Preview Saints vs Bombers Fri 14 July Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Innocuous! You clearly weren't at the ground then. He was bent over collecting the footy and got collected in the head.
And to all those writing him off, remember a few years ago when everybody had written Roo off as finished due to concussions?
A few years ago? How about everyone retiring him after the Freo game.

Paddy gets over it or Paddy eventually retires. So what? Unless any of you are time travellers, nobody can predict injuries in football. It is what it is.

As gosaints said no point worrying about something that hasn't happened.

Get excited Josh Battle might get the gig this week

I think it's ok to feel disappointed that our Pick 1 will get to the end of his 3rd season with little to no impact on the field. There are also question marks as to whether he has an AFL future. I think that's a natural emotion to have. Doesn't make you a bad supporter does it.

Not a knock on Paddy. Just a fact. Also doesn't mean he can't come good. Surely we're all hoping he does. Really important for the club that he does. He's had very little good fortune so far.

He's never been an integral part of the team though, as he's never had the chance to actually establish himself. It'd be a real tragedy if he was prevented from ever showing his full talent.

As far as i am concerned he is an integral part of the team, and always will be, until he no longer wears a Saints jumper. Just because his concussion has prevented him from playing, doesn't mean he not classed as a much needed player a cog in the machine.

Paddy WILL get concussed again and WHEN that happens expect that he WILL then be told to medically retire . That's where its going . It's blatantly obvious

Hey mods , are we still able to have opinions and not be berated

Of course. Just know that heavily negative comments (such as yours) are likely to be disagreed with.

We'll remove the abuse and baiting as it comes. Would also appreciate reports rather than retorts.

Hey that's catchy

Paddy WILL get concussed again and WHEN that happens expect that he WILL then be told to medically retire . That's where its going . It's blatantly obvious
fortune-teller.jpg

Really disappointing to hear that news about Paddy being out for 3 more weeks, especially at a time we need him playing with Membrey out suspended.

Hopefully that's not the case but the signs aren't good, in the position he plays in there's a lot of heavy contact so him being concussion prone is a real worry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see battle play though. Imagine how much of a king he'd be walking into school on Monday
Yeah if that happens he might do ok behind the shelter sheds on Monday you'd think:thumbsu:
Unless of course he goes to an all boys school:eek:
images (3).jpg

Even if Paddy was to have to give it away at some point in the future, the recruiters should not be crucified for that.

He had well known diabetes issues and the club did due diligence on that. And due diligence on his character. They couldn’t know that he would keep getting himself knocked out.

Yes he went pick 1, but the kid who went 2 picks later also keeps getting knocked out and if anything is closer to a medical induced retirement than our big forward. But the Demons escape the same scrutiny because they also picked up Petracca in the pick between the two head knockers. They managed to have two picks of course because Frawley walked to Hawthorn as a FA and they were given a very sweet deal by the AFL.

The Dees couldn’t have known what was going to happen to Angus, and Trout and Co couldn’t have known what was going to happen with Paddy.

Having said that, I remain of the view that Paddy will recover and will have a long and successful career at our club.

Did anyone hear paddy speak about it himself? He said he has been advised that he is no more prone to being concussed due to the repeat incidents.

He has just had some bad luck and has "put his head in the wrong spot"
I feel bad for him but there is just no way at this point that his career is in jeopardy over this last knock.

I think we have to start to expect people will miss more games over little concussions now and into the future. Past players probably took some of these knocks and played on thinking very little of it.

The big difference is that paddy is being looked after properly, and past players were not.

I reckon we should be expecting to get wins in all games except Sydney and Port, the rest are all winnable games and it's getting to the serious point of the season. If we stumble against any of the sides around our mark we could easily find our selves having to win one of those games to be any chance again.
I reckon we're more than a chance against Port. Not one of the remaining games is unwinnable for the Saints and despite being at AO and not winning against Power for a while (how long? Seems like ages) they're too inconsistent to really believe in. We'll see.

Paddy is a gun of a guy and hopefully this is just a bit of a bump in the road. You would have to be crazy to write him off now, his career hasn't even started yet. Freeman looked like a waste of pick 20something a couple of months ago, now we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Paddy gets over it or Paddy eventually retires. So what? Unless any of you are time travellers, nobody can predict injuries in football. It is what it is.

Look who's back!

If I have the day free what I like doing is watching an old throwback classic of the two sides before the game starts, then tune into the current day Saints.

Cleared out Friday to sit back with some beers and watch this classic from '97.
52,000 at the 'G.

I'm pumped already.

Thanks for posting. I get so nostalgic with the old school coverage/commentary. To watch later.

Been a lot of writing off Nick lately.
Knee is no good.
Hes cooked.
He is stifling the other fwds development.
Hes selfish.

Still life in the old dog yet me thinks.
And he's pretty damn important with Paddy and Membrey out

Thanks for posting. I get so nostalgic with the old school coverage/commentary. To watch later.
It's fantastic isn't it. Loved footy back then.

I reckon we're more than a chance against Port. Not one of the remaining games is unwinnable for the Saints and despite being at AO and not winning against Power for a while (how long? Seems like ages) they're too inconsistent to really believe in. We'll see.

To me Port are our bogey side and always have been. Sydney also seem to have the wood over us. I'm pretty confident that we match up against most other teams in the comp but for some reason historically we struggle against them. Interestingly we beat Port in the JLT and lost to Sydney despite playing a fantastic game against the Swans. They had their B team in and still rolled us.

I think it's ok to feel disappointed that our Pick 1 will get to the end of his 3rd season with little to no impact on the field. There are also question marks as to whether he has an AFL future. I think that's a natural emotion to have. Doesn't make you a bad supporter does it.

Not a knock on Paddy. Just a fact. Also doesn't mean he can't come good. Surely we're all hoping he does. Really important for the club that he does. He's had very little good fortune so far.

Brayshaw from melbourne is the pick 3 isn't he. Both extremely unlucky with head knocks. At least we aren't the Pies who sold all their Premiership guns to get high picks.....Freeman and Scharenberg have both been so unlucky and should have been blue chip players. They also got the highly rated Aish and Broomhead that have failed to make it to the level many expected of them.

Been a lot of writing off Nick lately.
Knee is no good.
Hes cooked.
He is stifling the other fwds development.
Hes selfish.

Still life in the old dog yet me thinks.
And he's pretty damn important with Paddy and Membrey out
And it's like, forget who Nick is for a second. Which team in the AFL wouldn't take a player averaging 18 touches, 8 marks and 2 goals a game? He's comfortably still in the best 22 of any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back