Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

"Port Adelaide assistant coach Chad Cornes said the group is confident it can turn things around following its Qualifying Final loss to Geelong on Thursday night.

Describing the loss as an ‘aberration’, Cornes said he expects a strong response this Friday night, when the club takes on Hawthorn."

Chad it's not an aberration you dolt. Look at our finals record. It's the norm.

Can we ship this guy out the door with Hinkley? Great player, passionate, but too dim to be a coach. And I'm not just talking about this comment (which is him putting on a brave public face - can't blame him for that). But he's always seemed too dim to coach.

Have you guys considered Nathan Buckley as replacement coach?
I'd consider Rod as a replacement.

om8cvAcf_400x400.jpg

Why do people obsess with "wHO arE YoU gONna GEt?" This thread is about sacking the most unsuccessful coach in V/AFL history. There's another thread for discussing replacements

After Port beat Fremantle in round 24 to secure 2nd spot - Ken was seen as a superhero.
Where were the Hinkley haters then?

If you are genuinely interested and not just trolling, which I highly doubt, have a read of this thread from this page. It’s from the day that we beat Fremantle. 100 pages ago.

Hinkley is a dud a baboon would have a better game plan
Glasses Reading GIF

Anyone who was involved in the 2023 extension should be fired. There really should be no question about that. The most obvious terrible decision in the club's history.
2017 was worse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Scott is the best coach in the game, he often makes other coaches appear out of their depth.
Look at his record against Clarkson for instance.
Have you got a death wish Taper I would **** off and don't come back until a week after Hinkley is sacked when it will be safe for you.

Let's say that Port decide to terminate Hinkley's employment.
Who do you suggest replacing him with? The coaching market is relatively thin when it comes to available quality at the moment.
It's why Richmond ended up with Yze who is a dud.
Look Taper I am sure you are a good bloke but please just taper off.

Who do you suggest replacing him with? The coaching market is relatively thin when it comes to available quality at the moment.
From everything I’ve heard the entire point they bought back Carr is to replace Hinkley so I think he’s the obvious choice.

If the club went with your logic we’ll be in year 30 with Kenny and still say “who ya gonna get”?

When Koch says "we looked at the data" what he means is "Ken told me he wanted to coach on and the thought of having a hard conversation with him made my tummy hurt"
He means that this is good enough for us. We are at where we are supposed to be. This is how the board sees it.

You can make of that what you will.

After Port beat Fremantle in round 24 to secure 2nd spot - Ken was seen as a superhero.
Where were the Hinkley haters then?
We were all waiting to for September to unravel, knowing that the Con-Artist yet again got the rest of the competition fooled.

Terrible point, same people said the same thing about Leon Cameron at Giants. Now Kingsley is in and is playing an attractive brand of football which took them to PF in their first year could do the same yet again.

Clarko was replaced by his assistant who's doing a better job now. Buckley was replaced by McRae who was not even at the club in Bucks' last year.

Hardwick couldn't do much in his last year with that Richmond list and he's a triple premiership coach. What on earth did you expect Yze to do in his first year?

At this point we should rename the thread from sack Hinckley to "Q&A with Chewy"

Hahaha! This is great.

Mods, can we separate Chewey’s post into a separate thread?

Alternatively, Chewy316, could you start one? 🙂

I think it’s deserving.

If you are genuinely interested and not just trolling, which I highly doubt, have a read of this thread from this page. It’s from the day that we beat Fremantle. 100 pages ago.

Look Taper I am sure you are a good bloke but please just taper off.

It was a great troll by Taper. I don’t mind it at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back