Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pykey would be going, hang on, I got my team to a grand final in my second year, then was given the arse 2 years later for finishing 12th and 11th.. how the feck do you still have a job?

I absolutely agree but to play devils advocate. Pykey could also think will we suck. The next 2 to 5 years the pressure will be off. Bring in Ken we can put up with his bullshit and antics, he lays the foundations down, makes finals, then give the keys to the next coach

I absolutely agree but to play devils advocate. Pykey could also think will we suck. The next 2 to 5 years the pressure will be off. Bring in Ken we can put up with his bullshit and antics, he lays the foundations down, makes finals, then give the keys to the next coach
If they let him in, he will never allow them to let him go.

His media mates will put the blow-torch to the club and push the idea that THIS TIME he will be able to get over the finished line and he needs the chance to try.

His media mates will put the blow-torch to the club and push the idea that THIS TIME he will be able to get over the finished line and he needs the chance to try.

I understand totally what you mean, but the WA media is a whole different kettle of fish to the rest of Australia, esp SA.

Look how they treated Adam Simpson in his final couple of years as coach of the Eagles (even if his time was probably up at the end of 2021-2 ish)

I get the feeling the Eagles will appoint Ash Hansen at any rate

I also reckon unless Port make at least the Grand Final this year, Ken is out too.

The whole Hinkley to Eaglea rumour seems like one massive smokescreen/PR hatchet job, probably put out by sneaky Ken and his cunning management/agent

The Eagles despite their current lowly ladder position are too intelligent a footy club to be sucked in by Rodent Ken and his manipulation tactics (which he uses far more than many Victorian/Neutral supporters realize)

They (the media) can push that agenda all they like. West Coast has **** you money, something that Port doesn't. West Coast can put up with his antics and get rid of him whenever they like, again something we don’t. Only this year can we financially absorb sacking Ken and still be able to be debt-free by the end of next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He just doesn't strike me as a WC coach. They have traditionally headhunted younger coaches from a winning background and he is nothing like that.

They haven't traditionally been in the position they're in now. He's the right fit IMO.

Played a few holes with Andy Porplysia today. Had to leave didn’t get to talk SANFL. For what it’s worth, he is a Hinkley fan, thinks he’s doing a good job, touch competition and helped raise us from our death bed.

Refused to believe me we have only won 2 finals in 10 years 😂 reminded me how we destroyed Richmond in that final, I said yeah that was amazing in 2014, he wouldn’t believe it was that long ago 😂

I decided to let it go.
Sounds to me like he's actually a Crows supporter, perhaps the influence of his relative playing for them in a decade or 2 ago.

I don't think I believe the whole 'Hinkley is a great rebuild coach' thing anymore. He was back in 2013-2014, yes, but he was a completely different coach and person back then. Results anside, we've all spent the last however many years lamenting the damage his methods have done to our culture, and culture is just about the #1 thing a rebuilding coach needs to get right.

If he can reset back to the motivated driver of standards he was 12 years ago, then sure, he'll be good for West Coast even if he doesn't win a flag. But I expect the more likely scenario is he goes there for one final payday and spends it gaslighting the Eagles board and fans into keeping their expectations low to keep his personal gravy train flowing, the same way he's done here.

I don't think I believe the whole 'Hinkley is a great rebuild coach' thing anymore. He was back in 2013-2014, yes, but he was a completely different coach and person back then. Results anside, we've all spent the last however many years lamenting the damage his methods have done to our culture, and culture is just about the #1 thing a rebuilding coach needs to get right.

If he can reset back to the motivated driver of standards he was 12 years ago, then sure, he'll be good for West Coast even if he doesn't win a flag. But I expect the more likely scenario is he goes there for one final payday and spends it gaslighting the Eagles board and fans into keeping their expectations low to keep his personal gravy train flowing, the same way he's done here.

I think his greatest strength is getting players to feel good about themselves. He creates an environment where they enjoy coming to 'work' and it motivates performance to a certain level.

The problem is, this is a high performance industry. Other teams are driving higher standards and going to mental places that our team isn't going to. We just turn up and do our best and if we lose then that's fine. That will get you around the mark but you'll never be the best.

I think his greatest strength is getting players to feel good about themselves. He creates an environment where they enjoy coming to 'work' and it motivates performance to a certain level.

The problem is, this is a high performance industry. Other teams are driving higher standards and going to mental places that our team isn't going to. We just turn up and do our best and if we lose then that's fine. That will get you around the mark but you'll never be the best.

This contradicts a lot of what you hear regarding how there are cliques, and if you're not in that clique you tread on eggshells and play with fear of failure.

I feel it used to be his strength, but he hasn't been that guy for a long time.

This contradicts a lot of what you hear regarding how there are cliques, and if you're not in that clique you tread on eggshells and play with fear of failure.

I feel it used to be his strength, but he hasn't been that guy for a long time.
Why have Hinkley and his bullsh*t enabler Davies allowed to remain at the club and fester like sepsis or a cancerous tumour? Where has Port Adelaide gone and is it gone forever?

He went from "we will never give up" to "it's a tough competition and someone has to lose".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back