Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken has privately told people around him this year he wants his money owed on his current deal, but if Port tapped him on the shoulder, he'd class it as a "relief."

When he says he wants the job, the reality is he wants the money that comes with the job.

I can only hope he blows his entire retirement fund on dog racing. That or he chokes on a ham sandwich

So Ken wants his money above all else, but would be relieved if he got a tap on the shoulder (so he gets a good chunk of it and still walks away). Meanwhile Port seems to be waiting for him to walk, presumably to lessen the payout.

So basically nothing will happen, and we'll all continue to suffer.

r/AmITheAsshole

My (68m, AFL club chairman) head coach (57m) gets really angry every time I try to raise his long term poor performance. When we lost to Brisbane he punched a wall and asked me if I really felt I knew more about it than Charlie Dixon and that if I had a problem I could go and tell Charlie he's a liar to his face.

We've won 2 finals in 10 years and I asked if we could sack him but the other board members told me we're not allowed to pay out a contract and I just feel like that's heaps unfair given North and St Kilda were allowed to sack their coaches and i've worked really hard to sorting out our finances. I'm somewhat of a financial guru but whenever I bring it up Kevin Osborn tells me i'm only good at finance "for a morning TV presenter" and Cos Cardone lures me outside of the boardroom by saying the Cash Cow has come to visit and then goes back inside and locks the door.

Last time his contract came up Chris Davies said I have to extend it and I said I didn't want to and he kept calling me "bitch" and told me he'd tell Caro to call me a pedo on Footy Classified if I messed with the syndicate again. Ken invited me over to his house to talk about it but I think it's a setup because last time Donna held me upside down and flushed my head in the toilet until I agreed on a new contract.

The supporters seem pretty mad but I don't really have to worry about them because I live in Sydney lol so I just sort of pretend they don't exist and it's going fine.

AITA for expecting these people to perform in their jobs? It doesn't really cost me anything if they don't but I feel like I got the finances right and they promised they'd get the on-field stuff right but I don't remember the last time I heard someone use the word premiership around the club and they get really pissy if I mention it.

I’ve just checked in here pretty hopeful after Biden stepped down as he finally acknowledged what was best for his party and country.

But sadly Ken doesn’t give a crap about Port Adelaide or the supporters. Damn.
We'd probably get a better game plan under Kamala Harris too ;).

This all makes sense apart from 2017 was 7 years ago. They've given him 3 extensions in that time.

I can actually believe that Kochie is just a ineffectual chairman who would do more but is bullied by the other board members and Chris Davies, but he doesn't get a pass if he's failed to act for 7 years.

Since that ridiculous 2017 extension he's only been extended twice - in early 2021 and then August 2023.

The Board in 2021 only wanted to extend Ken's contract by a year to the end of 2022, but Richo had just become CEO and wanted a strong show of faith in the coach, pushing for a 2 year extension, which the Board agreed to.

The August extension was something that not even I can explain simply because I have yet to get to the bottom of the exact story as to why they did it in August - I can only speculate on that front and I have a few ideas which I've mentioned previously on this forum.

The 2017 extension completely screwed things up because they were locked in to a coach they couldn't get rid of because they couldn't afford the payout in both 2018 and 2019. Again couldn't afford the payout in 2022. The extension in 2023 was ridiculous though, no one outside of Hinkley's biggest supporters would suggest otherwise.

Hopefully West Coast come through and absolve Port of paying the remainder of his contract.

Surely West Coast aren't stupid enough to sack a 48 year old coach who in 10 years took them to two Grand Finals and won them a flag with a 57 year old who has coached a rival club for 12 years without even making a Grand Final. :think:
We can only hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of whether or not there is any truth to this rumour, spare a thought for West Ciast Eagles fans right now. Devastating.
hqdefault.jpg

I reckon he needs to win a final to coach next year. The West Coast stuff is crazytownbananapants.

Yeah, I mean, if he struggles with the pressure of coaching Port in Adelaide, he’d melt like a wax jockstrap at West Crowst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back