Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many players have played under Ken? 100ish? How many assistants have we had in that time? A dozen or so who aren't with us anymore plus the current.

Only one constant. Same issue that entire time. Sometimes an apple is an apple.
Surely theres a conversation here about the players coming into the club/bottom 30%. When players debut for us it feels so different to players debuting for Geelong/Collingwood or academy teams. Ours are usually small, fumbily and often look like taking 50 games just to reach AFL level. Not the type of players you want in finals. Is that Ken's fault? Geniune question please dont hate me macca I love you :heart:

The past few years is the most I've watched of other teams (Because im a crows fan). Great teams like Sydney and Geelong don't have the same problem with the bottom end of their list.

Because he's not ready to give up his Noel's Caravans gig?

Con artist Ken has thrown everyone under the bus (Schofield, Montgomery, Carr) as he insists on his insipid contested game that ALWAYS gets found out during finals.

And now fans are being told that they don't have enough data to determine whether he can deliver in big games? :think:

Surely theres a conversation here about the players coming into the club/bottom 30%. When players debut for us it feels so different to players debuting for Geelong/Collingwood or academy teams. Ours are usually small, fumbily and often look like taking 50 games just to reach AFL level. Not the type of players you want in finals. Is that Ken's fault? Geniune question please dont hate me macca I love you :heart:

The past few years is the most I've watched of other teams (Because im a crows fan). Great teams like Sydney and Geelong don't have the same problem with the bottom end of their list.
Hmm, if only we had the right people at the club who could teach them things, you know like teachers....what's the word I am looking for here?

Because he's not ready to give up his Noel's Caravans gig?

"A lot of the conjecture around Hinkley’s future came from a controversial call on Adelaide’s FIVEaa radio when a caller rang in to speak to part-time host and Port Adelaide board member Warren Tredrea."

No Way Reaction GIF by Originals

Our list since Ken took over has not been a 60% win rate list. You don't win 60% of games with any old coach
Thanks for proving your arguments are so shallow that you couldn't argue with all of the other points mentioned.

But hey in response to your simpleton approach. Isn't it amazing that he has won 60%, as high amount as any team over his tenure (Think by memory, only beaten by Geelong). Yet he still hasn't made a GF. What a perfect example of why he should be sacked, highlighting his inability to get the big results. Especially when you consider:

Number of other teams that have made a GF during his tenure = 12. Set to be 13 if Carlton make it this year.

Number of other teams that have met our high watermark of a prelim final = 14.

So despite winning a lot of meaningless games, he has actually achieved less than an overwhelming majority of teams.

But hey let's dig even deeper for you. Though I'm sure you're tiny brain has probably already overloaded, so this part might just be for my own fun.

• How's his ratio in showdowns, despite finishing above the Crows in 9 of his 12 years. (10W, 12L) What a failure.
  • How about in knockout finals over the last 10 seasons. (0W, 4L) Well there's another failure.
  • How about his record in home night games at Adelaide Oval 50% - WOW, so you're telling me as a side that wins 60% of games, we don't win even more than that at home or at night. Wow, what a failure.
  • How about home night games against top 8 sides - 33% - FAIL.
  • We rank 15th in the comp for Win % in finals since 2015 - FAIL.

We could keep going on, but you know the most important stat. Given that a coach should only remain your coach because they have the ability to take you to a GF and win a flag. Well despite a 60% win percentage his Number of Grand Finals coached = 0 - FAIL

A world record for failure at one club. The only coach to have had such an extended period of failure at one club, let's also not forget that he actually passed that record over 51 games ago. When he passed Brad Scott. That's over 2 full seasons more than the longest period of failure previously allowed at a club.

Thanks for highlighting his failure and yet another reason he should be sacked.

I hope you found this post enlightening, but I presume it was probably a bit too hard to actually comprehend. Hopefully you can continue to compute how to clap your hands together happily for the next home game while I'll be sitting in the crowd booing.

I saw some posts probably like 30 pages back about a celebration when he goes. Me and a few mates have actually been devising a pub crawl through the Port for years when the time comes. Here's a draft of the itinerary.

Stop 1The Precinct - Alberton
Stop 2The Portland
Stop 3Pirate Life
Stop 4The Lighthouse
Stop 5The Birkenhead
Stop 6The Monkey House
Stop 7The Federal
Stop 8The Palais
I'm in if we're going to the Monkey Bar!

No sir haha. Its basically just observation from watching netural games and with Port being in a lot of primetime ones its hard to miss the constant camera cuts to Ken doing nothing
Worst part is, as an oppo fan, you're mainly seeing primetime games and our primetime game record is also bad. We're 50% in night games at AO and 33% against top 8 in night games at AO. So if these are the games you're seeing these should be the games where he is more involved, yet as per usual he's doing zero.

Honestly it's not hard to work out why we have such little respect for our team and players across the comp when you look deeper into our record in these big games.

Last edited:
The list discussion is a red herring. If you're good enough to spend an entire home and away season on top of the ladder then you're good enough to win a flag. If you're good enough to win a qualifying final by 43 points then you're good enough to win a prelim final a fortnight later rather than get beaten by 71 points. If you're good enough to win 13 games in a row - with the only previous non Victorian team able to achieve this being the 2001 Brisbane Lions super team - then you're good enough to win a final.

This ex post facto bullshit about the list is a fallacy based on Hinkley's failure to get the team to perform when it matters. If we win those games, which the above suggests we were capable of doing, then nobody is talking about the list. And the absolute canary down the coal mine is our record in Showdowns. If it's just not being good enough against the best teams in finals, why the hell do we have such an awful record against a team whose performance has been as abject as the Crows for most of Hinkley's tenure?

It's mind boggling that this guy still has anyone defending him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sent this one this morning.. think it's the one whatley read out. "When are you going to get your mate Hinkley on or no need as you and ya mates (korne) Vic media mafia have done a hatchet job on Port fans, who want change after 12 years of Donuts?"
Well done and thank you good sir.

I'm starting to think Ken might be some kind of handicapped person and that's why no one is allowed to criticise him.
LOL didn't bomberclifford float something a while back about being on the spectrum

I saw some posts probably like 30 pages back about a celebration when he goes. Me and a few mates have actually been devising a pub crawl through the Port for years when the time comes. Here's a draft of the itinerary.

Stop 1The Precinct - Alberton
Stop 2The Portland
Stop 3Pirate Life
Stop 4The Lighthouse
Stop 5The Birkenhead
Stop 6The Monkey House
Stop 7The Federal
Stop 8The Palais
The precinct should definitely be last or mid-late so everyone is extremely tanked and boisterous

What is the argument for actually keeping Ken these days?

Is it purely contract, the fact it is mid year and the hit to the soft cap we'll take? I mean lets hope he has no more than a 6 month payout attached.

Do we think we'll lose some players to trade outs if he was to go?

I can't think of any other valid argument for keeping him.

He doesn't get results, he isn't good for marketing, his presence is hindering our players. I mean what other argument is there?

'Who else' is certainly not an argument. It's a fear tactic to use on the ignorant.

Thats because other teams, have systems where you can just plug in the next man. And it keeps working. Ken's game plan entirely relies on the individual brilliance of the players. If you don't have Zak Butters working freely in the midfield it doesn't work. If you don't have Charlie Dixon as a lynch pin in the forward line that doesn't get out marked, it doesn't work.

It all falls back on Hinkley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back