Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This feels like when we beat the dogs to then face them in the finals and got flogged.
Finals is what matters most and Hinkley hasn't proven anything yet
A mate said to me this morning, "True Port fans don't tolerate 10 year premiership droughts", and we've officially doubled that figure for the first time in the club's history, thanks to Hinkley and his enablers. As good as Saturday night was, far bigger challenges await in the coming weeks.

I suspect you’re right.

To mimic Port’s motivational genius, we’ve started a “Sack Horse” thread.

I am here to learn from the best.
So to mimic certain bellends in the media (and many on the main board on bigfooty), if Sydney turns their form around from here, Horse should be rewarded with a new contract?

Don't forget that finals are scary and we don't have a good enough list. I'm sure more excuses will come out when the time comes.

Oh and my favourite. I wouldn't change anything after the bulldogs prelim loss.

maybe it is time to start forgetting for the sake of our mental health

As long as your list is roughly top-4 for talent in a given season, it’s ‘good enough’ to win the flag on a given day.

It’s certainly hard to see the raw talent for what it is when they’re serving up anaemic performances against mighty Gold Coast or the usual stagefright-defecation in Showdowns.

But there was nothing wrong with “the list” when we were 5 goals up on Collingwood at the MCG, was there? And as scabby as Sydney have been of late, rock’n’rolling them by triple-figures when they boast the likes of Grundy, Warner, Mills, Heeney, Gulden and Rowbottom in the engine room speaks for itself.

Makes you wonder why we insist on labouring through and enduring such pathetic performances and unfulfilled seasons when this ceiling is begging to be unlocked.
I'll be interested to hear his pre match address before the first final - will there be a change from "finals are scary"? Something like, "You're in this position because you're good enough - now get out there and prove it" would be a breath of fresh air, but I'm not sure if such words are part of his vocabulary.

A mate said to me this morning, "True Port fans don't tolerate 10 year premiership droughts", and we've officially doubled that figure for the first time in the club's history, thanks to Hinkley and his enablers. As good as Saturday night was, far bigger challenges await in the coming weeks.

No, we don’t tolerate premiership droughts as REH has said we should be like the Hawks win a flag per decade they done it since the 60’s and that should be the standards here at port. The Showdown and our first finals match will test the of what we saw on Saturday was a fluke or not.

I'll be interested to hear his pre match address before the first final - will there be a change from "finals are scary"? Something like, "You're in this position because you're good enough - now get out there and prove it" would be a breath of fresh air, but I'm not sure if such words are part of his vocabulary.

I like to think he’d be in the corner wearing oversized noise-cancelling headphones playing on a sterile iPad and sucking on a fruit box.

I like to think he’d be in the corner wearing oversized noise-cancelling headphones playing on a sterile iPad and sucking on a fruit box.
And I'm certain he'd excel at it, given the fact that he's sucked regularly over the last 12 years :).

The best thing about the weekend is it gives Hinkley, CD, Kane et al no more excuses. No longer can they say we're not good enough; too young: too inexperienced etc.

Nowhere to hide this year.
This would be true if questions were ever asked after a poor performance (whether it's next week, another H&A game or in the finals), but they never have been and I'm not expecting it to start now. There won't be a single media pundit pulling any of them aside and going "why can you beat Sydney by 112 points but couldn't win this week?". Hinkley & CD will go into hiding and Kane will go "well clearly the coaching is good enough, they beat Sydney by 112 don't you know?". They'll pass the loss off as "players let them down" and probably use it to justify Ken and co getting "one more" crack at it.

That won't work, he should try telling the players they need to win some finals this time or their daddy won't be around anymore. That seems to be the only thing that can motivate them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That won't work, he should try telling the players they need to win some finals this time or their daddy won't be around anymore. That seems to be the only thing that can motivate them
His press conference already shows him cacking his dacks at the thought of expectation. He was very subdued. He's such a loser.

His press conference already shows him cacking his dacks at the thought of expectation. He was very subdued. He's such a loser.

Oh no.. people are gonna expect something from us again.

It's a fine line between not quite shit enough to be sacked, not quite good enough that anyone expects you to achieve anything, but good enough to pretend like you're doing well on the surface. Kern has been walking that line for a decade

Some corners of the media and their "where are the haters now?" schtick seem to rapidly forget that we won 13 on the trot last season, bailed out in straight sets and some of these same people finally started to talk about our finals record and Ken's ability to get us there. I've said it before, if you want a true reflection of performance you need to consider the trajectory of the opposition. Right now, the Bulldogs, Lions and Hawks would be bigger scalps than Sydney away. Not to take anything away form our performance on the weekend, but as we continually say around here, been there done that.

Kane's been booing Beverdige all year, they are flying.....I'm embarrassed for him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep! Don’t quote me, but if the WBD go on to win the Premiership I can hear the ex Fireman say,

“Is Bevo the most undeserving Premiership coach in the history of sports”?

Can you just imagine Kaneo reading bf especially our pages honestly he’d have a heart attack if he did.

Performative hot take shtick or not, his hypocrisy is reaching CTE-levels.

If you see him coming out of CostCo with the right amount of bibles, be sure to call the police.

Jimmy Rowe dad thinks we are quiet 🤣🤣🤣

I like Rowey as a sports talk radio host, and in this case he's certainly hit the nail on the head to incite a few supporters to get talkback lines going.

One thing he will never admit to publicly on radio but has admitted to many people is that he wants a strong Port Adelaide Football Club because he knows South Australian footy is always at its peak when Port Adelaide are doing well and are up and about.

I like Rowey as a sports talk radio host, and in this case he's certainly hit the nail on the head to incite a few supporters to get talkback lines going.

One thing he will never admit to publicly on radio but has admitted to many people is that he wants a strong Port Adelaide Football Club because he knows South Australian footy is always at its peak when Port Adelaide are doing well and are up and about.

Ofc, Chewy, that’s equals ratings going through the roof without angry callers after bad port lost or crow lost. Which keeps him in his second job at AA other than keeping his complete windscreens business a float.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back