Preview Saints vs Bombers Fri 14 July Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by CH7 news tonight Paddy will be given another week of no games to make sure he is fully over his concussion.

So that would mean for Membrey Acres or Battle. And being such a crucial game I would be most surprised if they debuted Battle in it.

Battle would be fine to debut, its not like he's the main target like Moore for Pies. Third banana behind Roo & Bruce, he'd get looked after & be fine. Saying that I expect Acres comes in.

he was injured for a period but it's not so much body as simply overall fitness. He's been able to have a great impact in spurts but then goes missing for large chunks - exactly as you'd expect someone to behave if they aren't completely AFL fit. I personally have no concerns over it, he's not a "natural athlete"; and VFL watchers are saying he's getting a lot better and ran out the last game really well, so I'd expect we'll see another game or two before the year is out, and hopefully a bit preseason puts him in the frame for next year

I reckon he looked a bit like Brendan Goddard in his draft year, he took his time to come good and Neckbeard should hopefully be right to roll when Brendan hangs up the boots.

I would imagine the poor kid is a lot more frustrated than we are!

I'm a bit worried he is having time off rather than us playing cautious. Bill Brownless said he was struggling with the injuries and lack of opportunity and was going through a period where he was really falling out of love with the game. I wouldn't be surprised if we were giving him a bit of time and space to get his head right. We are seeing more players struggling this year and there wouldn't be many under as much pressure as Paddy.

I'm a bit worried he is having time off rather than us playing cautious. Bill Brownless said he was struggling with the injuries and lack of opportunity and was going through a period where he was really falling out of love with the game. I wouldn't be surprised if we were giving him a bit of time and space to get his head right. We are seeing more players struggling this year and there wouldn't be many under as much pressure as Paddy.
Priming him up for finals...

Do a Boyd and kick 3 in a winning granny then do. Nathan Ablett and ride off into the sunset with his medal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Membrey out is huge..acres is not even close to membreys marking ability..we must bring another forward...if paddy is nit ready i say roll the dice and get rowan marshall..

On SM-N9005 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Marshall played a full game. It aint going to happen

Club being cautious af with Paddy
Only allowed to tackle Paddy at training in this getup atm.
sydney-bubble-soccer-team.jpg

If I have the day free what I like doing is watching an old throwback classic of the two sides before the game starts, then tune into the current day Saints.

Cleared out Friday to sit back with some beers and watch this classic from '97.
52,000 at the 'G.

I'm pumped already.

Lappin miles out goes big torp goes through for a point , the commentator says after that Lappins chances of scoring from there were 50 - 1 I'll put some money on that as he had just scored lmao.

We should bring in Acres for Membrey. If we are struggling up front move the magnets around, put Carlisle up forward for a bit, swing Gilbert to the backline and Acres on a wing or in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back