Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"This game could be won in the coach’s box, and you’d give Scott the advantage in this one."

Kane Corner ladies and gentlemen. Ports list is deficient and Kerninley is the best coach in the league.

But also Chris Scott will probs pull his pants down on Thurs night because Kern is a dullard with no tricks to pull.
I FOUND THE HINKLEY HATER

IT WAS ME AUSTIN IT WAS ME ALL ALONG AUSTIN

1725347232066.png

I had a chuckle yesterday when I saw that Gerard "Ken is your lord and saviour you ungrateful heathens" Whateley doesn't have second placed Port in his Top 4 finals seeds. Why would that be Mr Whateley?

BECAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE THE CATTLE M8!

He's got a mighty ducks-esque rabble of misfits he's assembled off the streets and now he's gotta take on the Soviet national team

Finally someone talks facts.

Contrast this with the absolute garbage that’s been served up by Whateley et al this year.

Gaz knows what’s what and if he was a rank and file Port man he would’ve booed his guts out during the Brisbane game.

Still though, somehow it's 'Port Adelaide' that are under most pressure. And it's Ken we'd be winning the flag for.

The dissonance. It's really something.
He's right though. It IS Port Adelaide under pressure. Ken didn't employ himself. He's doesn't sign his own contacts. Also, everyone else involved isn't completely absolved of all sin, they all need to get it done. Port Adelaide SHOULD feel that pressure.

He's right though. It IS Port Adelaide under pressure. Ken didn't employ himself. He's doesn't sign his own contacts. Also, everyone else involved isn't completely absolved of all sin, they all need to get it done. Port Adelaide SHOULD feel that pressure.

Agreed - we are clearly under the most pressure. And Kenneth has not done well under pressure to this point. I harken back to my convo with an ex-GC assistant / colleague of Hinkley "not sure how he'll go under pressure".

Fingers. ****ing. Crossed.

Sure they should. But the media narrative seems to be that when we win its on Ken. When we come up short it's the club / players / list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"This game could be won in the coach’s box, and you’d give Scott the advantage in this one."

Kane Corner ladies and gentlemen. Ports list is deficient and Kerninley is the best coach in the league.

But also Chris Scott will probs pull his pants down on Thurs night because Kern is a dullard with no tricks to pull.

Kane is compensating for a very small appendage, which is either located south or north of the umbilicus.

Since Koch and Ken arrived at Port, there are only two sides that have been in contention for the finals every year - Geelong and Port Adelaide.

Port haven't finished below 11th.
Geelong haven't finished below 12th.
Everyone else has spent time in the lower rungs of the ladder and out of finals contention, including Sydney in 2019 and 2020.

Port being in finals contention for 12/12 years since Koch and Ken arrived is pretty good, and I have no doubt this is some of the data that Koch looks at and Jordan analyses.

Since Koch and Ken arrived at Port, there are only two sides that have been in contention for the finals every year - Geelong and Port Adelaide.

Everyone else has spent time in the lower rungs of the ladder and out of finals contention, including Sydney in 2019 and 2020.

Port being in finals contention for 12/12 years since Koch and Ken arrived is pretty good, and I have no doubt this is some of the data that Koch looks at and Jordan analyses.
How many flags have Geelong and Port Adelaide won in that time?

That's the information that matters from that data.

200w.gif

I think Lyon is saying all this (admittedly he's correct) to pile even further pressure on, and he'd be hoping for another poor finals performance - firstly because he apparently dislikes the non-Victorian clubs, and secondly to try to assist in manufacturing a story that involves yet another failure for the PAFC.

It just appears to be unfortunate that this type of analysis is absent at other times during the season (and previous years) such as the Brisbane game, and when DHs like Whateley and Kornes go into full Ken-defence mode.

But then again, I guess he's typical of the Victorian footy media that doesn't give 2 sh1ts about the PAFC in a general sense, but are happy
to say something at the last minute when they are hoping for another train-wreck.

I think Lyon is saying all this (admittedly he's correct) to pile even further pressure on, and he'd be hoping for another poor finals performance - firstly because he apparently dislikes the non-Victorian clubs, and secondly to try to assist in manufacturing a story that involves yet another failure for the PAFC.

It just appears to be unfortunate that this type of analysis is absent at other times during the season (and previous years) such as the Brisbane game, and when DHs like Whateley and Kornes go into full Ken-defence mode.

But then again, I guess he's typical of the Victorian footy media that doesn't give 2 sh1ts about the PAFC in a general sense, but are happy
to say something at the last minute when they are hoping for another train-wreck.
Wasn't Gary another one that got a angry phone call from Ken for criticism towards him post the Dogs prelim? I reckon it might have been... I'm sure it wasn't just David King.

Wasn't Gary another one that got a angry phone call from Ken for criticism towards him post the Dogs prelim? I reckon it might have been... I'm sure it wasn't just David King.
Maybe.

I did a Google search to see if there was much history about Lyon criticising Hinkley and/or Port, and all I could find was an article from 2018 when Ken wasn't happy about Lyon's criticism of our players supposedly over-reacting to free kicks not being paid.

I watch all of my footy through Fox, and IMO he has provided the most consistent and honest analysis of Port out of any Vic commentator. He has praised them when they deserved it, and also canned them when they deserved it. Out of the Vic Boys Club, he a;so stands out as never blindly praised Hinkley as Lord & Saviour.

How many premierships have Port won during this era?

BLOODY WELL SAID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back