Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1994 is my fav of the modern era flags as well, 5-6 goals down at qtr time against a WWT team that was apparently on the verge of becoming a dynasty, but the Maggies kept plugging away to stay in touch and reduced the margin to something like a couple of goals at 3/4 time aided by a snap out of a pack by Stephen Williams just before the siren, and you could sense we were on a roll.

The Eagles wilted under the pressure, our midfield got well on top in the last qtr, Scott Hodges dominated, and we absolutely steam rolled them. :)

Haha how salty is the end of the match summary on wiki.

IMG_1448.jpeg

citation needed but the tears are real.

1994 is my fav of the modern era flags as well, 5-6 goals down at qtr time against a WWT team that was apparently on the verge of becoming a dynasty, but the Maggies kept plugging away to stay in touch and reduced the margin to something like a couple of goals at 3/4 time aided by a snap out of a pack by Stephen Williams just before the siren, and you could sense we were on a roll.

The Eagles wilted under the pressure, our midfield got well on top in the last qtr, Scott Hodges dominated, and we absolutely steam rolled them. :)
The beautiful thing about 1994 is that, having smashed us by 12 goals in the second semi final, the Eagles were confident enough to premake premiership T shirts - they apparently couldn't lose.

Last time we had a coach that wasn't ken Hinkley JHF had just turned 9 years old and Luke Power was still playing afl

"It doesn't feel like externally that we're making inroads, but I think we are."

- Port Adelaide midfield coach, Josh Carr on set shots

📻 SEN SA 1629

View attachment 2039274

'Externally' as though they have access to information we don't. There is only one way to assess goal kicking practice and it's 100% measurable and 100% public information for everyone to see. And it's not getting better, it's actually getting worse.

"It doesn't feel like externally that we're making inroads, but I think we are."

- Port Adelaide midfield coach, Josh Carr on set shots

📻 SEN SA 1629

View attachment 2039274

Is this guy starting to sound like hinkly???
This is what happens when you lock down talent and force them into the party line.
They are dictators Tredrea is showing signs of the same thing imo.
These rats at the top in Koch and hinkly need to be boo'd out of Alberton lock stock and barell!

If a new coach comes in, and takes Todd Marshall under his wing and says, "Son - I believe in you: you have my full backing", it'd do wonders for the kid's confidence. Who knows what sort of message the players are receiving at the moment - their confidence appears to be shot, and they desperately need a change of mentor.
Is Todd still dating Hinkley's daughter?

'Externally' as though they have access to information we don't. There is only one way to assess goal kicking practice and it's 100% measurable and 100% public information for everyone to see. And it's not getting better, it's actually getting worse.
We don't get distracted by outside noise like the scoreboard m8

Haha how salty is the end of the match summary on wiki.

View attachment 2039284

citation needed but the tears are real.

If this were true it must've meant we had the wind in that first quarter when W-WT kicked the first six goals. They must've doubled the order of champagne at that point.

Whateley and other media oxygen thieves would no doubt claim that good old Kenny laid the foundations, and his replacement was merely the recipient of the spoils
By this logic Hinkley is just a poor man's Matthew Primus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Todd Marshall? OUR Todd Marshall?

The Highly paid professional grown man athlete who just needs someone to put their arm around human and whisper compliments into his ear so that he'll decide to go out there and play to his ability- that Todd Marshall?

I'd delist a player just for that under-playing lazy disinterested nonchalant attitude alone

Definitely one problem with Marshall is Hinkley tolerates his poor form, and I reckon he's been cuddled too much which hasn't worked. He needs a coach that will make him earn his spot, and if he still doesn't change then he simply shouldn't be a Port Adelaide footballer.

Well my fellow unclassy anti-Ken savages, I'm out of the country for the next 2 weeks, I hope the boos are deafening and the sacked Hinkley celebrations spread across the globe.

1994 is my favourite premiership since I started barracking for Port nearly 50 years ago. But if we somehow conjure a flag in the first year of Hinkley's successor, I'd say 1994 would be demoted to runner up. Whateley and other media oxygen thieves would no doubt claim that good old Kenny laid the foundations, and his replacement was merely the recipient of the spoils, but I wouldn't care.

and we'll say it took a real coach to get the job done

It’s always frustrated me how the happyclappers are able to remember 2012 as if it were last year, but at the same time, conveniently forget all about:

• Missing the 8 in 2015 after being flag favourites and losing to 17th and 18th.
  • Hinkley holding the club to ransom in 2017 by threatening to walk out on us for Gold Coast.
  • Missing the 8 in 2018 from 11-4 after going all in on a premiership with Rockliff, Motlop, Watts etc.
  • Losing at home to a Richmond side missing their 5 best players in 2019.
  • Missing the 8 in 2019 after losing by 86 points to a North Melbourne outfit that kicked one goal the week before and haven’t finished higher than 17th since.

That’s only scratching the surface, but the next time you get into an argument with a happyclapper, ask them how many of those things they remember happening.
Funny that they remember 2012. I bet few of them were at the games then!

On SM-S711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

After I finished my psych degree, I spent a couple of years doing family/relationship counselling.

One thing I got really good at was spotting crocodile tears and narcissists.

Make no mistake, Ken’s “crying” display was as fake as you’ll ever see. One give away was that he was in the “verge” of crying but never actually did it (in my experience, that is all part of the acting, it’s tough to really cry…. If you like The Sopranos, think of Tony’s Mum. He also had a weird stilted vocal style “great boys, great boys” that he thought gave his “emotions” more credibility. He’s such a weirdo).

I always found narcissists like Kenny the toughest to deal with. Why? Well, Ken doesn’t LOOK like who people think are narcissists. He’s not some influencer that you can easily see is a narcissist. And he talks like your classic bogan “everyman”.
This is a powerful tool for Ken because it makes him appear more genuine when he’s far from it. A lot of people fall for it.

The most important advice I’d have with family members dealing with narcissists was that, when they turned themselves into the “victim” (they ALWAYS do), that you need to continue being hard on them and make sure they face the consequences of their actions. Once they realise you can see through them, they will try every trick in the book (for Ken that is calling in his media mates to paint him as the victim, and now “crying” on national TV).

The key thing, now you are at the end of this horrible process dealing with Ken, is that you keep the pressure up. Boo incessantly, throw tissues/onions at him, anything really. As long as you get this cancer out of the club.

And for gods sake, DO NOT LET UP! Manipulative, cunning narcissist like Ken are like cats with nine lives. If you feel sorry for them and/or believe their “poor me” rubbish for a second, you’ll let them back in the door.

Good luck on the weekend, some things are bigger than a football match and getting a malignant narcissist like Ken out of your club finally will be a great victory.

I don't know if you listen to Hinkley enough but the guy constantly attaches the thought of 'doubt' when he speaks about an up and coming game. I'm just having to watch games and he makes me feel like I'm about to dig my way to the centre of the Earth using a garden spade, I can only imagine the negative mental reinforcing that he places upon the players.

One of the biggest changes we need to make is getting rid of the "it's all too hard" attitude.

I don't care how unlikely it is. They need to clear the decks and try and win it all THIS year with all the comments from the naysayers posted on their lockers.

Who cares if you fall short trying.

That's what the real Port Adelaide would do.

Or the "we expect teams to come back at us" crapola.

I hope the next coach is a genuine winner and good at articulating positive messages without trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back