Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve been absolutely screwed by the Mandela Effect of ‘how bad things were’ when Ken arrived.

In stark contrast to his predecessors — including Williams who laboured under ridiculous austerity from 2005-onward — he had absolutely everything required to succeed.

But practically everyone is sucking on a false narrative that he singlehandedly built the pyramids with animal dung and scavenged paddlepop sticks.

If Matthew Primus — who wasn’t exactly Pep Guardiola, we know — had access to Darren Burgess, Alan Richardson, and the 2013 squad, how close does he get to Ken’s 12-10 record that year?

Not to mention the 'do it for JMac' sentiment through 2013.

A mealy-mouthed piece from AFL Media's most slurring mouth-breather this side of Slobbo, Rohan Connolly.

He says he isn't advocating for Ken ... and celebrates "consistency" as if a team that has capitulated under big-game pressure for a decade now is a model of good governance.

I tend to agree, except for "weird". I'd argue it's more typical of a historically successful (locally) club with a passionate supporter base but consequently, one in which former players exert a disproportionate influence. And exhibit A? Kane Cornes and Warren Tredrea.
I pointed out to this campaigner on social media that Wilson and other media personalities have a disportionate influence on the club, but the curiously witless man had a giant sook about it and refused to acknowledge the absurd conflict of interest re: Wilson and Cos.

Honestly, who ever said this loser had integrity?

Even as an outsider I’ve got invested in the Ken saga, because it’s still unbelievably baffling how he’s still got a job. He’s essentially cosplayed being an AFL coach for 12 years, he gets paid to stand like he’s waiting for a bus, wave his arms around to pretend coach and sit on the bench and do bugger all and then jump around like a campaigner like he’s won the flag and act smug. Hes a fake and a grifter.

The one thing that really bugged me was his presser after the Brisbane game, essentially throwing his players under the bus saying “we’re not as good as other teams”, I’ve never seen any of the other 17 coaches say anything like that. Even Dimma after that boring Saints v Suns game said it was a crap game of footy, never once did he bag the players.

and how he’s consistently protected by the media is crazy.

Compared to someone like Bevo, who’s also close to overstaying his welcome, at least he has a flag and 2 GF’s to show for it and his worst crime is playing VFL plodders and playing players out of position and the Dogs at least can play consistently good footy at times.

If he were a coach in the EPL or NBA he would not have lasted this long.

It would be an utter shame to see your young talent’s careers being wasted under him. Butters, Rozee, JHF etc should be competing for flags

Are you sure you're not a Port man? That's exactly how a lot of us are thinking / feeling about it.

Maybe, maybe not with Matty.

It's a pretty similar situation now with Carr. Ken was a fresh voice and something different that the players clearly reacted to. Had it been Matty with the resources, they could well have reacted the same as they did with Ken, or the same voice might not have gotten the same reaction. Does Carr with resources get a bounce out of this playing group if he gets his way? Or do we need a new direction and voice from an outsider.

We need an outsider. The players need a fresh voice and a clean slate. It’s not his fault but Carr can’t deliver either.

A mealy-mouthed piece from AFL Media's most slurring mouth-breather this side of Slobbo, Rohan Connolly.

He says he isn't advocating for Ken ... and celebrates "consistency" as if a team that has capitulated under big-game pressure for a decade now is a model of good governance.

I pointed out to this campaigner on social media that Wilson and other media personalities have a disportionate influence on the club, but the curiously witless man had a giant sook about it and refused to acknowledge the absurd conflict of interest re: Wilson and Cos.

" it's endangering the club regardless of whether the coach in 2025 is Hinkley, Josh Carr, Nathan Buckley, or the ghost of Fos Williams."

Hmm, I think I remember hearing Rohan Connoly reads BF. This makes me wonder if he read a certain short story about the ghost of Fos :)

Didn't our fitness eventually drop to nothing under Darren Burgess? Why doesn't Alan Richardson have a head coach gig? How many premierships does AR have as an assistant? How many does Hinkley have as an assistant?

Darren Burgess and Alan Richardson both won a premiership at Melbourne in 2021.

Where are Cam ‘Kosmodisk’ Falloon and Ryan ‘Microsoft Office’ McMillan working now?

I saw some posts probably like 30 pages back about a celebration when he goes. Me and a few mates have actually been devising a pub crawl through the Port for years when the time comes. Here's a draft of the itinerary.

Stop 1The Precinct - Alberton
Stop 2The Portland
Stop 3Pirate Life
Stop 4The Lighthouse
Stop 5The Birkenhead
Stop 6The Monkey House
Stop 7The Federal
Stop 8The Palais

He said, responding to me
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

(Log in to remove this ad.)

0E4875ED-AF48-46D6-ABAA-2E320BAC2AAD.jpeg

Ah yes. A negative Showdown record against the rancid bowl of dogsh¡t that is 2013-2024 Adelaide Crows and getting smashed by 12 goals in a Home Prelim by the Christmas Island Bulldogs is “squeezing the absolute best out of a group”.

Darren Burgess and Alan Richardson both won a premiership at Melbourne in 2021.

Where are Cam ‘Kosmodisk’ Falloon and Ryan ‘Microsoft Office’ McMillan working now?
So they're less successful then Hinkley?

View attachment 2030600

Ah yes. A negative Showdown record against the rancid bowl of dogsh¡t that is 2013-2024 Adelaide Crows and getting smashed by 12 goals in a Home Prelim by the Christmas Island Bulldogs is “squeezing the absolute best out of a group”.
Okay, sure. The 'strength of the list' is subjective. Let's say that there's a 50/50 chance this is a list that could do better, and a 50/50 chance that mastercoach Hinkley has taken this list of spuds as far as it can go.

Even then, still sack him. We know that Hinkley + our list does not equal premierships. We have more evidence of this than any club has ever had in relation to any coach in VFL/AFL history. Take the risk. If it turns out the coach was the problem, great. If it turns out the list was the problem and we tumble down the ladder without mastercoach Hinkley, we're winning zero premierships either way. Risk/reward analysis still says sack him.

Am I the only one who thinks those Vic media flogs, and I lump Kane in with them now as he's showing all the right signs, are just scared of us returning to genuine contention and dont want that interfering with their ongoing Vic biased premiership fairytales?

I can not think of another reason why, after 12 years, we should be expected to accept our future to be simply about 'stability' at the expense of 'opportunity' when no other clubs supporters would or are expected to do the same.

Its ok for St Kilda to knife its coaches, its ok for Carlton to knife its coaches, its ok for North to knife its coaches, its ok for Essendon to knife its coaches, all in the name of returning them to the promised land, but after 12 years of nothing further than a few prelims were expected to keep our coach in the name of stability.

Its blatent double standards.

View attachment 2030600

He’s actually squeezed the absolute best out of about three groups now, the last one being entirely of his own making apart from Bionic Boak. It’s a crying shame that none of the 120ish players to don the chevrons during Kenny’s reign has been good enough to manifest his genius into flag-winning footy.

Okay, sure. The 'strength of the list' is subjective. Let's say that there's a 50/50 chance this is a list that could do better, and a 50/50 chance that mastercoach Hinkley has taken this list of spuds as far as it can go.

Even then, still sack him. We know that Hinkley + our list does not equal premierships. We have more evidence of this than any club has ever had in relation to any coach in VFL/AFL history. Take the risk. If it turns out the coach was the problem, great. If it turns out the list was the problem and we tumble down the ladder without mastercoach Hinkley, we're winning zero premierships either way. Risk/reward analysis still says sack him.
This is the only logical reason to sack Hinkley. Another great post Dad.

Too bad he's without a doubt the best option currently available :think:

If its trolling its nowhere near funny enough, if its real well no thanks. Either way you have my permission to stop posting
It was kind of funny in the other thread - he suggested that Port have never had a top 3 players that are as good as a top 3 list that included Rory Sloane. Its worth a read, but yes definitely has gotten boring now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back