Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
homer simpson GIF
They aren't that stupid or desperate.

I'd take pleasure in seeing Ken go o'er west and struggle, setting them back 2-3 years, and then getting unceremoniously run out of town.

I've heard in the past that Koch absolutely doesn't rate Ken and there was a period where he 'overpraised' Ken in the media as a backhanded insult to him and his supporters within.

You're fairly on the money here. One of the main reasons Koch gives Ken so much praise is because Ken has cracked the absolute shits whenever Koch criticised the footy program in public or private. It's why you haven't heard Koch say a bad thing about Ken and the coaching ever since the extension after the 2017 EF.

You're fairly on the money here. One of the main reasons Koch gives Ken so much praise is because Ken has cracked the absolute shits whenever Koch criticised the footy program in public or private. It's why you haven't heard Koch say a bad thing about Ken and the coaching ever since the extension after the 2017 EF.
I want to believe what you're peddling but the Koch/Hinkley dynamic you've described over time has been nonsensical.

I want to believe what you're peddling but the Koch/Hinkley dynamic you've described over time has been nonsensical.

It's only once I started getting information from certain people at the Club that I realised how wrong I (and the majority of this forum) were/are with regards to Koch and his involvement with Ken and the entire footy program. It's chalk and cheese compared to what we have thought it to be.

Ken has privately told people around him this year he wants his money owed on his current deal, but if Port tapped him on the shoulder, he'd class it as a "relief."

When he says he wants the job, the reality is he wants the money that comes with the job.
By his own admission he's just been going through the motions since 2016 and has only been in it for the money since then.

It's only once I started getting information from certain people at the Club that I realised how wrong I (and the majority of this forum) were/are with regards to Koch and his involvement with Ken and the entire footy program. It's chalk and cheese compared to what we have thought it to be.
I must admit I don't know anything about Koch. I've never met the guy but to me his work away from football related stuff has been very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Koch isn't all lovey-dovey with Hinkley, yet he has persisted. Why?

And the board still wants someone with that attitude in charge of 40+ young elite athletes?

If that's true then they really are derelict in their duty towards the club.
Koch and his board have known since at least 2017 that Hinkley is just going through the motions. That's OK though because stability.

Why do any of the 2017, 2021 and 2023 extensions if that is indeed the case.

Makes absolutely zero sense.
If your football committee recommends an extension (these are, after all, people put in place to make sound decisions join the interests of your club's football program), it would be quite a step to override them. Not impossible, nor unprecedented, but you might be looking for more than just a coach as a result.

If as its been said that committee includes thr CEO, GM Football, your effective 2ic on the board, ex players and an ex footy GM, you'd want to trust them.

Koch should be thinking about who sits on the footy committee almost as much as the coach right now

I am not questioning what you heard but then Koch would be a bigger fool than we thought. Knowing that he doesn't rate Hinkley and then extending, or backing the extension of Hinkley's contract, not once, not twice, not three times, but four times as a form of backhanded insult is so unbelievably senseless that it defies all logic.

If your football committee recommends an extension (these are, after all, people put in place to make sound decisions join the interests of your club's football program), it would be quite a step to override them. Not impossible, nor unprecedented, but you might be looking for more than just a coach as a result.

If as its been said that committee includes thr CEO, GM Football, your effective 2ic on the board, ex players and an ex footy GM, you'd want to trust them.

Koch should be thinking about who sits on the footy committee almost as much as the coach right now

If your football committee is telling you to extend Hinkley in August 2023, you start sacking and you don't stop sacking until everyone who voted to recommend that is gone.

Koch gets slammed on here because he can't read the tea leaves.

If he wants to prevent this from ever happening again, he can engineer the return of the board (or at least a majority vote) to the members. Then he can leave a hero and i'll start to listen to people who say he's actually good but his hands have been tied.

This all makes sense apart from 2017 was 7 years ago. They've given him 3 extensions in that time.

I can actually believe that Kochie is just a ineffectual chairman who would do more but is bullied by the other board members and Chris Davies, but he doesn't get a pass if he's failed to act for 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back