Preview Saints vs Bombers Fri 14 July Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a bit of dejavu. The next 3 week block against Essendon and away games against Sydney and Port looks awfully like our horror three week draw against the Swans, Dogs and Crows earlier in the year. Let's hope we do better this time around. A possible finals berth depends on it.
I'm only worried about Syd in that group of 3.......Ess to a lesser degree....there is a huge gap between Essendon's best and their worst...depends which Ess turn up.

With Port.....their very beatable IMO........at the time of writing this...they're 3 goals up....23 min mark....they win and they still haven't beaten a top 8 side.

Saw this gem on the Injectors board...
And their defence is relatively undersized.
Errr...

Carlisle - 201cm
Brown - 195cm
Roberton - 194cm

o_O

Out: Members, McKenzie
In: Acres, Hickey

Love to see Hickey up forward to see if he can play a second role. Then chop out the ruck when Lomger is off.

McKenzie is just a liability. I don't care what anyone says. He isn't AFL standard. Even in a one sided flop, he still couldn't hit a target with no pressure to be seen.

Acres to a wing, Sinclair to half back.

Love to see Hickey up forward to see if he can play a second role. Then chop out the ruck when Lomger is off.

McKenzie is just a liability. I don't care what anyone says. He isn't AFL standard. Even in a one sided flop, he still couldn't hit a target with no pressure to be seen.

he's played nineteen dude. 50 game mark he'll be very good

he's played nineteen dude. 50 game mark he'll be very good
I just can't see it at all. Hasn't improved one season yet. Normally there's some improvement in young kids. He drops easy marks, handballs into pressure and shanks every second kick.

At this stage - if we're honestly trying to make it deep into September, he plays seconds unless he's absolutely banging the door down.

I just can't see it at all. Hasn't improved one season yet. Normally there's some improvement in young kids. He drops easy marks, handballs into pressure and shanks every second kick.

At this stage - if we're honestly trying to make it deep into September, he plays seconds unless he's absolutely banging the door down.
he took like three contested marks in a row as the tigers were trying to get it out of their defensive fifty in the second, then the big one in the last. He's one of the better marks on our team. What you're seeing is a case of the nerves from a young player. He's a good kick but you won't see it consistently for another year and a bit

That's nothing to do with his ability. He just needs some confidence and belief will come. He has the ability and talent.

looks like we held a few over given back to back 6 day breaks..

Given everyone comes up for the game i reckon acres for membrey only change.. if newnes doesn't come up FREEZE!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win last night (lol Richmond) but here's hoping you don't do the same to us! Not sure which Essendon will turn up but when we are on we are a very good side and we have played better football as underdogs this season. Excited to see the long awaited Daniher vs Carlisle matchup which should be a cracker as should ther game. Best of luck and let's hope you can have a decent run in September if we can't.

Great win last night (lol Richmond) but here's hoping you don't do the same to us! Not sure which Essendon will turn up but when we are on we are a very good side and we have played better football as underdogs this season. Excited to see the long awaited Daniher vs Carlisle matchup which should be a cracker as should ther game. Best of luck and let's hope you can have a decent run in September if we can't.

I reckon brown may get daniher when he's closer to goal... carlisle to hooker to try and be the 3rd across to help

Without stating the obvious this is a must win. Lose and we give back all the advantage that last night gave us.

Win and I reckon we play finals

Sadly I reckon skunk gets careless and high impact. 3 down to 2. Harsh when his intent was the ball but I reckon that's how it'll play out

Genius... move our most effective wing man to the back flank? And okay 2 ruck? Righteo...

I know it's harsh to drop a kid after a week and he did show character to work his way into the game but I reckon Rice should come in for McKenzie. Mckenzie is just making too many poor errors for someone playing the role he plays and has all year in the seniors if we are being honest. Let's give Rice a go and see what he gives us, now is the perfect time to try it after his latest performance for Sandy.

Coming into this game I am reminded of when we had an awesome win against GWS. Everyone was on a huge high then we put in a rubbish performance against Sydney .. can't afford to do that here need to back this one up and show we are a genuine threat . As well as 2 tough interstate trips straight after so we need to bank a win here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back