Game Day Saints versus Hawks, Bounce @ 2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I can't watch the game live guys, but looks like we are having a real crack. Can't wait to see the replay, regardless of what happens from here.

Loving the way we are going about things. We are further ahead in our rebuild than i had given us credit for!
Boys are having a real crack, just silly mistakes

Come on Saints.
Keep the pressure on boys

Geary should give his first option every time. You can almost guarantee he will **** it up if he doesn't. He should have just kicked it to Eli so we could fast break down the wing.

I'm not blaming Eli for that at all

That shits me - all the hard work and they give away a shot.

Great effort guys - very good half only let down by 3 or so really bad turnovers in the back half which was costly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The mid part of that quarter was the best we've played in 6 years. Great to see the likes of Ross and Acres matching it with the Hawks. We've had our share of stage fright but I'm still stoked and even if we lose I'm happy with the performance.

How many times does Mitchell throw the ball and get away with it? I saw at least 3 throws from him in the last 5 minutes.

Really proud of the boys today.

The shit that people say about Gears is ridiculous. He's been immense today and yes he's made mistakes but we're playing against one of the greatest sides EVER.

Tom Lee has been good for his first game back in 2 years. Our pressure has been insane. Armo Steven Ross Templeton Acres all been great. Defense holding up well and our run and carry especially through the middle of the ground has been instrumental in keeping us in the game.

It's really exciting stuff seeing these bunch of young boys taking it up to a team like the Hawks. To only be down by 11 points at halftime is a fantastic result, the boys and the fans should hold their heads up high. In 2014 we lost to Hawthorn by 144 points, in 2015 it was 10 goals or so, so we've definitely improved. Our pressure around contest and stoppage is really worrying the Hawks and you can tell that they are rushed in their disposal whenever they get the ball, especially through the middle.

Hickey dominating in the middle, we lead the tackle count and our clearances in that quarter were dominant.

Really buoyed by the first half the side has displayed. The challenge now is to keep that up for another hour and who knows what can happen from there. It's been great to watch and regardless of result now we should all be proud that the boys have come over to Tassie and actually given a stuff. They've worked their asses off and they deserve some plaudits. Great stuff.

LETS GO SAINTS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back