Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're fairly on the money here. One of the main reasons Koch gives Ken so much praise is because Ken has cracked the absolute shits whenever Koch criticised the footy program in public or private. It's why you haven't heard Koch say a bad thing about Ken and the coaching ever since the extension after the 2017 EF.

Makes sense with Kochs call for Tredrea to get down and 'learn' about the footy club.

Need a chasers war on Hinkley where people just randomly boo him wherever he goes and drive him out.

I'm all for it's 7 years past time for Ken to go. Koch has totally confused cause and effect. Stability is an effect of success not a cause. Doing the same thing over and over again leads to the same results. Most people are sharp enough to try something different when the same thing does not deliver.

I do, however, think Ken would be good for West Coast. He is not a bad coach as his overall winning percentage shows - he just lacks the mongrel (or something) to take the final steps. West Coast are a long way from those final steps and Ken would help them with the first steps - the way he did at Port. I doubt they would keep him on in perpetuity thereafter like Koch seems to want.

I'm all for it's 7 years past time for Ken to go. Koch has totally confused cause and effect. Stability is an effect of success not a cause. Doing the same thing over and over again leads to the same results. Most people are sharp enough to try something different when the same thing does not deliver.

I do, however, think Ken would be good for West Coast. He is not a bad coach as his overall winning percentage shows - he just lacks the mongrel (or something) to take the final steps. West Coast are a long way from those final steps and Ken would help them with the first steps - the way he did at Port. I doubt they would keep him on in perpetuity thereafter like Koch seems to want.

I suspect it's that fear of failure approach he has that doesn't allow us to win those big games. Finals are scary.

Contrast that to Jack Cahill who chased success like a .... like a... like a greyhound chases a lure! :D

Jack coached to win, not to not lose.

I don't think Hinkley is a good coach. A middling win/loss record isn't enough. He's presided over the total destruction of our culture, and from what Chewy is saying about Koch, that culture is entirely Hinkley driven.

He's poison. It's not worth winning 12.5 games a season.

Still a lot to play out this year and I do not want to jump the gun with a doomsday scenario, but if Port don’t make finals or fail to win a final this season it will give us a return of two final wins the last 10 years. Not ideal when we were aiming for three Flags in five years according to the regime.:)

My quick glance at the stats if correct (so i am probably wrong) would have Adelaide, Brisbane, Collingwood, Geelong, GWS, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Richmond,Sydney, Western Bulldogs and West Coast as all winning more finals than Port in this time frame.

So not only has the majority of the League made a GF since Hinkley has been Coach, most the competition has won more finals than us in the last 10 years. This includes a GF or Flag for three of the four teams that finished below Port when Hinkley took over and teams with more final wins than Port the last decade that have also managed to finish bottom.

Carlton, Freo and North have also won two finals in the last 10 years. You would think Carlton and Freo are well placed to win a final this year as well to jump above Port.

Thank goodness for our stability.

It's quite amazing how many posts, pages and threads we've had about sacking Hinkley. I don't think other team supporter bases are just aware of how much our fans have been suffering until they take a closer look than what the media have been portraying us as.

I'm just glad that this is almost all over.

Why would West Coast waste time on a coach like Hinkley knowing that they are going to have to go through the whole process again in a few years? He may be good for a couple of rebuilding seasons but he's not the guy for the longer term. They'd be better off trying someone new from the get go.

Once Hinkley is finally done at Port I can't see him getting another head coach job anywhere in the AFL. He was past his use by date seven years ago.

Last edited:
Thank goodness for our stability.
Lol remember when they were going on about stability and then went on about trajectory

When we had just finished ~10th four out of five years

Why would West Coast waste time on a couch like Hinkley knowing that they are going to have to go through the whole process again in a few years? He may be good for a couple of rebuilding seasons but he's not the guy for the longer term. They'd be better off trying someone new from the get go.

Once Hinkley is finally done at Port I can't see him getting another head coach job anywhere in the AFL. He was past his use by date seven years ago.

I would not be so sure. Hinkley is a Victorian and outside of losing finals and a shit game plan his win/loss record is not too bad. Hinkley has a win record of 59.6% which is better than Clarkson, Hardwick, Lyon, Goodwin or Kingsley. You can never tell as Ross Lyon despite his shortcomings and lack of success seems to keep getting gigs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he's even a good rebuild coach. He inherited a lot of good players that were wilting away in a rotten system, with a coach who was out his depth, with hardly any support or fitness regime to speak of. The player who he inherited benefitted from a fully funded on field programme, and a fitness expert who got them outrunning teams. Hinkley did play a role in that he instituted the run and gun, never give up style of play in the first two years. But realising this wasn't enough, he'd simply been patching up the squad with missing puzzles. He always got the players required from list managers and was kissed by fortune by landing Rozee, Butters and Dursma, who seemed to be ready made players from day one. I maintain that if you give him a list like North Melbourne's or the current crop of WCE young players without senior support they'd be stuck down the bottom for more years than you can shake a stick at. Because remember, if he plays the younger, more inexperienced players, "I guarantee that the score would have been much worse."

In conclusion, he would be a perfect fit for West Coast Eagles. Please take him... NOW, don't wait, PLEASE.

The Greyhound racing is actually probably why ken won't go to west coast. He'll get the sack end-of-season, then do greyhounds full time.

It's quite amazing how many posts, pages and threads we've had about sacking Hinkley. I don't think other team supporter bases are just aware of how much our fans have been suffering until they take a closer look than what the media have been portraying us as.

No, West Coast supporters think we are a toxic, insufferable bunch. Would love them to get Hinkley but it won’t happen sadly.

The WCE fans have developed a better understanding pretty quick lol

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Ken is a clown coach who has somehow managed a grift never seen before, everything fell his way at that right moment to keep his grift going....holy f""" 13 in row, also carried by the brilliance of R.Gray

On the flip side, imagine what Robbie's career could have looked like if he was managed by an elite coach?

What's staggering is the collective non-port view of Hinkley managing to so effectively ignore all the times we've been poor. An entire half a decade between 2015-2019 where we made the finals once for an elimination final loss. For most coaches that 5 year block alone would be more than enough to be out the door.

"But in 2020 and 2021 you were in the top 4 and almost made a grand final!"

Ok, 2020 is the asterisk of all asterisk season, and we still never genuinely felt like winning that prelim. That's arguably kernys best season. A once in a lifetime pandemic with no crowds, shortened quarters, and quarantines.

2021 was possibly the worst prelim final performance in the history of the AFL.

Yet on the back of these 2 seasons + 2 seasons over a decade ago, we're supposed to deduce stinkley is a master coach. And the other 8 seasons never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back