Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chose to shovel a tonne of compost and pruned my citrus trees rather than watch Ports last Sunday.

I can't even remember the last match I watched 4 qtrs.

I've gone from attending every home match and planning my weekend around when Ports was playing to ngaf.

Strange days.

Not sure if my care factor will ever return. At present Kenny being moved on too little too late.

Last edited:
Rucci has issues - the man was taking so many "free" cokes from Adelaide Oval on gameday that the SMA imposed a limit on how many drinks each member of the media could have per game.

Chose to shovelled a tonne of compost and pruned my citrus trees rather than watch Ports last Sunday.

I can't even remember the last match I watched 4 qtrs.

I've gone from attending every home match and planning my weekend around when Ports was playing to ngaf.

Strange days.

Not sure if my care factor will ever return. At present Kenny being moved on too little too late.

Hung out with my young nieces and did arts and crafts with them during the Richmond game earlier this year. Didn’t see a single second of the game, live, or in-replay/highlights form afterward. Didn’t care to seek a score update whatsoever.

Most enjoyable matchday I had in literally years.

Rucci has issues - the man was taking so many "free" cokes from Adelaide Oval on gameday that the SMA imposed a limit on how many drinks each member of the media could have per game.
Wowee

Hung out with my young nieces and did arts and crafts with them during the Richmond game earlier this year. Didn’t see a single second of the game, live, or in-replay/highlights form afterward. Didn’t care to seek a score update whatsoever.

I've just had a flashback to your awesome tirade against Hinkley in the stands at Adelaide Oval in 2017 when we played Richmond. Lol. That was seven years ago.

Seven years to the day yesterday.

Last edited:

You're aren't true port power supporter

Miles Bergman spoke about Ken Hinkley's emotional interview after their 2-point victory over the Saints.

View attachment 2037043
Do you notice how these are all leading questions?
He basically tells the interviewee what answer to give.

Just ask "what did you think about Ken crying after the game?"

Kane just continues to exhibit why we need to rid the club of the Cornes family forever.
Just like the Port hierarchy, when it comes to reading a room, Kane Cornes is illiterate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been thinking about how many of the last 12 seasons would be rated as acceptable to us, and how many would be considered acceptable to the 'wider football community'. I have 3.
  • 2013 - Pass. From a basket case to winning a final.
  • 2014 - Pass. Prelim Final, a good base to build to further success. (Despite dropping from 10-1 to 5th at the end of the home and away)
  • 2015 - Fail. Started the year as premiership favourites. Beat Hawthorn twice, lost to Carlton (18th) and Brisbane (17th). Finish 9th.
  • 2016 - Fail. Widely tipped to bounce back after an off year. The debut of The (Way Too) High Press(TM). Finish 10th.
  • 2017 - Fail. Largest ever showdown loss. Finished H&A 5th, lost to WCE (8th) in the elimination final, in humiliating fashion. The beginning of late stage Hinkley: Smash Bottom 10, wilt under any sort of expectation.
  • 2018 - Fail. Recruit for the now. Co-Captains. "You all thought he was a hero at 11-4." Finish 10th.
  • 2019 - Fail. Add the big three in the draft, start with "The Best Win Ever(TM)". Balk at the favourites tag against a Martinless, Cotchinless, Riewoldtless, Ranceless Richmond. Lose. Finish 10th.
  • 2020 - Pass. From nowhere we run the board, finishing top of the table. Lose a tight prelim by a kick. A missed opportunity, but maybe Hinkley has finally figured it out?
  • 2021 - Fail. Struggle with injury, battle hard, win ugly, scrap to 2nd. Hit the prelim with a full list to choose from, every possible advantage. Capitulate to the tune of who gives a ****, it was over before I finished my bowl of pasta.
  • 2022 - Fail. Continue with the train crash momentum of the 2021 prelim with an 0-5 start. Never recover.
  • 2023 - Fail. A third top 4 finish in 4 years. Win 13 in a row, earn Kenny a new contract, cook our fragile KPP talent in the process, and crash out of finals in straight sets.
  • 2024 - TBA. Shaping up like one of Kenny's 2015-2019 'fallow years' specials: "8-4 is a good position to attack the second half of the year from..."
I reckon it's us considering 2021 & 2023 as failures (what? top 4 is a failure?) where the disconnect between Port Fans and the 'wider AFL community' springs up. Take that Saints fan the other day: I'd kill for results like yours.

Yeah mate, that's why you celebrated 10 in a row and lost the flag. You don't aim high enough.

I've just had a flashback to your awesome tirade against Hinkley in the stands at Adelaide Oval in 2017 when we played Richmond. Lol. That was seven years ago.

Seven years to the day yesterday.

I still feel kinda bad about that. I don’t think I reached that level of rage before or since. Some first impression.

Flags since that night:

• Richmond: 3
• Port: nil

Rucci is a disturbed and disturbing individual. He’s totally unexpert about the game he’s covered for >35 years. Never has an original thought. Just throws about rhetorical, pseudo intellectual questions to buy time. Comes across as terribly insecure and unsure and covers it with a self-righteous, mightier than thou attitude. He basically offers nothing.

When you let Kym Dillon mock and bully you daily on the radio, you can't be much of a person.

Last edited:
I’ve been reflecting a lot about my relationship with the PAFC the last few weeks. For so long I have ridden every high and low this club has been through. I’ve barely missed watching games. The fortunes of the club have meant a lot to me. I was blessed that my dad introduced me to PAFC in the early 80s. It was a wonderful way to spend my weekends going to games with him. I loved what our club stood for.

In recent years and especially this year, I’ve realised that the club is now in the hands of people who will never love it or hurt about it as much as I do. If they are happy to accept mediocrity and go with the flow and roll over so easily then I’m not going to waste energy worrying about the PAFC anymore. Rucci, Kornes and their friends in the club can bask in apathetic mediocrity.

I’ve got other things to do.

We'll see ;)

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

The club doesn't have the guts to sack Hinkley whilst we are sitting in the 8.

Making finals is good enough has been the club's mantra in the Koch era.
The press he has been getting strongly suggests our masters the AFL won’t allow it anyway.

I’ve given my tickets away for Saturday. I can bear to watch the smug campaigner and I don’t want to sit there hoping we’ll lose.

Anyone who knows me knows this is unheard of!

It's pretty funny really. Whenever I listen to 5AA (and I did this week for the post game calls) I'd say most Port callers either start or finish their call thanking Tredders for sticking at it and representing the members.
They won't admit it publicly, but I conclude that a coward like Kane Cornes is bad mouthing Tredders and Port fans, because they're united in disagreeing with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back