Autopsy Saints kick the Bombers butts far into the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon stank, make no bones about it?

But we did what teams should do when they play teams that are stinking it up, and that is play your way and let the scoreboard take care of itself.

Lots of our players had really good games and the forward line is looking better every week without Max, that's not me saying trade Max, that's clearly crazy talk, but train him in the ruck position over summer to add another dimension to not only his own game, but also the teams. We have been so predictable for years now , it's why we "bombed", but look how more flexible our forward line has looked with a diverse mix of forward options.

We made them stink.

Great stuff Saints. Made by day, weekend, week, year. Well maybe not year.

Too early for a proper dissection but hopefully the penny is going to drop about Max. We need to fit Max into our system not build our system around Max and make him carry the weight of the world on his shoulders.

17 goals two weeks in a row. 16 v Brisbane and 13 v Swans shows what a versatile, mobile forward line can do.

But how many sharp turns did he make?

To be fair , i think that Cairnsman has already changed his stance on Cooper.
he was rather consistently vocal about him being average

we have plenty of time left on the we forgive you meter

Every bit of that game was fantastic. Not a single player you could look at and say they didn't contribute.

It speaks volumes that we didn't bother activating our sub.

May Essendon go another 7,000 days without a final win
Not one player had less than 10 disposals.
Bombers had 7.

What a bloody good game.
The kids were great - Cooper, Caminiti and Cowens ( oops Owens).
When last did we see marks and goal kicking like that?

Hard to unpack this puzzle: I can’t workout whether King doesn’t lead so our mids kick it up in the air or Our mids see King and just decide to put it on his head. I’m a huge fan of king and I still believe he’ll be a super player but we genuinely have looked better going forward without him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Battle stays (post match interview doesn’t give confidence)

I’m going all in on Oliver.

**** it. I want quality mids in this side. We would be top 6 if we had 2 of them.

Post match interview gave me plenty of Confidence.
And have you seen any good work from Oliver recently.

Phillipou coming back in and playing well gives me more confidence than Oliver would.
We need to improve our midfield yes, but Oliver aint the guy.

Brad Scott press conference
Sad Bad Day GIF by Laff

Constantly taking breaths, just the pouty face and woe is us, we were trash...

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Saints kick the Bombers butts far into the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back