Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst we're on Bounce, jeebus I hate Ben Dixon. The most unfunny, self-adoring, unachiever on telly.

His notes while boundary riding at the Swans game featured the revelation Port wore pink in the 19th century, no doubt to hilariously interject during any ‘impromptu’ reference to the prisonbars.

IMG_0614.jpeg

Wish he’d take a cue from his father-in-law, tbh.

People have just lost their minds after 12 years of this crap. In isolation its not too bad but nothing can be looked at in isolation at this point.
That footage of Kingsley addressing the Giants players and fans made me so incredibly jealous. It epitomised everything I want my club to be - it just won't happen until Stinkley is gone.

View attachment 2075177

• #1 pick
• 3 x AA
• 1 x AA
• 2 x AA
• AFLCA MVP
• FS (04 premiership player)
• 1st Round Pick
• 1 x AA / B&F
• chaff
• 2025 Rising Star smoky
• Brownlow Medallist

He’s making you all look pretty silly, pulling off these results off with loose cotton wool, toothpicks, and the residue from a mustard bottle.
LOLs at chaff, is that in the agricultural context of military?

Yep. If Ken's been consistent in one thing and one thing only, it's that he performs at his best when the screws are being tightened.

Another Sack Hinkley sticker would go a treat right now. Don't think you're getting out of this because you won a few regular season games. We still hate you.
And no doubt Whateley and Kornes will laud his achievements this week, but that's the key point - WHAT ACHIEVEMENTS? We've won enough games to be in contention for finals, but it's nothing to get excited about yet. The next 7 weeks are what really counts, and if we fall short of another grand final, then it's simply been another wasted year.

And no doubt Whateley and Kornes will laud his achievements this week, but that's the key point - WHAT ACHIEVEMENTS? We've won enough games to be in contention for finals, but it's nothing to get excited about yet. The next 7 weeks are what really counts, and if we fall short of another grand final, then it's simply been another wasted year.
My opinion is he shouldn't be lauded at all irrespective of results. It's all moot and irrelevant to me. It's his 12th year. He should've been sacked many moons ago.

My opinion is he shouldn't be lauded at all irrespective of results. It's all moot and irrelevant to me. It's his 12th year. He should've been sacked many moons ago.
Yep - I think he only deserves recognition for 1 thing: the title of least successful coach ever.

I'm sure they were hoping Carlton finished top so they could bring back the old VFL 'right of challenge' where if the minor premier loses in the finals they get to play the winner of the Grand Final the week after the Grand Final, and the winner of that Challenge Final is the premier. Like giving the minor premier an AFL version of the WWE's Money in the Bank briefcase.

A whole 'nother Grand Final, the AFL and the broadcasters are sure to love that!
That actually makes a lot more sense than a double chance!

These idiots have such short memories. We went through all of this exact same thing when we won 13 in a row last year. The idea that he has now cracked the code and this year will be different is not something you can say with confidence if your brain has developed the ability to recognise patterns.

His notes while boundary riding at the Swans game featured the revelation Port wore pink in the 19th century, no doubt to hilariously interject during any ‘impromptu’ reference to the prisonbars.

View attachment 2076912

thank ken?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many times this week are we going to hear we're looking forward to the opportunity to play in what is a TOUGH, BRUTAL, STRONG, RUTHLESS, CRUEL, FEROCIOUS, POWERFUL, HARD, SOLID, LUCKY, UNLUCKY COMPETITION. We'll do AS BEST AS WE POSSIBLY CAN and we'll need to BRING OUR VERY BEST to compete OR WE'LL GET BEAT.

I don't have a problem with a wildcard round, given the upcoming expansion. Giving clubs something to play for in the back half of the season is a good thing. A week where 7th plays 10th and 8th plays 9th is fine by me.

Basically just an extra Elimination Final
1st Elimination Final - 7v10
2nd Elimination Final 8v9
3rd Elimination Final 5v6

That actually makes a lot more sense than a double chance!

Said challenge final only happened if the minor premier lost the "not quite final final". If this generations media executives weren't on board with grand final replays because they valued predictable scheduling over a one-off windfall bonus, this old idea for finals scheduling also isn't making a comeback.

View attachment 2076912

I’d let it slide if he rolled out “Two with the Hink for every one in the pink.”

Said challenge final only happened if the minor premier lost the "not quite final final". If this generations media executives weren't on board with grand final replays because they valued predictable scheduling over a one-off windfall bonus, this old idea for finals scheduling also isn't making a comeback.

Winning the league should have a far higher value than it currently does.

Home and away season with the league winner going straight to prelims or having such a challenge would make me very happy.

I know it’ll never happen.

Winning the league should have a far higher value than it currently does.

Home and away season with the league winner going straight to prelims or having such a challenge would make me very happy.

I know it’ll never happen.

I'd agree if it were a true home & away fixture, otherwise this could be stacked under how they rig the current chook lotto they call a fixture now.

Kane on SEN:
"Craig McRae should move to the coaching box and change things, we know he is only on the bench to talk to players, he's not actually coaching from down there"

Wow just wow.

If the Crows do a number on us in the Showdown, Hinkley should be sacked straight after, that would ruin our top 4 chances, that means no GF most likely.

He’s in the perfect sweet spot few other coaches around the world have managed to inhabit:

If Port continues winning and climbing the ladder it’s an unexpected (hmm, why is that?) miracle conjured by an under-appreciated legend of the caper,

If Port flames out once again in Showdowns/September, there’s only so much blood Poor Kenny™ can extract from a stone, and nobody expected (hmm, why is that?) Port to do well anyway, did they?

The completely off-the-record thoughts of Choco Williams as regards all this would no doubt blow the sycophants’ hair back.

If the Crows do a number on us in the Showdown, Hinkley should be sacked straight after, that would ruin our top 4 chances, that means no GF most likely.
He'll coach out the season now regardless but if we lose, this will be the game that finishes him. if that makes sense.

We simply cannot drop it this given the stakes, the opposition, and recent record against said opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back