Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide officials have word with Warren Tredrea to be more careful when talking about the club in the media

Port Adelaide officials have spoken with board member Warren Tredrea following his ‘good call’ comment to a radio caller abusing Ken Hinkley. See what was said here.

Jay Clark and Simeon Thomas-Wilson | The Advertiser

Port Adelaide officials have spoken with board member Warren Tredrea about being more careful when commenting about club matters on radio.

The Power have not threatened Tredrea or tried to gag him but have reminded the champion forward about his obligations as a board member.

Port is keen to avoid another on-air controversy involving Tredrea as the club prepares to take on the Western Bulldogs, which smashed Port in the 2021 preliminary final by 71 points.

Tredrea was forced to clarify his position after saying “good call” to an angry Port fan who labelled coach Ken Hinkley a “con artist” and “delusional” following the heavy loss to Brisbane Lions two rounds ago.

Hinkley fought back tears in a Fox Footy interview with Sarah Jones after leading Port to a two-point win over St Kilda on Sunday amid fierce speculation about his future.

Tredrea explained his “good call” comment was an acknowledgment of the caller rather than endorsement after an enquiry from Port chief executive Matthew Richardson.

But the situation did nothing to enhance the relationship between Tredrea, one of the club’s greatest ever players, and its current coach Hinkley who is in his 12th year in charge.

Tredrea, who said in April last year Hinkley’s position “looks untenable”, was voted on to Port’s board earlier this year.

Port is adamant Hinkley, who has a 61 per cent winning record across his AFL coaching career, has the full support of his players and the board. He is contracted until the end of next season.
It was a great call, not a good call. Hinkley is a con artist. The faux tears were further proof.

Rucci is a disturbed and disturbing individual. He’s totally unexpert about the game he’s covered for >35 years. Never has an original thought. Just throws about rhetorical, pseudo intellectual questions to buy time. Comes across as terribly insecure and unsure and covers it with a self-righteous, mightier than thou attitude. He basically offers nothing.

I’m a little calmer. To be honest, I almost feel medicated when it comes to my attitude towards footy this week. Bit like the guy who guzzles Coke/Pepsi before dancing like a crying clown.

There are so many better things to do with your time than the often-fruitless pursuit of throwing your lot in with an activity you're taking no active part in and have no real control over. I still love watching sport but am definitely enjoying it more with all the anger and irrational emotion removed from the experience. Everyone is different. i know. But i think i've found the right balance for me.
My Port focus is now about seeing justice being done and all the people who deserve to be put out of a job, put out of a job. It's just the right and proper thing.

Rucci scolds Italy and then calls the England manager an acquired taste.. it's like comedy at this point
His criticism of Southgate is the height of hypocrisy.

Taking over during a contentious time and staying for too long, Southgate is the Hinkley of England management ... except with a much better record.

Southgate has a 60% record in knockout finals.

Hinkley has a 33% record.

Southgate is also the first England manager to reach the final of a European Championship and to reach any major tournament final since 1966.

And Southgate doesn't cry for himself or expects anyone else to pity him, either.

This was him in 1996, when the entirety of England was calling for his head.

View attachment SOUTG_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwVcapntydBTqGgz1NBdw31Q.webp
He also supports his players when they faced with adversity and refuses to throw them under the bus.

What a tool Rucci is.

Last edited:
  • The Bulldogs repeat the margin of the 2021 preliminary final on Saturday
  • At his press conference, Luke Beveridge concludes by saying, "And Kane Cornes - you were wrong."

I'D LIKE TO SEE THAT!!!!!!!

Chose to shovel a tonne of compost and pruned my citrus trees rather than watch Ports last Sunday.

I can't even remember the last match I watched 4 qtrs.

I've gone from attending every home match and planning my weekend around when Ports was playing to ngaf.

Strange days.

Not sure if my care factor will ever return. At present Kenny being moved on too little too late.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rucci has issues - the man was taking so many "free" cokes from Adelaide Oval on gameday that the SMA imposed a limit on how many drinks each member of the media could have per game.

Chose to shovelled a tonne of compost and pruned my citrus trees rather than watch Ports last Sunday.

I can't even remember the last match I watched 4 qtrs.

I've gone from attending every home match and planning my weekend around when Ports was playing to ngaf.

Strange days.

Not sure if my care factor will ever return. At present Kenny being moved on too little too late.

Hung out with my young nieces and did arts and crafts with them during the Richmond game earlier this year. Didn’t see a single second of the game, live, or in-replay/highlights form afterward. Didn’t care to seek a score update whatsoever.

Most enjoyable matchday I had in literally years.

Rucci has issues - the man was taking so many "free" cokes from Adelaide Oval on gameday that the SMA imposed a limit on how many drinks each member of the media could have per game.
Wowee

Top to bottom scolding of supporters from all corners: club admin, players, national media. Makes you wonder why you bother entertaining the negative energy the whole situation inspires in you.
Because when it's over I'll take the utmost joy at all these imposters & the media mafia wriggling.

Hung out with my young nieces and did arts and crafts with them during the Richmond game earlier this year. Didn’t see a single second of the game, live, or in-replay/highlights form afterward. Didn’t care to seek a score update whatsoever.

I've just had a flashback to your awesome tirade against Hinkley in the stands at Adelaide Oval in 2017 when we played Richmond. Lol. That was seven years ago.

Seven years to the day yesterday.

Last edited:

You're aren't true port power supporter

Miles Bergman spoke about Ken Hinkley's emotional interview after their 2-point victory over the Saints.

View attachment 2037043
Do you notice how these are all leading questions?
He basically tells the interviewee what answer to give.

Just ask "what did you think about Ken crying after the game?"

Kane just continues to exhibit why we need to rid the club of the Cornes family forever.
Just like the Port hierarchy, when it comes to reading a room, Kane Cornes is illiterate.

Have been thinking about how many of the last 12 seasons would be rated as acceptable to us, and how many would be considered acceptable to the 'wider football community'. I have 3.
  • 2013 - Pass. From a basket case to winning a final.
  • 2014 - Pass. Prelim Final, a good base to build to further success. (Despite dropping from 10-1 to 5th at the end of the home and away)
  • 2015 - Fail. Started the year as premiership favourites. Beat Hawthorn twice, lost to Carlton (18th) and Brisbane (17th). Finish 9th.
  • 2016 - Fail. Widely tipped to bounce back after an off year. The debut of The (Way Too) High Press(TM). Finish 10th.
  • 2017 - Fail. Largest ever showdown loss. Finished H&A 5th, lost to WCE (8th) in the elimination final, in humiliating fashion. The beginning of late stage Hinkley: Smash Bottom 10, wilt under any sort of expectation.
  • 2018 - Fail. Recruit for the now. Co-Captains. "You all thought he was a hero at 11-4." Finish 10th.
  • 2019 - Fail. Add the big three in the draft, start with "The Best Win Ever(TM)". Balk at the favourites tag against a Martinless, Cotchinless, Riewoldtless, Ranceless Richmond. Lose. Finish 10th.
  • 2020 - Pass. From nowhere we run the board, finishing top of the table. Lose a tight prelim by a kick. A missed opportunity, but maybe Hinkley has finally figured it out?
  • 2021 - Fail. Struggle with injury, battle hard, win ugly, scrap to 2nd. Hit the prelim with a full list to choose from, every possible advantage. Capitulate to the tune of who gives a ****, it was over before I finished my bowl of pasta.
  • 2022 - Fail. Continue with the train crash momentum of the 2021 prelim with an 0-5 start. Never recover.
  • 2023 - Fail. A third top 4 finish in 4 years. Win 13 in a row, earn Kenny a new contract, cook our fragile KPP talent in the process, and crash out of finals in straight sets.
  • 2024 - TBA. Shaping up like one of Kenny's 2015-2019 'fallow years' specials: "8-4 is a good position to attack the second half of the year from..."
I reckon it's us considering 2021 & 2023 as failures (what? top 4 is a failure?) where the disconnect between Port Fans and the 'wider AFL community' springs up. Take that Saints fan the other day: I'd kill for results like yours.

Yeah mate, that's why you celebrated 10 in a row and lost the flag. You don't aim high enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back