Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we beat Swans, Dees & Crows the Freo match would be inconsequential, we would already have top 4 locked. It would just be a matter of position in the 4.

Far from it. Plenty of scenarios where 15 wins will only get 5th or 6th spot this season.

If Port win the flag this year (ridiculously unlikely) every single one of you would be up and about. You're absolutely kidding yourself if you say that you wouldn't be frothing, regardless who's running the joint.

i'm too tired to froth mate

I was convinced of that, until this year, when I sat through the Geelong, Hawthorn and Carlton games, etc without any excitement. I'm not saying I definitely wont get into it if we make a GF, but I am saying it feels different now, and investing myself into our fortunes has proven such a waste of time that I'm not even sure if I could do it if we made the GF anymore, as I don't believe in a million years we'd actually win it. So why believe in something when in your mind, there is no chance.

We need a new coach to change things up and open up the desire to want to believe in hope again.
It's like opening a centrefold and not being able to crack a boner. It's just wrong.

Any likelihood of David Teague for forwards coach next season?
Has been successful in that role with Crows, Tigers and Blues, even if those sides weren't successful.
We would be a higher scoring side at the very least.
Nah, Chad Corns is doing a stellar job, we'd be fools to lose his IP, and his sexy muscles.

If we jagged a flag, Kane, Gerard, Rucc would be insufferable.

My fear is this culture that Ken and the admin have fostered would be here to stay, it'd be vindicated. Weird to say considering it's resulted in a flag, but I really believe in the long run it would do more damage than good.

The club has lost a big part of it's soul over the last decade.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was convinced of that, until this year, when I sat through the Geelong, Hawthorn and Carlton games, etc without any excitement. I'm not saying I definitely wont get into it if we make a GF, but I am saying it feels different now, and investing myself into our fortunes has proven such a waste of time that I'm not even sure if I could do it if we made the GF anymore, as I don't believe in a million years we'd actually win it. So why believe in something when in your mind, there is no chance.

We need a new coach to change things up and open up the desire to want to believe in hope again.
Look at it another way - is there a negative aspect to bringing in a new coach? I'm struggling to think of one.

I'm irrationally annoyed at how the commentators talked up how great Ken is and how close the season is as he got us to 2nd, when a loss could of had us 11th.

What actually happened is we started the round in 7th place and ended in 7th.
Brother, the AFL own the reporters, the coaches, and the clubs. They will manufacture an opinion that ensures no criticism comes to the administrators and businessmen who run the game.

Far from it. Plenty of scenarios where 15 wins will only get 5th or 6th spot this season.
Conservatively, assuming teams that should win actually do so, and we only drop one game for the rest of the year, I can only get us as high as 5/6/7th on %. If we win every game then double chance and away first week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What bizarre world are we now living in? We shook off a rabble Tiggers outfit after 3 quarters when Nankervis went off. We were 5 goals down to Carlton off a 5 day break with a few injuries, most importantly DeKoning because Sweet dominated Pitonnet returning from a long lay off. They could not raise a gallop in the 2nd half.
We're now talking flags? 🤔😂

Last edited:
What bizarre world are we now living in? We shook off a rabble Tiggers outfit after 3 quarters when Nankervis went off. We were 5 goals down to Carlton off a 5 day break with a few injuries, most importantly DeKoning because Sweet dominated Pitonnet returning from a long lay off. They could not raise a gallop in the 2nd half.
We're now we're talking flags? 🤔😂
If ever there will be a Bradbury premiership this might well be the year. Saying that, I'm sure it won't be us. Might be time for another Melbourne September miracle but will it be #freekickhawthorn or #freekickbulldogs

Last edited:
We're now we're talking flags?

I know right

But the seas just always seem to part for Ken........just enough that he isn't sacked, then they cascade in a complete tsunami of piss on us supporters following behind.

I know right

But the seas just always seem to part for Ken........just enough that he isn't sacked, then they cascade in a complete tsunami of piss on us supporters following behind.

I just love the way Hinkley lovers continually spew forth with, "Where are the Hinkley haters now?", as if we've been put firmly in our place. Fact is, we won't truly be proven wrong until Ken actually wins something.

My problem is this club has broken me completely this year, that instead of hoping I'm wrong about Hinkley I've 100% embraced it and I'm actively hoping we'll lose every week. As such I've been disappointed in the last couple wins (Dogs & Blues) as the sugar hits mean zero, even if the Carlton game was exactly what us fans have been asking for. So if we made and won a GF from here, I'm not sure if I'd be too numb to enjoy it in any way, or I'd be so incredibly emotional as the relief of 20 years of waiting hits. Either way I'm 100% confident we aren't winning a flag anyway, so not something we'll need to worry about.

The concern of course is just Hinkley doing enough to stave off sacking again. That's the part we can't afford. So however shit we need to be to finally get a change happening is what I'm all in on.

Oh yeah. It’ll never be the same for me. I’m just here for hilarious outcomes.

I just love the way Hinkley lovers continually spew forth with, "Where are the Hinkley haters now?", as if we've been put firmly in our place. Fact is, we won't truly be proven wrong until Ken actually wins something.

Like Kane with his insta comment on the PAFC post after the dogs win "no booing today?"

We then preceded to get done by GC.

No comment from Kane after that one.

Is he the most unsuccessful 400 gamer in VFL/AFL history?
Well it depends how you determine success, but no matter how you slice it probably no is the answer. This is from a few months ago:

1722246282882.png

At 400 he has already gone past Harvey, and given we are likely to play finals now he should go past Olliver as well this year to take a top 5 spot.

If he does coach out next season he will also go past Stephen in to 4th spot on the biggest losers of all time list.

Worth noting of course that Bucks has a SNAFL flag in 1992, which is considerably more than the others have achieved. So I'd say Lyon is probably the biggest loser of all time, with his greatest achievement outside of losing GFs, being the AFL Coach of the Year meme in 2009. Of course early in his tenure at the Saints there is still a remote chance for him to change his legacy.

We're not even enough of a fairytale story to get any extra "assistance" from the league like Melbourne and the Bulldogs did.

We'll get absolutely smashed in an elimination final by a side we beat during the season.

Maybe if the footy gods are merciful we'll get a Freo vs GWS GF. Port aren't winning shit.

We're now talking flags?

I get the feeling that Sydney is gonna put us back down to reality.

If Port win the flag this year (ridiculously unlikely) every single one of you would be up and about. You're absolutely kidding yourself if you say that you wouldn't be frothing, regardless who's running the joint.

I've watched a combined total of maybe 3 quarters of AFL this year. I really just don't give a f**k anymore. I do enjoy this thread though and find it difficult to stay away at times.

We're not even enough of a fairytale story to get any extra "assistance" from the league like Melbourne and the Bulldogs did.

We'll get absolutely smashed in an elimination final by a side we beat during the season.

Maybe if the footy gods are merciful we'll get a Freo vs GWS GF. Port aren't winning shit.

Keep an eye on the Hawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back