Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Loser coach
Loser chairman
Loser ceo
Loser football manager

and we wonder why it's a loser club

It's had the foundation gradually replaced over the last 12 years with custard

there's not one iota of humility amongst those 4, yet it will be Warren who's tarred with the "arrogant" brush by defenders of this regime

to quote the esteemed lawyer John Cook (w/r/t Charles I) "The King must die and the monarchy must die with him."

This is such surface-level analysis from Bartel, he probably didn’t even watch the game but saw the post-game tears and concluded “they did it for Kenny”.

It was an uninspiring performance and hardly one that suggested the players were rallying to the cause of their coach. If Jack Higgins wasn’t so *******, Saints win and Ken might be gone today.

Moreover, Rozee produced some very non-committal, ambiguous commentary on Ken post-game. Also, while a player refusing to do media when asked last week could mean many things, obviously the point of it would have been to back the coach publicly. And they said no.

So I don’t think it’s all happy families down there.

Last edited:

The funny thing is, I actually think Hinkley is currently getting a reasonable level of performance from the list at his disposal. It's certainly not overachieving or total maximum level of performance but it's about what you'd expect if you were a neutral and looked at our list. The big issue for me is that this guy has had much better lists in the past and failed to have them a) consistently qualify for finals and b) actually perform when they do get to finals - so why would you trust him to be in charge of developing the current list knowing that even if it does improve it won't amount to anything on his watch?
I agree
We've had better lists.

Remaining Games:
Dogs (H)
Suns (A)
Tigers (H)
Carlton (A)
Sydney (H)
Melb (A)
Showdown (H)
Freo (A)

4 more wins required to get to 13.

Order of difficulty
1. Tigers (H)
2. Dogs (H)
3. Suns (A)
4. Showdown
------------------
5. Melb (A)
6. Freo (A)
7. Syd (H)
8. Carlton (A)

Technically we can still make it for 4 more weeks.
Realistically it will be decided in the next 2 weeks (if it hasn't been already)

Lose any of the next 3 games and it's over.

To have ANY chance of making finals, he HAS to go this week, so Port have a better chance of winning this week.

However we all know what will happen.

1719812855977.png

This is such surface-level analysis from Bartel, he probably didn’t even watch the game but saw the post-game tears and concluded “they did it for Kenny”.

It was an uninspiring performance and hardly one that suggested the players were rallying to the cause of their coach. If Jack Higgins wasn’t so *******, Saints win and Ken might be gone today.

Moreover, Rozee produced some very non-committal, ambiguous commentary on Ken post-game. Also, while a player refusing to media when asked last week could mean many things, obviously the point of it would have been to back the coach publicly. And they said no.

So I don’t think it’s all happy families down there.

Bartel is as "objective and impartial" on the subject of "Kenny" as Kornes is. For the life of me I don't understand why no-one calls them out on this.

The funny thing is, I actually think Hinkley is currently getting a reasonable level of performance from the list at his disposal. It's certainly not overachieving or total maximum level of performance but it's about what you'd expect if you were a neutral and looked at our list. The big issue for me is that this guy has had much better lists in the past and failed to have them a) consistently qualify for finals and b) actually perform when they do get to finals - so why would you trust him to be in charge of developing the current list knowing that even if it does improve it won't amount to anything on his watch?
And then you get to the next issue which is why hasn’t he built a better list? Why has he traded away parts that we’ve ended up needing to fill again (specifically Howard and Ladhams, Frampton as well, possibly Duursma in future, there would be more as well) and we’ve only managed to fill them with scraps from other clubs? It’ll be a bit of a poisoned chalice for our next coach so I don’t expect a coaching change to result in a flag within 5 years, but rewarding the guy who oversaw every player on our list bar one enter the club is just so unbelievable.

Really though, who gives a shit if the players have Kens back, he and them can't win the games they need to, to bring about success, it's been that way for 12 years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
They have had his back, but has he had theirs over the years? Considering he’s outwardly said at least once that we’d have done worse with some of the players that weren’t selected in a loss (read: “not my fault, I did selection just right”) and it’s always fair game to criticise the players when the team isn’t going well but Ken is seemingly always off limits, I don’t think he really does. We’ve also seen certain careers wasted under him, it just doesn’t look to me like this is a coach that truly cares about the team.

The only reason the club would open themselves up for a repeat of the fallout of the Brisbane game, is because he's already told he's gone.
I would say after watching the croc tears he was a relieved man and safe for at least another week, meaning he needs to make finals or he's gone imo.
One of these two scenarios.

Bartel is as "objective and impartial" on the subject of "Kenny" as Kornes is. For the life of me I don't understand why no-one calls them out on this.
More Geelong hand baggers sticking up for their failed mate, they just don't want him at Geelong.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And then you get to the next issue which is why hasn’t he built a better list? Why has he traded away parts that we’ve ended up needing to fill again (specifically Howard and Ladhams, Frampton as well, possibly Duursma in future, there would be more as well) and we’ve only managed to fill them with scraps from other clubs? It’ll be a bit of a poisoned chalice for our next coach so I don’t expect a coaching change to result in a flag within 5 years, but rewarding the guy who oversaw every player on our list bar one enter the club is just so unbelievable.

The decline of our list doesn't bother me nearly so much as the fact that we didn't even get a grand final appearance out of the previous list. Teams like West Coast and Richmond are currently sat at the bottom of the ladder but they can be content in the fact that when they were there they capitalised.

Now we haven't sunk to the bottom partly because we have traded our draft picks for experienced players to top us off but mainly because of the black swan event that was the JHF trade which has already won us maybe 8 games since he joined the club. But make no mistake, the list has declined significantly since 2021 and there is a lot of work to do to get it back to the point where it could contend.

Just a reminder that Slobbo hounded "poor old Ben" Rutten out of Essendon because he was "soft" and that it was "about bloody time" that the board made a decision on the coach.

The difference is that Robbo believes that Essendon deserve better and Port don't and that - while Tredders is "toxic" and "sinister" for demanding accountability - it was perfectly right for Sheedy to try to bring Hird back as coach.

Remaining Games:
Dogs (H)
Suns (A)
Tigers (H)
Carlton (A)
Sydney (H)
Melb (A)
Showdown (H)
Freo (A)

4 more wins required to get to 13.

Order of difficulty
1. Tigers (H)
2. Dogs (H)
3. Suns (A)
4. Showdown
------------------
5. Melb (A)
6. Freo (A)
7. Syd (H)
8. Carlton (A)

Technically we can still make it for 4 more weeks.
Realistically it will be decided in the next 2 weeks (if it hasn't been already)

Lose any of the next 3 games and it's over.

To have ANY chance of making finals, he HAS to go this week, so Port have a better chance of winning this week.

However we all know what will happen.

View attachment 2036047
I'd swap the suns & Melbourne - we're playing the suns at their home ground, who have proven to be brilliant there.

Does he still have the players? A question depending on which faction of the playing list you speak to.

I spoke with a former player at a wedding back in 2020 (pre-covid) and he told me the group was divided then, but generally got along with each other depending on which side of the 'Hinkley Faction' you sat. However after recently speaking with said ex player again, the divide is now where players actively don't speak to other players if they don't have to. It is also very clear which players fall into this faction with the current playing list and where Daddy and his interests lie.

For the rest of the list, face-time with the emperor is limited and feedback even more so. Everything is 'delegated' (i.e. Ken can't be assed to do it so someone else has to) through the assistants and dev coaches.

He is a hypocrite, he is lazy and he is bereft of any sense to read a room but will cling on for dear life to that pay cheque.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back