Game Day Saints versus Hawks, Bounce @ 2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks so good when they get it right

Our skills under pressure are improving week to week (I know we've had some shockers today but they were all pretty much unforced errors). seriously exciting watching us execute our gamplan against the hawks.

Pumped for the second half.

Acres bursting out of the middle was Ablettesque!

It'll all really come down to fatigue IMO. Will we keep the fight going another hour or will they run out of legs?

They look switched on today, sure Hawthorn got a few goals ahead but the boys didn't drop their heads, they continued to be aggressive through the middle with some dare and fight and that coast to coast play from back to forward leading to Roo's set shot goal was a massive tick for me. That's how we need to continue to play. They've now seen that playing the way they have can net them a result of only 5pt halftime difference, so will they continue it??

I love our aggression on the ball carrier. We are putting these Hawks blokes into the turf and making sure they ****ing feel it. Mav Weller is like Aaron Hamill was, a raging bull, just breaking congestion wide open. Billings all class. Gears having his best game all year. Riewoldt in the middle is working,

Might be the beers talking here but I'm just so ****in' proud of the guys today. We're playing spirited, gutsy football. Taking risks. Showing the Hawks we don't give a flying stuff about their pedigree. The 22 men out there have done the jumper proud if only for a half. **** even if we lose by a goal once the final siren sounds it doesn't matter to me, this will be as good as a win if we keep it up. Not many sides can ever say they matched it with Hawthorn for four quarters.

Go you good things. Do the club proud. STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY!

Our skills under pressure are improving week to week (I know we've had some shockers today but they were all pretty much unforced errors). seriously exciting watching us execute our gamplan against the hawks.

Agree and that will only get better as these boys play more games together. The proof will be in the 2nd half of the season.

The bit of play in the 1st quarter through the centre and Weller kicked to Roo,

I was worried about Cyril - 5 disposals and 1 goal for the half is a good effort by us.

Seb Ross showing us once again that this is his break out year. Hickey doing well in the ruck.

We need to lower our eyes going into the fwd line or kick it to the advantage of Bruce and McCartin who have not really had many clear opportunities.

Started wobbly but had some nice exit kicks from defence. 5/10 I reckon so far
5 outa 10? Dont forget its his first game back man. Thrown in the boiler down there... Our turn overs mean the balls coming back quickly. Havnt really been set up. Some of his contests have been really good and his kickings been great.

Pumped for the second half.

Acres bursting out of the middle was Ablettesque!

It'll all really come down to fatigue IMO. Will we keep the fight going another hour or will they run out of legs?

They look switched on today, sure Hawthorn got a few goals ahead but the boys didn't drop their heads, they continued to be aggressive through the middle with some dare and fight and that coast to coast play from back to forward leading to Roo's set shot goal was a massive tick for me. That's how we need to continue to play. They've now seen that playing the way they have can net them a result of only 5pt halftime difference, so will they continue it??

I love our aggression on the ball carrier. We are putting these Hawks blokes into the turf and making sure they ******* feel it. Mav Weller is like Aaron Hamill was, a raging bull, just breaking congestion wide open. Billings all class. Gears having his best game all year. Riewoldt in the middle is working,

Might be the beers talking here but I'm just so ****in' proud of the guys today. We're playing spirited, gutsy football. Taking risks. Showing the Hawks we don't give a flying stuff about their pedigree. The 22 men out there have done the jumper proud if only for a half. **** even if we lose by a goal once the final siren sounds it doesn't matter to me, this will be as good as a win if we keep it up. Not many sides can ever say they matched it with Hawthorn for four quarters.

Go you good things. Do the club proud. STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY!

I agree 100%... it is the beers talking. ;)

Keep enjoying it mate!:D

How good in St Nick playing? He could be all australian again this year. Guy is an absolute superstar!

Really happy with Lonies game so far, he's so smart for a young bloke, knows where the ball is going and gets front and square every time.

That clearences from Acres was one of the most exciting things I've seen all year. He's never goin to be a silky skilled mid but if he can just play like a bull in the middle he can become a damaging footballer.

Newnes and Savage both doing really well again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back