Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And then you get to the next issue which is why hasn’t he built a better list? Why has he traded away parts that we’ve ended up needing to fill again (specifically Howard and Ladhams, Frampton as well, possibly Duursma in future, there would be more as well) and we’ve only managed to fill them with scraps from other clubs? It’ll be a bit of a poisoned chalice for our next coach so I don’t expect a coaching change to result in a flag within 5 years, but rewarding the guy who oversaw every player on our list bar one enter the club is just so unbelievable.

The decline of our list doesn't bother me nearly so much as the fact that we didn't even get a grand final appearance out of the previous list. Teams like West Coast and Richmond are currently sat at the bottom of the ladder but they can be content in the fact that when they were there they capitalised.

Now we haven't sunk to the bottom partly because we have traded our draft picks for experienced players to top us off but mainly because of the black swan event that was the JHF trade which has already won us maybe 8 games since he joined the club. But make no mistake, the list has declined significantly since 2021 and there is a lot of work to do to get it back to the point where it could contend.

Just a reminder that Slobbo hounded "poor old Ben" Rutten out of Essendon because he was "soft" and that it was "about bloody time" that the board made a decision on the coach.

The difference is that Robbo believes that Essendon deserve better and Port don't and that - while Tredders is "toxic" and "sinister" for demanding accountability - it was perfectly right for Sheedy to try to bring Hird back as coach.

Remaining Games:
Dogs (H)
Suns (A)
Tigers (H)
Carlton (A)
Sydney (H)
Melb (A)
Showdown (H)
Freo (A)

4 more wins required to get to 13.

Order of difficulty
1. Tigers (H)
2. Dogs (H)
3. Suns (A)
4. Showdown
------------------
5. Melb (A)
6. Freo (A)
7. Syd (H)
8. Carlton (A)

Technically we can still make it for 4 more weeks.
Realistically it will be decided in the next 2 weeks (if it hasn't been already)

Lose any of the next 3 games and it's over.

To have ANY chance of making finals, he HAS to go this week, so Port have a better chance of winning this week.

However we all know what will happen.

View attachment 2036047
I'd swap the suns & Melbourne - we're playing the suns at their home ground, who have proven to be brilliant there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does he still have the players? A question depending on which faction of the playing list you speak to.

I spoke with a former player at a wedding back in 2020 (pre-covid) and he told me the group was divided then, but generally got along with each other depending on which side of the 'Hinkley Faction' you sat. However after recently speaking with said ex player again, the divide is now where players actively don't speak to other players if they don't have to. It is also very clear which players fall into this faction with the current playing list and where Daddy and his interests lie.

For the rest of the list, face-time with the emperor is limited and feedback even more so. Everything is 'delegated' (i.e. Ken can't be assed to do it so someone else has to) through the assistants and dev coaches.

He is a hypocrite, he is lazy and he is bereft of any sense to read a room but will cling on for dear life to that pay cheque.

Does he still have the players? A question depending on which faction of the playing list you speak to.

I spoke with a former player at a wedding back in 2020 (pre-covid) and he told me the group was divided then, but generally got along with each other depending on which side of the 'Hinkley Faction' you sat. However after recently speaking with said ex player again, the divide is now where players actively don't speak to other players if they don't have to. It is also very clear which players fall into this faction with the current playing list and where Daddy and his interests lie.

For the rest of the list, face-time with the emperor is limited and feedback even more so. Everything is 'delegated' (i.e. Ken can't be assed to do it so someone else has to) through the assistants and dev coaches.

He is a hypocrite, he is lazy and he is bereft of any sense to read a room but will cling on for dear life to that pay cheque.
A team would be no different to a political party.

There would be those in the inner circle, those broadly for him, those broadly against him and those who don't care either way.

It's no surprise that there would be those for Ken and those who don't like him.

After all, even in a high-performing culture, there would be some annoyed that they don't have a spot in the team.

That said, it's hilarious that the media try to depict Ken as beloved by all players.

You don't even have to actively hate him to want a change to the team set-up or maybe they had better "connections" with Schofield, Montgomery, Carr or any of the other assistants that have been pushed aside.

And there would be some who want a change but don't want to move interstate.

I’d like to say a big thank you to those early posters who started this slow snowball that’s taking too long to reach its wrecking ball size (Boydman is one i remember) They saw things I hadn’t seen as clearly and was willing to give Hinkley a chance to rectify. After the 2020 season I wasn’t quite there but i certainly was after the 2021 PF. That was the final nail in the coffin and then to start 2022 0-5 was taking the absolute piss and welded it shut for me.

Perhaps it's finally dawning on Koch that Ken isn't the genius coach he thought he was....another poster on here mentioned that the admin was all "this is our year" and very confident that we would give it a shake. As usual Ken's spudded it up completely, and it's all imploding.

The silence from Koch & Richo these past few weeks is unusual for them. Think Ken feels it most (hence the waterworks)

It's only taken a decade and the destruction of the clubs ethos and culture to realise it eh Koch.....you absolute potato.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not sure why some of you have bought into the "shit list" nonsense.

We're badly coached and players have gone backwards. That doesn't mean the talent isn't there.

Bergman - gone backwards. Why? Played out of position on the wing, because we traded our actual winger because he wasn't one of donuts chosen few.

Burton - a real coach wouldn't have let him constantly put in weak as piss performances. He would have either had to lift his game or **** off ages ago.

Williams - very solid last year until ken wrecked his confidence.

Aliir - back structure is all wrong, so of course aliir looks rubbish. All Australian calibre player.

Soldo - the dickhead brought him back injured and made his injury worse.

Rozee - the dickhead brought him back injured and made his injury worse.

McEntee - is just the worst player in the AFL and has been played almost every week, bringing us down. Just shouldn't be playing. Anyone would be better. Anyone.

Drew - no idea what Ken's done to him but gone backwards.

Marshall - who knows.

Wines - ken has no real idea what to do with him. Can still play (see Geelong game) but has become a nothing player.

Our list is certainly better than where we're at right now. You can't account for form and you have to look at what players have shown to be capable of. Our team is about as low on confidence right now as I've seen them over the years. There's a real sense of inevitability about the place, which is no surprise because we keep repeating the same mistakes.

This is such surface-level analysis from Bartel, he probably didn’t even watch the game but saw the post-game tears and concluded “they did it for Kenny”.

It was an uninspiring performance and hardly one that suggested the players were rallying to the cause of their coach. If Jack Higgins wasn’t so *******, Saints win and Ken might be gone today.

Moreover, Rozee produced some very non-committal, ambiguous commentary on Ken post-game. Also, while a player refusing to do media when asked last week could mean many things, obviously the point of it would have been to back the coach publicly. And they said no.

So I don’t think it’s all happy families down there.

I'm in the first belief that Butters will move on when he Abe to do so, I don't buy his "I love Ken talk" and yes after the game his words were not we heard before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back