Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As good as it may sound, Hinkley to Wet Toast, he has to be be sacked from Port first, believe when I see it.

Doesn't have to be sacked necessarily.

If West Coast wants Hinkley (and the noise from this story isn't just coming from Blucher), the most likely scenario will be that Hinkley is informed by West Coast he will get the job provided he goes through a sit down sham interview (a formality). Blucher on behalf of Hinkley then informs Port Adelaide that West Coast wants his client's services and he wishes to be released from the remainder of his contract at Port Adelaide subject to passing the interview.

Said interview happens, Hinkley passes it, contracts are sorted etc.

Then a media release from Port comes out saying Port and Hinkley are having a mutual parting of ways, "we thank Ken for his time at our Club etc ..." And then within a few hours (1 day at the most) West Coast will formally announced that Hinkley is their new coach.

This is a scenario that allows all parties to get to their desired end points without having to officially sack anyone. And at this point it is a very realistic outcome.

If West Coast wants Hinkley (and the noise from this story isn't just coming from Blucher), the most likely scenario will be that Hinkley is informed by West Coast he will get the job provided he goes through a sit down sham interview (a formality). Blucher on behalf of Hinkley then informs Port Adelaide that West Coast wants his client's services and he wishes to be released from the remainder of his contract at Port Adelaide subject to passing the interview.

Then a media release from Port comes out saying Port and Hinkley are having a mutual parting of ways, "we thank Ken for his time at our Club etc ..." And then within a few hours (1 day at the most) West Coast will formally announced that Hinkley is their new coach.

This is a scenario that allows all parties to get to their desired end points without having to officially sack anyone. And at this point it is a very realistic outcome.
That's very detailed Chewy316 . Nice.

Ideal scenario for all
Lock it in Eddie !

I Hope Please GIF

Can you please coordinate this personally to ensure it happens?

be still my beating heart

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope this happens but I just don't think Ken will go west, he needs a job in the AFL some where but I think his coaching days are over.

How will Donna feel about a move west? Personally I think Ken will head back to Victoria, just my opinion.

If Bevo is moved on from the Dogs, I could see Ken taking that opportunity, it's closer to home and he still believes he's got a premiership in him, the only thing, he doesn't like to be in the big smoke.

Hopefully it will turn out the way you said but Ken and WC, i'm not so sure, it has positives like he has coached in a 2 team town before and there will be no expectation of finals for a few years.

The WC job does suit an older established coach, for a young up and coming coach it will be a coach killer, sort of like Dew at GC.

The only problem with this scenario is that West Coast are not going to hire Hinkley as their next senior coach.

The only problem with this scenario is that West Coast are not going to hire Hinkley as their next senior coach.

And in the event that West Coast hire someone else, Port will at some point between next weekend and a few days after the conclusion of their season announce that the Club and Hinkley are having a mutual parting of ways, and depending on how they want the optics to look, there's a strong chance they may even announce Carr as the new coach in said announcement.

I said a short time ago 95% chance Ken is gone by the end of the year. I would put that number even higher now.

i cant see Don Pyke ever thinking Ken being their prefered choice as he pants him pretty much in every showdown, but he could do us a huge favor by thinking Ken's a good fit for 3 years while they rebuild, the only problem might be is that he knows Kens modus operandi it to befriend the playing group as a means to a contract extension, Ken learned a long time ago the best way to have longevity in the coaching ranks has nothing to do with performance but my manipulation. This might scare Don off

I think his greatest strength is getting players to feel good about themselves. He creates an environment where they enjoy coming to 'work' and it motivates performance to a certain level.

The problem is, this is a high performance industry. Other teams are driving higher standards and going to mental places that our team isn't going to. We just turn up and do our best and if we lose then that's fine. That will get you around the mark but you'll never be the best.
Nah, maybe "back then" he was useful but he couldn't coach a patty from a cows arse nowadays

Deep in my secret heart there's the faintest hope that Chewy is just trolling us.

We as a supporter base have been through so much hell regarding Hinkley - I would never do anything to pour fuel on that fire.

If things suddenly turn and for whatever reason he stays, I will be the first to put my hand up and say I got it wrong. But that will mean that people in high places will have made a 180 degree turn to the current thinking.

I want the satisfaction of a sacking

We all deserve it after all these years of suffering

A mutual parting of ways where he doesn't get a job elsewhere is the closest thing you'll get to a sacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back