Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

My personal ideal coaching setup after Ken is gone:

• Josh Carr as the senior coach (Yes I know his midfield system has been beaten, but actually acknowledging how the fans feel about the club is something we need from a coach right now)
  • Brett Montgomery to RETURN and become the senior assistant (Which we haven't had since Michael Voss left)
  • Jarred Schofield to RETURN and reprise his roll as the midfield assistant
  • As much as i hate to say it Goldsack and Chadbro get 1 more year in their respective roles. While we've failed in big games I actually think their systems have been ok and we were top 3 attack last year and top 3 defense this year.
  • Get Paddy Ryder back as a rucks development to replace Matthew Lobbe.
  • F--k off Hartlett & Sutcliffe alltogether

Montgomery will not return - there's a reason he only lasts a few seasons everywhere he goes. Don't count on it with Schofield either.

Goldsack will remain defensive coach under Carr. Expect Chad to move into a development role.

Yeah, my worst nightmare, not only losing the Grand Final but having Hinkley stick around with a possible trigger extension would finish me I reckon.

He only gets an extension if they win the flag. Has nothing to do with only making the grand final.

Montgomery will not return - there's a reason he only lasts a few seasons everywhere he goes. Don't count on it with Schofield either.

Goldsack will remain defensive coach under Carr. Expect Chad to move into a development role.
Just get rid of Cornes. He adds no value and is a narcissist. Plus he feeds info to Kane.

Just get rid of Cornes. He adds no value and is a narcissist. Plus he feeds info to Kane.

He doesn't. Kane gets his info directly from the source.

That figurehead comment last night, what a croc of shit he has been the one common thread through these disastrous finals campaigns and he sticks with these players who continually let us down they are HIS decisions.
The tall ship Port Adelaide Football Club under full sail heading directly for the rocks.

ken figurehead.jpg

The Footy Committee and Koch will schedule an emergency Teams meeting for Monday night.
imagine getting sacked over microsoft teams lmao

The one thing I won't be doing is breaking any news on here about his departure until he has been given the news from the horse's mouth. After that, it's fair game.
I figured you wouldn't even need to tell us early or anything at all now - his sacking is clearly imminent & there's plenty of John Ralph / Tom Morris types out there who'd break the news pretty early too. Coach sackings don't stay secret for long.

I figured you wouldn't even need to tell us early - plenty of John Ralph / Tom Morris types out there who'd break the news pretty early too. Coach sackings don't stay secret for long.

"Ken - you're on mute"

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rucci article this week will be hilarious 😂

Remember that one from a couple years ago where he waxed lyrical about Chris Scott coming out and saying Ken is a wonderful coach who he respects very much and blah blah blah.

Ah yes, the same Chris Scott who at that time had beaten our brains in 5 or 6 times at Adelaide Oval (and the Gabba), and was 100% perfect against us at Kardinia Park and the MCG?

I bet he thinks Kenny is absolutely fantastic — even moreso after Thursday night.

His annual birthday wish would be that Ken stays as Port’s glass ceiling forever.

What did he say? Is there a link anywhere?
Just on SEN crunch time. He had a go at the players first (fair enough) but then admitted that it’s unlikely Ken can go on given a loss Friday or not making a GF.

The impassionate defence of his childhood hero was completely missing.

Dare we suggest Choco coming back? His work has been impeccable everywhere he has gone. I feel like its time if Carr takes over. I dont think he or we will do it though.

Remember that one from a couple years ago where he waxed lyrical about Chris Scott coming out and saying Ken is a wonderful coach who he respects very much and blah blah blah.

Ah yes, the same Chris Scott who at that time had beaten our brains in 5 or 6 times at Adelaide Oval (and the Gabba), and was 100% perfect against us at Kardinia Park and the MCG?

I bet he thinks Kenny is absolutely fantastic — even moreso after Thursday night.

His annual birthday wish would be that Ken stays as Port’s glass ceiling forever.
Chris Scott on Fox Footy explaining his game plan and why it was going to work BEFORE THE MATCH reminded me of Larry Bird's infamous trash talk.

Kevin Gamble: He would run by you and say, “I told you, mother****er. I told you I was going to do that.”

I posted this fact on Sack Hinkley 11.

For all the crap that legacy media that the media levels at the fanbase, they have no problem taking their talking points from here, in a roundabout way.

The Cornes Industrial Complex has fully infiltrated this club. Kane actually has the power to end Hinkley's career but won't because it would upset his brother too much. Pathetic.

The post match presser reminded me Hinkley’s ’taking the blame’ for playing an injured Rozee earlier in the season, only to say, in the next breath, that Connor had put himself forward for selection.

Ken said on Thursday that it’s a whole club failure. He is right but once again he abdicates blame. You’re well paid to get this club to a grand final - that failing is on you. Don’t have the players, ask for them. Don’t have the coaches, ask for them. Don’t have the fitness staff, dietitian, psychologist, whatever - ask for them. Ken it’s on you mate - take some bloody responsibility.

I figured you wouldn't even need to tell us early or anything at all now - his sacking is clearly imminent & there's plenty of John Ralph / Tom Morris types out there who'd break the news pretty early too. Coach sackings don't stay secret for long.

Well I suspect he'd be sacked via a phone call from CD - he won't be on the Teams meeting with the Footy Committee.

It depends on how quickly the news will get out once Ken is gone. I've been told plenty of news from the Club that doesn't break for a day or two by the media. But granted, given the significance of the news, it probably won't take long to get out to the media.

But you just don't know. I once had a reporter at the Advertiser ask me to keep them in the loop on what was a big deal going down at the Club, and they wanted to be the news breakers of this announcement. I was never going to get back to this reporter because the information would have been easily been traced back to the source, but I found out about the news around 530pm one evening, and there would have been at least 20 odd people at the Club who knew the news, and a few people external to the Club, and some of these people are involved in the media, and even then the news didn't break until the next morning around 10am and was a Club written press release.

The Club know when to keep their mouths shut at the right time.

Well I suspect he'd be sacked via a phone call from CD - he won't be on the Teams meeting with the Footy Committee.

It depends on how quickly the news will get out once Ken is gone. I've been told plenty of news from the Club that doesn't break for a day or two by the media. But granted, given the significance of the news, it probably won't take long to get out to the media.

But you just don't know. I once had a reporter at the Advertiser ask me to keep them in the loop on what was a big deal going down at the Club, and they wanted to be the news breakers of this announcement. I was never going to get back to this reporter because the information would have been easily been traced back to the source, but I found out about the news around 530pm one evening, and there would have been at least 20 odd people at the Club who knew the news, and a few people external to the Club, and some of these people are involved in the media, and even then the news didn't break until the next morning around 10am and was a Club written press release.

The Club know when to keep their mouths shut at the right time.
Would love to know how you fit in at port but no point in asking cos ya ain't gonna tell me lol

I can keep a secret 😉 but Anyways... I'm hoping what your saying is true 🤔 because you give me hope.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back