Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

"It doesn't feel like externally that we're making inroads, but I think we are."

- Port Adelaide midfield coach, Josh Carr on set shots

đź“» SEN SA 1629

View attachment b_MeSrfC1uUyEBG4.mp4

Their excuse for Ken having his presser earlier was because the next day they were going to do a presser with Aliir for the Power Community match.

We all know the reason why, he didn't want to get asked the hard questions.
Yep. No offence to Allir, but the day before a potentially season and career defining clash, I want to be hearing from the Senior Coach.

For instance, I’d love to hear the justification behind Rioli being fit to play but instead being told to go run around on a shit-tip at Prospect Oval.

But as you said, it’s all about shielding Ken from scrutiny.

Imagine if the coordinated effort and planning that goes into protecting one individual was instead invested into the overall health of the club. We might have won three finals in nine years!

1994 is my fav of the modern era flags as well, 5-6 goals down at qtr time against a WWT team that was apparently on the verge of becoming a dynasty, but the Maggies kept plugging away to stay in touch and reduced the margin to something like a couple of goals at 3/4 time aided by a snap out of a pack by Stephen Williams just before the siren, and you could sense we were on a roll.

The Eagles wilted under the pressure, our midfield got well on top in the last qtr, Scott Hodges dominated, and we absolutely steam rolled them. :)
90, 94, 04 = for me. 77, 80 very close second. 1st year in after a Hinkley successor would be a big fu like 1990.

1994 is my fav of the modern era flags as well, 5-6 goals down at qtr time against a WWT team that was apparently on the verge of becoming a dynasty, but the Maggies kept plugging away to stay in touch and reduced the margin to something like a couple of goals at 3/4 time aided by a snap out of a pack by Stephen Williams just before the siren, and you could sense we were on a roll.

The Eagles wilted under the pressure, our midfield got well on top in the last qtr, Scott Hodges dominated, and we absolutely steam rolled them. :)

Haha how salty is the end of the match summary on wiki.

IMG_1448.jpeg

citation needed but the tears are real.

The beautiful thing about 1994 is that, having smashed us by 12 goals in the second semi final, the Eagles were confident enough to premake premiership T shirts - they apparently couldn't lose.

Last time we had a coach that wasn't ken Hinkley JHF had just turned 9 years old and Luke Power was still playing afl

"It doesn't feel like externally that we're making inroads, but I think we are."

đź“» SEN SA 1629

View attachment 2039274

'Externally' as though they have access to information we don't. There is only one way to assess goal kicking practice and it's 100% measurable and 100% public information for everyone to see. And it's not getting better, it's actually getting worse.

đź“» SEN SA 1629

View attachment 2039274

Is this guy starting to sound like hinkly???
This is what happens when you lock down talent and force them into the party line.
They are dictators Tredrea is showing signs of the same thing imo.
These rats at the top in Koch and hinkly need to be boo'd out of Alberton lock stock and barell!

If a new coach comes in, and takes Todd Marshall under his wing and says, "Son - I believe in you: you have my full backing", it'd do wonders for the kid's confidence. Who knows what sort of message the players are receiving at the moment - their confidence appears to be shot, and they desperately need a change of mentor.
Is Todd still dating Hinkley's daughter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Externally' as though they have access to information we don't. There is only one way to assess goal kicking practice and it's 100% measurable and 100% public information for everyone to see. And it's not getting better, it's actually getting worse.
We don't get distracted by outside noise like the scoreboard m8

Haha how salty is the end of the match summary on wiki.

View attachment 2039284

citation needed but the tears are real.

If this were true it must've meant we had the wind in that first quarter when W-WT kicked the first six goals. They must've doubled the order of champagne at that point.

Whateley and other media oxygen thieves would no doubt claim that good old Kenny laid the foundations, and his replacement was merely the recipient of the spoils
By this logic Hinkley is just a poor man's Matthew Primus.

Todd Marshall? OUR Todd Marshall?

The Highly paid professional grown man athlete who just needs someone to put their arm around human and whisper compliments into his ear so that he'll decide to go out there and play to his ability- that Todd Marshall?

I'd delist a player just for that under-playing lazy disinterested nonchalant attitude alone

Definitely one problem with Marshall is Hinkley tolerates his poor form, and I reckon he's been cuddled too much which hasn't worked. He needs a coach that will make him earn his spot, and if he still doesn't change then he simply shouldn't be a Port Adelaide footballer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back