Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this your thought? I would love to see but Schofield back but he moved back to WA for family reasons I don’t think he would come back, could be wrong.
He is the interim. I assume he will go for the main gig.

If he doesn't get it he will probably leave.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

On Footy Classified I think it was Caro thought it would be between Dean Cox, Jaymie Graham and Ash Hansen.

Honestly, the lack of a coherent thought in these media cheerleaders:

"This club needed a new coach. No coach in the history of sport has seen a record like that and survived," Cornes said."

Geez I can think of one

If we were a serious club we would be keeping a very close eye on how Schoey does in the big seat at WCE. We arent though.

Yes absolutely and aswell Simmo and Ash Hansen all brilliant tacticians that I would love at our club.

But our club doesn’t have the cojones to sack Ken.

Last edited:
On Footy Classified I think it was Caro thought it would be between Dean Cox, Jaymie Graham and Ash Hansen.

So much for Tom Morris throwing Josh Carr’s name in the hat.

Josh Carr coaching West Coast would be like Mark Bickley coaching Port. They'd want him sacked before he pulled on his first club polo.

It’s not extreme pessimism. It’s reality. It’s what we’ve seen from Ken time after time when the Bunsen burner is up the you know what? A consistent cycle of Ken doing enough to save himself, then we go back to play crap footy, and now mix that with an unfavourable set of fixtures, especially Carlton, Sydney, Melbourne, Showdown, and Freo, back to back to back. How can you look at those fixtures plus Gold Coast this week that haven’t lost at home + Dimma is gonna them going out like a bull in a chinashop, and how can I be optimistic and think yeah, we will beat the Suns in Gold Coast? It’s hard to go to grounds that are fortresses at the moment, like Gold Coast. Essendon, Collingwood, and others have gone up there and lost. It’s just like last year, when coming to the Adelaide Oval, it was a nightmare for the opposition, to the point where four opposition teams won against either us or the Crows at AO for the whole of last season: GWS x2, Collingwood x2, Richmond, and Sydney. So again, how can I be optimistic and think, yeah, we will win against Gold Coast?

The laws of probability! They are unaffected by both optimism and pessimism.

Deep down you know a loss is not certain, as if it were, you’d be throwing all of your savings on the opposition each week - free money.

Saying “I think we will win against GC” would be unwise, but “we have some chance of winning against GC, but I hope we lose so Ken gets sacked” is totally fair, reasonable, and understandable!

If you were an aspiring senior coach there is no way in hell you’d prefer the west coach job over port or even crows. They’ve got a very long road ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Josh Carr coaching West Coast would be like Mark Bickley coaching Port. They'd want him sacked before he pulled on his first club polo.

Exactly but once again great journalism from Tommy M

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The laws of probability! They are unaffected by both optimism and pessimism.

Deep down you know a loss is not certain, as if it were, you’d be throwing all of your savings on the opposition each week - free money.

Saying “I think we will win against GC” would be unwise, but “we have some chance of winning against GC, but I hope we lose so Ken gets sacked” is totally fair, reasonable, and understandable!

Are you blind to the cycle? Ken just does enough to safe his skin and once he saved himself like now with the win against the dogs, we go back to playing garbage like clockwork.

Most Port supporters on here see it.

Last edited:
Id take Bickley in a heartbeat at this point.

He has that certain special quality that is hard to put in to words. Actually quite easy to put in to words: "not Hinkley".

We conducted an extensive search and discovered Matthew lobbe was the best man for the job

1467300409-tommen.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back