hear "See, we told you so!" repeated Ad Nauseum by Kochie, Richo and especially Kano. But that's the least of it, it will lead the club into self-paralysis where every major decision will be delayed with the justification that it paid off with Hinkley.

Having said that, do I want a premiership this year? Hell yeah.

Do I think it will happen? Absolutely not. (If it happens it will be in spite of him, again, not happening!!!)

Do I want Hinkley out even if it happens? At the earliest possible opportunity.

A premiership this year is a poisoned chalice. However, I am still willing to take a sip :)

I agree with Chewy. Although highly unlikely and nigh on impossible, Port winning a Premiership with Hinkley at the helm, will be a bad precedent and will be disastrous for our future management of the club. The amount of backslapping and self-vindication and adulation by the current regime will be nauseous. I can hear "See, we told you so!" repeated Ad Nauseum by Kochie, Richo and especially Kano. But that's the least of it, it will lead the club into self-paralysis where every major decision will be delayed with the justification that it paid off with Hinkley.

Do I think it will happen? Absolutely not. (If it happens it will be in spite of him, again, not happening!!!)

A premiership this year is a poisoned chalice. However, I am still willing to take a sip :)

It’ll be a disaster for the industry.

Every timid boatshoed spiv will use it as an example of staying the course no matter how deplorable results or performances are in a given season, let alone 5-10 year period.

The only way a coach would get sacked is if he Bernard Finnigan’d or Wayne Carey’d.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy to cop that if we were to win the premiership. The issue is I reckon the "mission accomplished told you so" banner would go up if we even make the grand final. He'd get extended the Sunday of prelim week and all the Hinkleyphiles would be out celebrating, even if we backed it up with a Grand Final loss bigger than 119. That's my worry

If he's at West Coast he won't last 2 years and might not even last one.

Hinkley is not going to West Coast. Don Pyke literally coached against Ken. Pyke knows Hinkley is a no hoper.
As I posted yesterday, Pyke knows Hinkley as a coach better than any other AFL club CEO. There is no way he's going to give Hinkley a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back